Monday, April 18th, 2016 1:14pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,910

Another exclusive for another entertainment website - this time Comics Alliance - comes in the shape of Brendan Cahill's ROM the Spaceknight variant for IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55, which will be hitting retail this summer. You can read the solicit for the issue below, and please note that ROM has nothing to do with the ongoing - these are just part of an initiative to celebrate the Spaceknight returning to comics!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)
The battle against the DECEPTICON JUSTICE DIVISION is finally over, and for the few AUTOBOTS left standing, all that’s left are words. Four words, to be precise. Four terrible words, millions of years old, that gave the DECEPTICONS their name.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55—ROM Variant
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Brendan Cahill (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Bullet points:
• An unexpected ending? Or the most unexpected ending?
• The crew of the Lost Light has never seen higher stakes!
• Setting the stage for TITANS RETURN—and beyond!
• Part of IDW’s month-long variant cover program, celebrating the return of ROM!
• Variant cover by Carlos Valenzuela!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Comics Alliance

This article was last modified on Monday, April 18th, 2016 1:15pm CDT

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782358)
Posted by Nexus Knight on April 18th, 2016 @ 1:30pm CDT
Well, damn. Bets on who's kicking the buckets?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782365)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 18th, 2016 @ 1:44pm CDT
I'm more worried about that part about four words that gave the cons their name...I'm now worried that they are going to screw up megs
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782366)
Posted by Microraptor on April 18th, 2016 @ 1:45pm CDT
I swear Roberts, if you kill Tailgate....
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782367)
Posted by Va'al on April 18th, 2016 @ 1:46pm CDT
You
Have
Been
Deceived

..that's four words, right? :(
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782370)
Posted by MrBlack on April 18th, 2016 @ 1:49pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:You
Have
Been
Deceived

..that's four words, right? :(

You Are Being Deceived.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782376)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 18th, 2016 @ 2:01pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:You
Have
Been
Deceived

..that's four words, right? :(

You Are Being Deceived.

Why have I also got the feeling that the hand of titan returns is intermingled with this.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782393)
Posted by Va'al on April 18th, 2016 @ 2:39pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:You
Have
Been
Deceived

..that's four words, right? :(

You Are Being Deceived.

You Will Have Been Deceiv... that's five.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782438)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 18th, 2016 @ 4:17pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:You
Have
Been
Deceived

..that's four words, right? :(

Probably the best 4 words. Also, Roberts said via Twitter that if 55 were the last issue, it would be a great series finale, so I feel the Knights and the map and the weird symbols will play out somehow with this.

And as for deaths: with Titans return being brought up in the description, I'm going to hazard some guesses:

die: Nightbeat, Brainstorm, Rodimus, Ten, Ravage :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782439)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 18th, 2016 @ 4:17pm CDT
Well, here's how the Titan Masters come into play. This should be interesting.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782458)
Posted by xyl360 on April 18th, 2016 @ 5:57pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782460)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 18th, 2016 @ 6:21pm CDT
"Setting the stage for Titans Return"

With that, we have official confirmation that MTMTE will be ruined, just like CW ruined Transformers. I'd really hoped this title would be spareds, but it looks like the fucking bastards at Hasbro need more toy commercials. I'm out, there is no point in even finishing the current arc, I'll just read the wiki in a couple months. Good luck to those of you sticking it out.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782468)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 18th, 2016 @ 6:50pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Man, I'd pay Has/Tak real money for a figure of that Rodimus/Hot Rod design in plastic (although perhaps in slightly more red/less orange colors; e.g. something like his CW figure's colors though if I had to I could correct any miscues in coloration with paint myself). Preferably in Deluxe size or larger (Voyager~Leader would be ideal). I hope this is one of the designs appearing in the comics because Hasbro has plans on making it for real in the upcoming toyline somewhere, not just another throwaway design for a character that they have no plans to use.

Believe me, that has been my hope for a while now. unfortunately, he has had that design for over 4 years now and still nothing. It has been rumored that a Titans return Rodimus is being made, but it will be a deluxe and based on his G1 self, not this one unfortunately :( :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782495)
Posted by MGrotusque on April 18th, 2016 @ 8:15pm CDT
I'm a HUGE fan of ROM.

I need this variant cover. I'm also highly anticipating the first issue of a new ROM comic in more than 30 years next month. Glad IDW was able to get a hold to the rights of the character.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782551)
Posted by xyl360 on April 19th, 2016 @ 6:25am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Damn, that's a real bummer, I absolutely fell in love with the design the moment I saw it (so much so that I actually clicked on the news thumbnail for it even though I almost never read or even view any of the comics related topics since I don't really read them, which I'm sure you can tell based on the fact that I had no idea this iteration of the character even existed until now even though it's apparently been around for 4 years). Any idea if any of the third parties are planning on doing one? Also, does anyone have any pics of his alt mode for this form handy by any chance? I'd love to see what that looks like.

Sorry everyone for dragging this a bit OT, but I'm just really stuck on this design from the comics (hopefully that's just relevant enough to consider these comments not too topic-derailing in nature). I'll leave it be after these questions so the thread may return to its regularly scheduled programming.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782562)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 19th, 2016 @ 8:07am CDT
Awesome cover. 8-) It appears Rodimus survives. That's all that matters. :x

No matter what, I'm really looking forward to reading MTMTE for the next 6 months. (Last issue I read was #44.)
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782571)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 19th, 2016 @ 8:44am CDT
xyl360, just for you:

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1782589)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 19th, 2016 @ 10:12am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Rodimus: you seem to be a bit behind! Better catch up! 47 is one of my favorites :MAXIMAL:
I have a problem. I can't read just 1 issue at a time. It's not enough. So I read MTMTE by the volume. I'm all caught up, volume 8 ended with issue #44. Volume 9 hits next month. Volume 10 will have The Dying of The Light arc. So I won't find out what happened with Megatron and the DJD until volume 10 comes out, probably around October or November.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1792871)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 26th, 2016 @ 7:59pm CDT
Thanks to his Twitter Page, Alex Milne has been nice enough to show off is cover for More Than Meets The Eye 55. This cover features Megatron in a dimly lit area powered only by the Necrobots flowers, and there he stands holding one, glowing brightly while he looks on solemnly and depressed.

Beware for after the black and white as well as the colored image, we will quote Milne on something he commented on in response to someone's question about the cover, so there is a potential spoiler.

Alex Milne wrote:The flowers don't just represent people he's directly killed remember.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1792873)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 26th, 2016 @ 8:02pm CDT
And now that I've posted the story, I can say as a please:

Megatron doesn't kill anyone. Instead, by his lack of action, by his choosing to hide and command from a distance rather than face the threat, someone or some bots die, and he is responsible because he either gave them an order, like "go down that alleyway" and they died, or because he could have fought with them and prevented their deaths. :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 ROM the Spaceknight Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill (1792910)
Posted by Seibertron on May 26th, 2016 @ 10:36pm CDT
I love that some of the artists, such as Milne, have been drawing their own faction symbols instead of using the extremely obvious "official" symbols, which look very out-of-place when stamped on a drawing. Thank you for allowing the artists to do this or thank you to the artists for going this route instead of using the official symbols.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY