IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016

IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016

Monday, June 6th, 2016 11:50am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,630

We were expecting the last issue of IDW Publishing's Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers - from the mind and hands of Nick Roche with Josh Burcham - to hit some point in May. That was, obviously, not the case, so we did some investigating with the publisher, and now have a confirmation that issue #5 will be released on June 22nd! Refresh your mind on the issue below, and join the conversation in the Energon Pub here.

THIS IS THE END! Will PROWL get his comeuppance? Will TARANTULAS conquer all? Will any of the WRECKERS survive? It’s wreck and rule one last time, with everything on the line!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016

Page 1 lineart from Nick Roche.

Credit(s): IDW, Nick Roche

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 7th, 2016 5:46am CDT

Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1795311)
Posted by Big Grim on June 6th, 2016 @ 11:52am CDT
Man, I frickin' LOVE this design fer Tarantulas!
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1795346)
Posted by Mr Skram on June 6th, 2016 @ 2:42pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:Man, I frickin' LOVE this design fer Tarantulas!

Me too. It's why I found a Transmetal Tarantulas on ebay. It's the closest thing to it.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1795400)
Posted by Randomhero on June 6th, 2016 @ 7:34pm CDT
Mr Skram wrote:
Big Grim wrote:Man, I frickin' LOVE this design fer Tarantulas!

Same. Ttransmetal Tarantulas was my first beast wars toy and still my favorite. i managed to get a complete one for pennies and its great to have him with my Classics figures next to combiner Wars Prowl.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1795457)
Posted by Big Grim on June 7th, 2016 @ 6:33am CDT
Pretty sure I still have my transmetal Tarnatulas somewhere!
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1795776)
Posted by Va'al on June 8th, 2016 @ 8:27am CDT
The Nick Roche train keeps steaming ahead as we wait for the final issue to his later this month, and we find out more or less what will be included in the collected edition of the mini-series. Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB - solicited for this August - will include no new stories as Last Stand did, but will have plenty of extras alongside the five issues. Check out more info below, and join in the conversation on the Seibertron.com discussion boards!

Working on the backmatter for the Sins Of The Wreckers Trade. No new stories, we're busier than we were six years ago, but loads of unseen art, character designs, process notes, excerpts from the original outline and trivia. Sound alright?

Is there anything that you DON'T want as Wrextras in the trade? What annoys you in backmatter terms? What DO you like?

Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1795782)
Posted by reVelske on June 8th, 2016 @ 8:54am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1795796)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 8th, 2016 @ 9:25am CDT
reVelske wrote:What do I like? I'd like you to bring back my beloved Roadbuster you murderous poopooheads!

They're just paving the way for him to become a titanmaster, that's all :lol:
but really, I like Twintwist and Topspin and am not happy they died too, same with Stakeout. I really like them :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1795802)
Posted by reVelske on June 8th, 2016 @ 9:46am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:They're just paving the way for him to become a titanmaster, that's all :lol:

Same, there are so few remaining original Wreckers left to give them authentic Wreckers feel, and I've always been terrified that Whirl or Roadbuster die before the other did, because them apart with no chance of reunion strikes me as intensely wrong.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1795805)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 8th, 2016 @ 9:49am CDT
reVelske wrote:

I agree with this. But the strange thing about IDW is that they've barely been seen together at all. and it was Roadbuster that removed Whirl from the wreckers to begin with. But I am hoping they don't kill Whirl either (yeah, he's in another story, but still the threat of death is very evident) :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1795819)
Posted by Brakethrough on June 8th, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
I wonder if Roadbuster's death will be used in some way for a Whirl-centric story in the future?
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1797087)
Posted by Va'al on June 12th, 2016 @ 7:08am CDT
We're getting closer the publication date for the last issue of Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers, and iTunes provides the second first look at the opening pages for #5 - check them out below, and head back here next week for the probable full preview!

Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1797149)
Posted by LE0KING on June 12th, 2016 @ 1:14pm CDT
So this is still going on huh? >:oP
I kinda thought they cancelled it due to the fact that it stunk so bad.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1797234)
Posted by RevTibe on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:28pm CDT
LE0KING wrote:So this is still going on huh? >:oP
I kinda thought they cancelled it due to the fact that it stunk so bad.
:P Wrong on both counts, mate.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1797238)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:36pm CDT
Roche was having some personal things he needed to attend to, so the schedule was really messed up. but IDW was really good with him and still let the whole thing happen. And I'm glad we're finally getting the conclusion. I've been enjoying the series :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1797308)
Posted by LE0KING on June 13th, 2016 @ 1:07am CDT
RevTibe wrote:
LE0KING wrote:So this is still going on huh? >:oP
I kinda thought they cancelled it due to the fact that it stunk so bad.
:P Wrong on both counts, mate.

Yeah, I know most don't share my opinions on this series. And personally I hate it when people just get on here to complain, but I still gotta say; this comic is just disappointing.
I feel like he dumbed down everyone's personality, making them all the same: snarky, sarcastic, angry, and homicidal.
The dialog doesn't flow because no one is building off of what anyone else is saying. It's like they're having a conversation but don't know what the topic is. It's just sarcastic one-liner after sarcastic one-liner.
He just doesn't do the dialog well. There was a whole scene between carnavac and impactor where he explained their motives and I still have no idea why they are on earth or what they want.
Not to mention I hate when he has them start to say something only for them to stop and start the sentence over. I know why he does this but it's annoying.

The art is good though, and some of the basic concepts are cool. It just boils down to not liking the way he makes the characters interact with each other.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to become a rant.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1797512)
Posted by CaptainMagic on June 13th, 2016 @ 8:59pm CDT
LE0KING wrote:
RevTibe wrote:
LE0KING wrote:So this is still going on huh? >:oP
I kinda thought they cancelled it due to the fact that it stunk so bad.
:P Wrong on both counts, mate.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to become a rant.

I kind of agree, actually. I don't dislike this series that much, but it isn't the most satisfying story I've ever read. Roche could definitely salvage the story for me right here at the end, but it seems like there's a lot of ground left to cover to wrap everything up in a satisfying way and this would have to be an amazing last issue. And I agree that the dialogue has fallen flat at times.

It's funny how problems in various media tend to show up in groups. I usually notice it with movies, but I'm definitely seeing trends in all of the Transformers comics right now in terms of dialogue seeming wonky, characters not feeling consistent, and lackluster endings to arcs. It just seems baffling when I stop to consider how many people are involved in making these things that they all struggle with the same things. Obviously, I can't demand a perfect product every time, but it seems like there should be a wider range of mistakes to make.

Still, this series has taken Tarantulas and made him an even more uncomfortable, creepy character for me, and I can always be grateful to it for that. ;)
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1800298)
Posted by Va'al on June 24th, 2016 @ 5:03pm CDT
The first final chapter coming from IDW Publishing this week is for the second Wreckers mini-series: find below the full preview of Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 (because Newsarama), delayed yet again but finally here, by the mind and hands of Nick Roche and Josh Burcham. Of course, we will have a review ready for you on release day, so head back to Seibertron.com then!

Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 (of 5)
Nick Roche (w & a & c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Variant cover by Guido Guidi!

Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1800386)
Posted by Randomhero on June 24th, 2016 @ 8:55pm CDT
Dear IDW,

Please give EJ more work. He deserves it.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1800391)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 24th, 2016 @ 9:38pm CDT
You know it's a pity that the follow up to lsotw just hasn't matched the first book. Personally I think the choice of villains as beast wars villains was a bad choice. Overlord and a plethora of cons in the first was always going to be hard to top but I feel the beasts are so out of place it's distracting.

I would have went nearly an Armada route, hot shot in with flame throwers keep tidal wave and have sideways be the villain.

The presence of arcee bothers me. It seems in all idw books a fembot is crammed in and down the throat of the reader. Could have really done without her because other than Michael bay nobody is killing a fembot engaged in a war zone.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 To Be Released on June 22nd, 2016 (1800448)
Posted by BumbleDouche on June 24th, 2016 @ 11:34pm CDT
Good to see EJ Su back, if only for a cover. Now if we could just get rid of Ramondelli.... Yep, I went there again.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer 2016 & Snowplow 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Rescue Rig Boat Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-In" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Power Charge Bumblebee VOLKSWAGEN VW BUG" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects - SDCC Exclusive Transformers 8" Dead Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Bumblebee Ironhide Skidz And More" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock New Factory Sealed" on EBAY