IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview

Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 2:02am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 22,543

This week's release from IDW Publishing sees the continuation of the parallel adventures of the cast of both Transformers Robots in Disguise and Transformers: Prime, as Bumblebee finds himself between the two teams. Come back on Wednesday for the Seibertron.com review!

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Animated #3
Georgia Ball (w) • Priscilla Tramontano (a & c)
BUMBLEBEE’s investigation of a mysterious DECEPTICON’s past uncovers a new lead… but unraveling this mystery may not reveal the answer he wants to hear.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Based on the hit Cartoon Network television series!
All-ages Transformers adventures!
Featuring fan-favorite TRANSFORMERS PRIME characters ULTRA MAGNUS, ARCEE, and BULKHEAD you’ll only see here!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview

Credit(s): IDW

Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1731874)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 6th, 2015 @ 8:34am CDT
Poor Sideswipe. And another Buffaloid! :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1731881)
Posted by psj333 on October 6th, 2015 @ 9:23am CDT
Upon viewing the RID2015 #3 of the comic book online, I've recently noticed that Steeljaw has just recently formed his own army by recruiting Springload, Bisk, and along many others, which leads me to believe that it is expected that the captured Decepticons would soon escape once again and join Steeljaw's group in order for him to form a powerful Decepticon army in Season 2, as shown in the comics. But what is really interesting to me is that there is another female Decepticon in the comic under the name, Overhead, which I don't know if she is really Terrashock's girlfriend or a direct relative of his. What I do already know is that Overhead is identical to that of Terrashock, only pink instead of orange. I do have a strong feeling that Overhead will likely appear in Season 2, have Terrashock released, and finally get revenge on the Autobots for what they had done to him. Do you really think that 3rd issue of this comic book will be most closely related to what will happen in Season 2? Ever since that the Cons were already and before prisoners, they were not organized, but I do believe that in Season 2, they definitely will be, thanks to Steeljaw and Kickback. :CON:
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1731882)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 6th, 2015 @ 9:28am CDT
From what this preview has, I'm more inclined to say they simply share a body type, like Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen, not any others sort of thing. Fixit even says they are buffaloids, a specific body style :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1731978)
Posted by Flashwave on October 6th, 2015 @ 3:29pm CDT
Wait. This dropped last week. I read it! Why are we getting the preview, or did Comixology goof?
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735799)
Posted by Va'al on October 21st, 2015 @ 7:27pm CDT
Directly from the blog of Georgia Ball, the current writer for IDW Publishing's Transformers: Robots in Disguise (the cartoon tie-in of sorts) we have some sad news for the series, which has been confirmed as ending with issue #6 in December 2015. You can find out more about the decision and motivation behind this here, and snippets below.

I’ve been waiting for this question to come along so I can answer - Yes, we were not given the green light to continue the comic past six issues. I’m turning in the script for #6 tomorrow and it will be the last issue in the regular series.

There are a lot of factors that went into this:

1. Almost all comics are pitched in short sets even if they are solicited as ongoing.

[...]

2. Comics are sold to retailers, not fans.

[...]

3. It was not digital-first.

[...]

All of that said, the reviews were good and the fan response couldn’t have made me happier. Priscilla did a brilliant job and made everything easy. Hasbro LOVED this book and it’s possible more of it could come out in the future but I can’t give out any details! Thank you all so much for posting about the comic, sending me questions and letting me get to know you.
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735810)
Posted by MrBlack on October 21st, 2015 @ 8:15pm CDT
Well, that's disappointing. I was enjoying this comic.
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735812)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 21st, 2015 @ 8:20pm CDT
Well that's a bummer.
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735815)
Posted by misfire19d on October 21st, 2015 @ 8:23pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735820)
Posted by Break on October 21st, 2015 @ 8:47pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735856)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on October 21st, 2015 @ 9:24pm CDT
I think this goes along with the number of episodes of RID being cut short. RID isn't selling toys. The cartoon isn't going to be on the air much longer. Why continue with a property that is clearly dying, when more energy can be put towards properties that will last a bit longer?
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735867)
Posted by Starsaber468 on October 21st, 2015 @ 9:42pm CDT
I enjoy the RID toyline actually because its fun for me to customize my RID figures to make them more accurate the most heavily customized one is My RID warrior class optimus prime
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735869)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 21st, 2015 @ 9:43pm CDT
This is a real shame. I was enjoying this too :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735876)
Posted by Starsaber468 on October 21st, 2015 @ 9:48pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:This is a real shame. I was enjoying this too :BOT:

I did too :/ sad that its ending but I guess I could save some money but oh well I like RID just if it hadn't been somany repaints it probably would of been a lot popular but i can understadn that the repaints & the cw repaints were for the RID decepticons/etc and the Titan's Returns Figures
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735954)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 22nd, 2015 @ 3:01am CDT
Break wrote:I think the problem the comic had is that the toyline sucks. I regularly go to Wal-Mart and Meijer to check for Combiner Wars, and rarely ever see a limb stick around, but boy do I see fully stocked RID stuff.

Am no fan of RiD but I see lots of CW Drag Strip always clogging up the shelves as well as at least one of the Aerialbots (I forget which). And if we count torsos then Silverbolt is always available too.
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1735959)
Posted by Hans on October 22nd, 2015 @ 3:36am CDT
misfire19d wrote:And yet transformers vs G.I. Joe continues to torment me. I'm living in a world I don't understand.

Well... I would like to point out that this (monthly) series was also missing from the most recent solicitations. We only saw former-RiD, MtMtE and Wreckers. It might just mean that they're skipping a month with the Joe book, but the ending of current-RiD was also unannounced, so... Who knows?
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1736153)
Posted by o.supreme on October 22nd, 2015 @ 4:37pm CDT
The current TF vs. GI Joe was developed solely for the fandom, even though I think it is pretty pointless as well, it continues... However with RID

We pretty much saw this coming from the day the Animated series was set to be on CN rather than The HUB - CN, for some reason, hates action cartoons now. All their shows are dumbass flash animated comedies solicited to children with ADD. If it is an action show, it better darn well sell a TON of toys. Apparently RiD isn't hitting the mark. First season 2 is cut from 26 to 19 episodes, now this. It sucks, but we can't say we didn't see this coming.

Well at least fans of IDW's Transformers self-titled Comic can *maybe* rejoice, probably about this time next year, IDW can get the RiD subtitle back on that book, since RiD (2015) will be RIP.
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1736161)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 22nd, 2015 @ 4:57pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:First season 2 is cut from 26 to 19 episodes,
That is not confirmed. All we know from that number is that that's how many episodes have been produced so far, not necessarily the final number.
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1739931)
Posted by Va'al on November 8th, 2015 @ 4:38am CST
As Newsarama posts its usual early preview, so can we run through the limits, and bring you the preview for next week's IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #4! Read on below as team Bumblebee and the cast from Transformers: Prime try reconciling differences, and head back here for a review next week.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Animated #4
Georgia Ball (w) • Priscilla Tramontano (a & c)
THE ANSWERS! BUMBLEBEE's search for the truth about the rival AUTOBOT TEAM on Earth leads TEAM BEE to a thief with deep connections… but knowing the truth may be worse than getting lied to.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
The end of the first dramatic story arc!
What are the heroes from TRANSFORMERS PRIME doing on Earth?

Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1739938)
Posted by psj333 on November 8th, 2015 @ 7:06am CST
Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #3 Full Preview (1739939)
Posted by Va'al on November 8th, 2015 @ 7:25am CST
psj333 wrote:In the forth issue of RID comics, two brand new characters are introduced as Skullcruncher and Razorgrille. Are they really Dinobots like Grimlock? Do they have vehicle modes that Grimlock doesn`t have? If so, what do they transform into? :CON:

Just buy the comic and read it next week. :)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G.I. Joe Sky Striker Starscream Cobra Commander 2011 SDCC Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY