IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras

IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras

Wednesday, June 8th, 2016 8:28am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 15,672

The Nick Roche train keeps steaming ahead as we wait for the final issue to his later this month, and we find out more or less what will be included in the collected edition of the mini-series. Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB - solicited for this August - will include no new stories as Last Stand did, but will have plenty of extras alongside the five issues. Check out more info below, and join in the conversation on the Seibertron.com discussion boards!

Working on the backmatter for the Sins Of The Wreckers Trade. No new stories, we're busier than we were six years ago, but loads of unseen art, character designs, process notes, excerpts from the original outline and trivia. Sound alright?

Is there anything that you DON'T want as Wrextras in the trade? What annoys you in backmatter terms? What DO you like?

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras

Credit(s): Nick 'Bad Man' Roche

Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1795782)
Posted by reVelske on June 8th, 2016 @ 8:54am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1795796)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 8th, 2016 @ 9:25am CDT
reVelske wrote:What do I like? I'd like you to bring back my beloved Roadbuster you murderous poopooheads!

They're just paving the way for him to become a titanmaster, that's all :lol:
but really, I like Twintwist and Topspin and am not happy they died too, same with Stakeout. I really like them :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1795802)
Posted by reVelske on June 8th, 2016 @ 9:46am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:They're just paving the way for him to become a titanmaster, that's all :lol:

Same, there are so few remaining original Wreckers left to give them authentic Wreckers feel, and I've always been terrified that Whirl or Roadbuster die before the other did, because them apart with no chance of reunion strikes me as intensely wrong.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1795805)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 8th, 2016 @ 9:49am CDT
reVelske wrote:

I agree with this. But the strange thing about IDW is that they've barely been seen together at all. and it was Roadbuster that removed Whirl from the wreckers to begin with. But I am hoping they don't kill Whirl either (yeah, he's in another story, but still the threat of death is very evident) :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1795819)
Posted by Brakethrough on June 8th, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
I wonder if Roadbuster's death will be used in some way for a Whirl-centric story in the future?
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1797087)
Posted by Va'al on June 12th, 2016 @ 7:08am CDT
We're getting closer the publication date for the last issue of Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers, and iTunes provides the second first look at the opening pages for #5 - check them out below, and head back here next week for the probable full preview!

THIS IS THE END! Will PROWL get his comeuppance? Will TARANTULAS conquer all? Will any of the WRECKERS survive? It’s wreck and rule one last time, with everything on the line!

Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1797149)
Posted by LE0KING on June 12th, 2016 @ 1:14pm CDT
So this is still going on huh? >:oP
I kinda thought they cancelled it due to the fact that it stunk so bad.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1797234)
Posted by RevTibe on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:28pm CDT
LE0KING wrote:So this is still going on huh? >:oP
I kinda thought they cancelled it due to the fact that it stunk so bad.
:P Wrong on both counts, mate.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1797238)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:36pm CDT
Roche was having some personal things he needed to attend to, so the schedule was really messed up. but IDW was really good with him and still let the whole thing happen. And I'm glad we're finally getting the conclusion. I've been enjoying the series :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1797308)
Posted by LE0KING on June 13th, 2016 @ 1:07am CDT
RevTibe wrote:
LE0KING wrote:So this is still going on huh? >:oP
I kinda thought they cancelled it due to the fact that it stunk so bad.
:P Wrong on both counts, mate.

Yeah, I know most don't share my opinions on this series. And personally I hate it when people just get on here to complain, but I still gotta say; this comic is just disappointing.
I feel like he dumbed down everyone's personality, making them all the same: snarky, sarcastic, angry, and homicidal.
The dialog doesn't flow because no one is building off of what anyone else is saying. It's like they're having a conversation but don't know what the topic is. It's just sarcastic one-liner after sarcastic one-liner.
He just doesn't do the dialog well. There was a whole scene between carnavac and impactor where he explained their motives and I still have no idea why they are on earth or what they want.
Not to mention I hate when he has them start to say something only for them to stop and start the sentence over. I know why he does this but it's annoying.

The art is good though, and some of the basic concepts are cool. It just boils down to not liking the way he makes the characters interact with each other.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to become a rant.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1797512)
Posted by CaptainMagic on June 13th, 2016 @ 8:59pm CDT
LE0KING wrote:
RevTibe wrote:
LE0KING wrote:So this is still going on huh? >:oP
I kinda thought they cancelled it due to the fact that it stunk so bad.
:P Wrong on both counts, mate.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to become a rant.

