IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview

IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview

Sunday, July 28th, 2019 10:42pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 18,464

Just in from iTunes is the three page preview for Transformers #10! Did someone order Six Shot? Six Shot anyone? Surely a phase sixer (or what was formerly known as such in the canon) means some next level destruction is about to take place. Like, one, two...yeah, that's six times the normal destruction. The title is slated to his August 7th, no word yet on if it will also include a bonus pack of the Transformers Trading Card Game.

Enjoy the images and as always share your views with the Seibertron crew in the forums, and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Publisher Description
"Fear spreads through Cybertron, leading more and more citizens into the waiting arms of the Ascenticon movement—making Bumblebee’s new job as part of the Guard much more difficult. Meanwhile, Chromia and Windblade follow-up on a lead, but digging up the dirt will put them face-to-face with a new foe..."
Transformers News: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview

Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032224)
Posted by ScottyP on July 28th, 2019 @ 10:52pm CDT
Sterile lines delivered by dullards walking and talking about the boring plot of this series.

Anyways looking forward to Galaxies with hope that it can salvage this thing.
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032233)
Posted by Stargrave on July 28th, 2019 @ 11:15pm CDT
I was reading it wondering if it would have said more without the dialogue at all. I mean, I try not to be negative but yawn.
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032249)
Posted by serre prime on July 29th, 2019 @ 12:47am CDT
Looks to be another boring issue :(
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032269)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 29th, 2019 @ 4:12am CDT
Is that beast wars Megatron I see marching there? In his pre-beast wars body of course :?
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032330)
Posted by sol magnus on July 29th, 2019 @ 10:39am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032332)
Posted by Black Hat on July 29th, 2019 @ 10:44am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032359)
Posted by Flashwave on July 29th, 2019 @ 11:53am CDT
Black Hat wrote:You know, aside from the general dullness this comic seems to be exuding, I wonder if part of the problem is that the comic is still being used as a toy-selling vehicle to some degree. Like, all the named characters are either based on existing toys or have precious little effort put into their design. I feel like Hasbro/IDW have put the cart before the horse; wouldn't it be better to create the comic fairly independently, and then if it sells well make toys of the characters people want?

Nah, cause half the cast are not tpys or are old toys. Granted, Rubble was made to die, but that Elita One has more in common with her Botcon figure than the one she got LAST YEAR. Sox Shot is not an old release per se, but he's not on shelves, Brainstprm wasnt drawn from eithrr of his two recent figures, and there's Froid.

The problem is entirely due to pacing and editting. Different Characters would still be giving the same lines.

The sad part is I really liked that panel with Megs and Bee, it shows Bee's guilt and either gives Megatron a bit of humanity bore his descent into villiany, or shows an early image of him twisting the knife in Bee's spark, but I suspect the former at play.
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032362)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 29th, 2019 @ 11:57am CDT
That's how it should be but I think hasbro has taken the reigns a lot more and thus we've lost the creative freedom IDW had in 2005
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032434)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 29th, 2019 @ 6:15pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:The solicit for this issue seems to be what actually happened in the last issue.

Yeah, apparently the solicitations for 9 and 10 were swapped, so we are getting this issue what we were promised last issue.

Also, I really want Megatron to be sincere here.
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032442)
Posted by sol magnus on July 29th, 2019 @ 6:32pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Also, I really want Megatron to be sincere here.

Which should mean Sentinel Prime, Starscream and Nautica show up this issue.
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032464)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 29th, 2019 @ 10:01pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032512)
Posted by sol magnus on July 30th, 2019 @ 7:56am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, I hate to say it but I think it's too late for this to pick up the pace with thr arrival of more main/well-known characters. Unless some serious (and interesting) exposition happens in this issue, this thing is dead.

5 guys who comment in this forum isn't the final arbiter of what's "dead" or not.
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032517)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 30th, 2019 @ 8:15am CDT
sol magnus wrote:

This is true, unless they mean dead to them. The fact that several issues other then the first have had to be reprinted shows that it's doing something right for some people. Would be interesting to see sales figures.
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032518)
Posted by sol magnus on July 30th, 2019 @ 8:18am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

While I get people's issues with the floppy format, even bi-weekly, I re-read the entire series in one go, and it comes off much better in that format. My opinion, of course. Your mileage may vary.
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032598)
Posted by steve2275 on July 30th, 2019 @ 9:27pm CDT
i like the art
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032883)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 2nd, 2019 @ 4:40am CDT
sol magnus wrote:

Yeah, I should have been clearer. It's dead to me. Better?
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032897)
Posted by sol magnus on August 2nd, 2019 @ 7:56am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

Yeah, I should have been clearer. It's dead to me. Better?

Much.

In a very slightly related (to the series) note, Hasbro is releasing a Cyberverse Deadlock figure. It would be awesome to have Deadlock play into the Siege era series. Galaxies, maybe?
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032915)
Posted by serre prime on August 2nd, 2019 @ 9:23am CDT
sol magnus wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

Yeah, I should have been clearer. It's dead to me. Better?

Much.

I hope they use deadlock later when we see decepticons,
but let me clarify, i don't hate this new idw comics, it's just not what i want to read (except issue 6, the art was surprising and i loved the megs/optimus friendship situation).
Nonetheless, because i only buy trades lately, i won't but these.
Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2032993)
Posted by Stargrave on August 2nd, 2019 @ 5:45pm CDT
Thanks to a head's up from IDW's Twitter we've learned that PiexelatedGeek.com has a brief interview with IDW's Transformers Galaxies writer Tyler Bleszinski. This is broken into both a written portion excerpted below along with a supplemental five minute interview with Mr. Bleszinski.
In the video portion Tyler touches on how this story will take place recently after the Constructicons have been forged and follows them as they make choices that will shape their darker destiny. He doesn't want to spoil how Devastator comes into play, but states this will be a character quite unlike the Devastator we saw way back in the old G1 cartoon. Enjoy the interview below and click on the embedded video for a few extra cool tidbits from Tyler on the origins of his interest in the characters and the Transformers brand as a whole

Don't forget to share your thoughts in the forums and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

"This September we’ll be getting a brand new anthology series from IDW – Transformers: Galaxies. The first four-part story will focus on the original combiner team, the Constructicons.
At this year’s San Diego Comic-Con we had a chance to sit down with writer Tyler Bleszinski to talk about why he wanted to write this story, why the Transformers, and specifically the Constructicons, are so important to him, and what we can expect from the series"

"After we turned off the cameras we talked with Tyler a little more; I always like the little conversations you have with people after the recording’s over, everybody’s more relaxed when they don’t have a camera in their face. Lucky for me, the backup recording was still going, so I caught a little of the conversation."

"Tyler: There’s so much to learn from seeing them in action, seeing them do what they do, even if it’s just as much as them building something. To me, that was the was the coolest thing about the Constructions. I always thought, man, they’re like these builder bots, they should really be Autobots. How did they become Decepticons? And then the cartoon…I don’t know if you followed the cartoon..
Elizabeth: It was the one with Omega Supreme, right?
Yes, the cartoon basically swept it away because Megatron had a Robosmasher that brainwashed them. I mean…really?
It takes it away from them.
There’s no choice! As much as I loved that episode because the Constructicons are featured so prominently, I always hated that aspect of it, that they didn’t make a choice to do what they did, they were forced into it. And while there’s there’s an aspect of them being forced into certain things here too, it’s choices that they make to bring them there."

"The thing I loved about the old IDW series was when they showed how Megatron became Megatron. In the cartoon the Decepticons were bad bad bad, evil evil evil, the Autobots heroic, awesome, incredible, The Best. And when I read the IDW series that featured Megatron being a miner, and then wising up to rebel against the bourgeois Autobot senate, I was like “Damn, finally somebody gets it, there should be layers here! Like Walter White or Tony Soprano, that should be Megatron!” Not like, cookie cutter villain."

Re: IDW Transformers Number 10 iTunes Preview (2033008)
Posted by TulioDude on August 2nd, 2019 @ 11:04pm CDT
A Contructicon focused history sounds cool.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Generations Selects TT-GS08 Tentakil MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects RICOCHET Deluxe Class Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Star Convoy Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 3 Atomic Freeze  Wizengreen FunGus Grumpy Clumpy Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Lot Transformers Rescue Bots Blades, Heatwave, And Blurr Plus Race Car" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME (BUMBLEBEE)  ENERGON ARMOR - CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers CYBERVERSE Autobot Lot! OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, RACK N RUIN++" on EBAY