IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details

IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details

Monday, April 18th, 2016 9:44am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 22,888

Despite the first issue not being even close to release yet, Comicosity has received an exclusive look from IDW at the upcoming Till All Are One issue 2 covers - including the ROM Spaceknight variant - just before the new solicitations are to hit (expect them within 48 hours of this news post). Check out below where the series intends to go!

Transformers: Till All Are One #2
Mairghread Scott (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a & c)
PANIC ON THE STREETS OF CYBERTRON! As STARSCREAM’S secret police continue on their rampage, IRONHIDE is caught between the BADGLESS and a population looking for retribution!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Till All Are One #2—ROM Variant
Mairghread Scott (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:

• CYBERTRON takes center stage—can STARSCREAM hold on while power slips through his fingers?
• Fan favorite character WINDBLADE tries to keep the peace!
• Part of IDW’s month-long variant cover program, celebrating the return of ROM!
• Variant cover by Carlos Valenzuela!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Cover and Details

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Cover and Details

Credit(s): Comicosity

This article was last modified on Monday, April 18th, 2016 2:34pm CDT

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782300)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 18th, 2016 @ 10:00am CDT
Yay for Ironhide taking center stage! :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782301)
Posted by Railbomb on April 18th, 2016 @ 10:01am CDT
Do we even have a date for the first issue yet? I can't recall getting one...
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782307)
Posted by Randomhero on April 18th, 2016 @ 10:37am CDT
Railbomb wrote:Do we even have a date for the first issue yet? I can't recall getting one...

It was part of the June Solicits
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782308)
Posted by Genericon #378 on April 18th, 2016 @ 10:39am CDT
Windblade? Fan favourite? :lol:
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782331)
Posted by Deadput on April 18th, 2016 @ 11:44am CDT
Genericon #378 wrote:Windblade? Fan favourite? :lol:

Just because a few dozen people loudly state their dislike for a character doesn't mean their not popular as a whole Bumblebee is one such example.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782341)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 18th, 2016 @ 12:17pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782344)
Posted by Deadput on April 18th, 2016 @ 12:33pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:I like windblade. I dont think she is always written well, but I can say that for lots of characters.

Written well and Transformers?

For stories maybe but many characters are underdeveloped or are just personality quirks and tropes personified to fill in the story that needs to be told.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782346)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 18th, 2016 @ 12:46pm CDT
Deadput wrote:just personality quirks and tropes personified

in the end, arent we all?
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782357)
Posted by Deadput on April 18th, 2016 @ 1:27pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Deadput wrote:just personality quirks and tropes personified

in the end, arent we all?

Yes I see what you mean just a consequence of poorly speaking my mind it's a brain to mouth thing but what I mean is when they feel less like a character and more of a role or a part of a play.

Transformers as a whole does have some great characters such as Armada Starscream but most of the time there are characters who just seem to be there just for being there or just for selling toys (Yes I know it's a toy company but I mean the really cheap and cheesy moments)
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782361)
Posted by Randomhero on April 18th, 2016 @ 1:37pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Deadput wrote:just personality quirks and tropes personified

in the end, arent we all?

I personally don't think she's written well. Her and Chromia both have been around for 2 years in the comics and neither have much character. Nautica has had fewer appearances and she oozing with character and yes, that's because of James Roberts who's strongest writing ability is giving characters unique personalities. I'd even argue Aileron has more personality than Windblade, a character who has had 2 miniseries about her and all we get from those is "I don't like starscream"
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782363)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 18th, 2016 @ 1:43pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Deadput wrote:just personality quirks and tropes personified

in the end, arent we all?

Yeah I was just messing, but seriously though. You bring up a great example in armada starscream. I mean yes. He is a great character, but he also just has a role to fill. Relatively speaking, he's a far better character than say, Huffer, but he still fills a role in the show, one which we've seen in other movies/ shows and in classic Japanese cinema too. Its still "to sell toys". Starscream was just a better nuanced character. Not arguing with you, I see your point and agree. There are just many shades (50?) to that thought.

Relatively, any nuanced character can be boiled down to basic elements. And basic elements can be expanded into nuanced characters. Which, incidentally, is what I think IDW has done a great job doing.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782371)
Posted by Va'al on April 18th, 2016 @ 1:49pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Deadput wrote:just personality quirks and tropes personified

in the end, arent we all?

I disagree on that: she's an ambassador, a (relative) pacifist, a diplomat, skilled in battle, clearly caring and trying to understand the multiple cultures and individuals she's encountered so far. The second Windblade series was not really about her at all, as it was slid into Combiner Wars, and fell as the page number shrunk.

So while, yes, there are some flaws in the execution, as I noted at the time in reviews, too, I don't think she's the one that takes the most of the brunt.

But she definitely does not like Starscream. :-P
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782378)
Posted by YoungPrime on April 18th, 2016 @ 2:09pm CDT
Genericon #378 wrote:Windblade? Fan favourite? :lol:

Yeah, I know right...

She has not lived up to the Hasbro Hype but that might have more to do with Mairghread Scott's mediocre story telling thus far.

A couple months will tell if she's finally stepped her game up.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782404)
Posted by Deadput on April 18th, 2016 @ 2:54pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:

A couple months will tell if she's finally stepped her game up.

What hype?

At least she is treated with better respect then some characters lately.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782414)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 18th, 2016 @ 3:08pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:

A couple months will tell if she's finally stepped her game up.

What hype?

At least she is treated with better respect then some characters lately.

Out of curiosity, who are you referring to?
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782420)
Posted by Deadput on April 18th, 2016 @ 3:31pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Out of curiosity, who are you referring to?

Windblade?

No clearly I was talking about Chromia which is why I quoted those posts about Windblade to talk about a completely different character.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782421)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 18th, 2016 @ 3:37pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782424)
Posted by Deadput on April 18th, 2016 @ 3:44pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Man, I don't want starscream to be overthrown. I like the Idea that the biggest shitbag in transformers is the special by way of the chosen one. I like to imagine IDW starscream at this point is Like Gaius from battlestar, who was also a spectacular asshole, and the chosen one.

It's refreshing since it's something outside of the usual "The war is over and the Autobots rule it and is peaceful with no conflict because everyone knows that only Decepticons are bad guys"

Heck I like that a chosen one is somebody not a Prime or an Autobot kid-appeal character.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782427)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 18th, 2016 @ 3:57pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Out of curiosity, who are you referring to?

Windblade?

Okay, there's no need for the attitude, especially when you worded it the way you did. You said "some characters" which makes it sound like there was more than one character you were having problems with.

Anyways, changing back to the topic at hand.

I want starscream to be overthrown while he falls from grace in a decent of madness, knowing that while he got where he was, it was also his own mistakes that undid him, his ego blinding him as he stepped off the precipice into oblivion.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #2 Covers and Details (1782433)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 18th, 2016 @ 4:03pm CDT
I more look forward to how this whole Bumblebee as Starscream's ghostly sidekick will turn out :MAXIMAL:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM Mechtech Voyager Class Shockwave Action Figure 2011 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RAMJET - G2-Botcon Club 2011 -USA generation 2 redux seeker" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers DOTM Deluxe Class Autobot Sideswipe Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY