IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8

Transformers News: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8

Friday, May 31st, 2019 6:29PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: 00Stargrave00   Views: 15,805

Seibertronians now listed at Previewsworld are images for alternate covers for Transformers issues #7 and #8. Issue #7 is due in at your local comic book shop by June 12, 2019 and is listed for SRP: $3.99. The issue cover also states that a Transformers Trading Card Game booster pack will also be included. Although unable to further verify at this time it is presumed this will not be a part of the Siege wave since that is set to release at the end of June. Listed are the CVR Christian Ward (variant cover A) and the 10-copy retailer incentive cover by Guido Guidi.

We also have a new cover for issue #8, the Jeffrey Veregge 10 copy incentive cover.

Let us know your thoughts below!

When another body shows up, Chromia and Prowl feel the pressure to get answers. Bumblebee, meanwhile, applies for a new job-as a bodyguard. But first, he has to impress Elita-1.” The article further states that a “New story begins here! A brand-new era of Transformers!

Transformers News: Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Previews World
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023160)
Posted by leokearon on June 1st, 2019 @ 8:49am CDT
Buy a pack of cards and get a free comic :D
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023162)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 1st, 2019 @ 9:10am CDT
Is that a buck Rodgers starfighter I see in that scenic cover?
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023163)
Posted by sol magnus on June 1st, 2019 @ 10:05am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Is that a buck Rodgers starfighter I see in that scenic cover?

Unmistakably.
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023543)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 5th, 2019 @ 8:19pm CDT
For all you comic fans and Shockwave fans out there, we have some good news! The John Gallagher cover for issue #4 of the new IDW Transformers ongoing has now gone live and is available for order. The Gallagher cover features Shockwave, and comes in 2 different variants. The "Battle Ready" version is the clean version of the cover and features Shockwave ready for combat; this version is limited to 600 pieces. The "Battle Damage" version features a bunch of new flame details along with some pretty significant damage to Shockwave himself; this version is limited to 500 pieces.

For you US residents, you can order these on Comics Mint, and you Canadian readers can get it from Mutant Beaver Comics.

Check them out below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023546)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on June 5th, 2019 @ 8:28pm CDT
That looks AWESOME :shock:

I love his Shockwave pistol I want that thing. If ever they did Shockwave in a Voyager scale this would make way cool box art. Always love Shockwave news - thank you sir!
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023548)
Posted by SgtNateV on June 5th, 2019 @ 8:50pm CDT
Ugh, does this guy do anything that isn't traced?
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023561)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 5th, 2019 @ 11:49pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:That looks AWESOME :shock:

That IS Shockwave in Voyager scale. Yeah, he was sold as a leader due to all the extra crap that came with him, but the figure itself that this rendering is based on is a Voyager sized figure.
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023562)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on June 5th, 2019 @ 11:53pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023600)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 6th, 2019 @ 9:30am CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:Oh for sure I meant if they stripped down all the leader armor and just released him with like a mini Shockwave blaster. I think that would make so many fans happy. I’m fine with the leader class I’m probably of the minority who dig the Doctor Shocktapus look ;)
I see what you mean. Yeah, I wouldn't have minded that either. I wouldn't get it now, since I already bought the 'leader' version, but I guess you can try having the small Shockwave that came with the MP figure and see if that works, or maybe the CW legends one.
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023642)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 6th, 2019 @ 2:01pm CDT
A Bold New Era Continues! Today we bring you a three page preview from #7 of IDWs Transformers reboot! This comes via Apple's Book website (R.I.P. iTunes).

In this small preview we see Bumblebee staring at the sun when Windblade appears...and that's pretty much it. Check out the preview for yourself below, which we have mirrored for your convenience!

Publisher's description of IDW Transformers #7

When another body shows up, Chromia and Prowl feel the pressure to get answers. Bumblebee, meanwhile, applies for a new job—as a bodyguard. But first, he has to impress Elita-1.

What do you think of these events? Are you looking forward to reading this issue? Click here for our take on issue #6 and share your opinions in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023643)
Posted by ScottyP on June 6th, 2019 @ 2:30pm CDT
I-)
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023647)
Posted by ARCTrooperAlpha on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:08pm CDT
Calling it. Rubble is (snip)
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023649)
Posted by sol magnus on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:21pm CDT
Damn, [redacted] hits that hard?
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023651)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:46pm CDT
"A bold new era..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023657)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 6th, 2019 @ 4:17pm CDT
Yeah either Rubble dies or becomes a Decepticon and trades in one of his Bs for an m.
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023664)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on June 6th, 2019 @ 5:02pm CDT
Ouch Scotty :lol: hahaha
I’d love to see Bee in a new toy I’m tellin’ ya.
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023665)
Posted by Skritz on June 6th, 2019 @ 5:54pm CDT
So can we start taking bets this is getting cancelled for being boring and uninteresting? Honestly, I think we're done with TF comics for a while. They had their run. Put 'em to rest for now. >:oP
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023693)
Posted by ricemazter on June 7th, 2019 @ 12:54am CDT
Alright, IDW, you've got me back on board for now; I'm intrigued enough to keep going. But, please, please inject some actual character into your characters.

I know people felt last issue was another regression in pacing, but I was satisfied with it. It was an open and shut issue that told a complete short story, one that actually had a little bit of pathos and some nice character moments.

With this book, I could handle the slowness so much better if the character voices didn't all read the same, and if they actually did things that told us about who they are.

Is Bumblebee excitable, does he get into mischief, does he have any defining character quirks? Just show me something other than him being vaguely sad. If I'm supposed to empathize with him at his lowest, I should at least have been shown, not told, what he was like at his highest.

As another example, take Prowl. He has an organic pet, that's neat. Let's see more of how he interacts emotionally with his surroundings. In the last series, we understood immediately who Prowl was because he flipped tables.

Sorry, rant over.
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2023694)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on June 7th, 2019 @ 12:58am CDT
Dude I don’t think that was a rant at all that was a thoughtful take on it. Well put and not unreasonable at all.
Re: IDW Transformers - New Covers for Issues 7 and 8 (2024051)
Posted by snavej on June 10th, 2019 @ 12:56pm CDT
Bumblebee: about to become Bumblejumper?! :shock:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS SMASHDOWN FIGUER" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDWAVE - Siege War For Cybertron - Transformers Voyager Class 2019 - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY
Buy "Vtg Original Lot Of 9 G1 Transformers GEN1 Jetfire Astrotrain Soundwave Planes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Autobot - Springer - NIB In Hand Ships Fast" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Chromia" on EBAY