I kind of agree, actually. I don't dislike this series that much, but it isn't the most satisfying story I've ever read. Roche could definitely salvage the story for me right here at the end, but it seems like there's a lot of ground left to cover to wrap everything up in a satisfying way and this would have to be an amazing last issue. And I agree that the dialogue has fallen flat at times.

It's funny how problems in various media tend to show up in groups. I usually notice it with movies, but I'm definitely seeing trends in all of the Transformers comics right now in terms of dialogue seeming wonky, characters not feeling consistent, and lackluster endings to arcs. It just seems baffling when I stop to consider how many people are involved in making these things that they all struggle with the same things. Obviously, I can't demand a perfect product every time, but it seems like there should be a wider range of mistakes to make.

Still, this series has taken Tarantulas and made him an even more uncomfortable, creepy character for me, and I can always be grateful to it for that. ;)
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1800298)
Posted by Va'al on June 24th, 2016 @ 5:03pm CDT
The first final chapter coming from IDW Publishing this week is for the second Wreckers mini-series: find below the full preview of Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 (because Newsarama), delayed yet again but finally here, by the mind and hands of Nick Roche and Josh Burcham. Of course, we will have a review ready for you on release day, so head back to Seibertron.com then!

Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #5 (of 5)
Nick Roche (w & a & c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Variant cover by Guido Guidi!

Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1800386)
Posted by Randomhero on June 24th, 2016 @ 8:55pm CDT
Dear IDW,

Please give EJ more work. He deserves it.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1800391)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 24th, 2016 @ 9:38pm CDT
You know it's a pity that the follow up to lsotw just hasn't matched the first book. Personally I think the choice of villains as beast wars villains was a bad choice. Overlord and a plethora of cons in the first was always going to be hard to top but I feel the beasts are so out of place it's distracting.

I would have went nearly an Armada route, hot shot in with flame throwers keep tidal wave and have sideways be the villain.

The presence of arcee bothers me. It seems in all idw books a fembot is crammed in and down the throat of the reader. Could have really done without her because other than Michael bay nobody is killing a fembot engaged in a war zone.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1800448)
Posted by BumbleDouche on June 24th, 2016 @ 11:34pm CDT
Good to see EJ Su back, if only for a cover. Now if we could just get rid of Ramondelli.... Yep, I went there again.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1800471)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 25th, 2016 @ 2:46am CDT

Also Sideways would only really work if Unicron was involved, and IDW are holding back on him.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1800495)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 25th, 2016 @ 7:26am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Prowl4@ Arcee is a strong fighter who can hold her own against Galvatron, if their was someone I wanted in a battlezone then it would be her.

Holding her own was complete nonsense against galvatron. A writer with courage would have gravely injured or killed her. Galvatron would wipe the floor with her.

Sideways doesn't need to exist with Unicron.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1800516)
Posted by RevTibe on June 25th, 2016 @ 10:12am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:The presence of arcee bothers me. It seems in all idw books a fembot is crammed in and down the throat of the reader.
Can't you see how ridiculous that statement is? If one female TF is being "crammed down your throat", you must be absolutely choking on the male TFs.

Arcee's inclusion is based on her past history with Prowl, the pre-Dark Cybertron Robots In Disguise story. Fitting, since much of SotW is focusing on Prowl's actions/legacy, much of the cast is a mix of Prowl's agents, dupes, and partners.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1800558)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 25th, 2016 @ 1:55pm CDT
RevTibe wrote:

Nah I like the male bots seeing as how they're all different and written with personalities. All of the fembots are the same. There's not one book without them.

Arcee is clearly being used to cram a fembot in. Look at the joke of rid that had her as earth autobot leader that was an utter farce.
Re: IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers TPB Preliminary Extras (1800596)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 25th, 2016 @ 5:01pm CDT
You can not be serious. Compare windblade to Nautica, and then Nautica to Arcee, heck look at Nickel! She's the mother hen to the djd! Have you also considered that Arcee is powerful because of her back story? Jihaxus does like messing a lot.

And Sideways has really only ever existed with unicron, especially if you want to go armada themed. The only sideways I can think of that isn't connected was in Revenge of the Fallen, and I can't remember much about him at all given his lack of screen time.

Sideways in Armada was great as he was trying to screw over both the bots and the cons for his true master. Cut him off from ole big horns, and you got doubledealer or a less interesting version of counterpunch.

Speaking of which, where's counterpunch IDW? I'd love to see your take on him.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Grimlock Turbo Changer (2016) Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Jetfire Hasbro War for Cybertron Commander Class WFC S28 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege WFC-S63 Soundblaster 35th Anniversary NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Autobot Bulkhead NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR. 2015 NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Blizzard Strike Slipstream Figure" on EBAY