IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview

IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview

Saturday, September 17th, 2016 12:58pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 27,553

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Newsarama has updated with the full preview for Transformers: Till All Are One, which is to be released next Wednesday. Check out the full preview below, featuring Bruticus, and check back here on Wednesday for the review!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview

Credit(s): Newsarama


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1825865)
Posted by steve2275 on September 17th, 2016 @ 11:15pm CDT
alright
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1825878)
Posted by Samsonator on September 18th, 2016 @ 1:33am CDT
Air Hammer!
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1826078)
Posted by Big Grim on September 19th, 2016 @ 4:54am CDT
Cannot wait! This looks aces!
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1826961)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 21st, 2016 @ 11:59am CDT
Attack on Titan
A Seibertron.com Semi-Spoilerish Review of Transformers: Till All Are One #4


Synopsis

SWINDLE LIVES! And ONSLAUGHT knows the perfect way to unlock the secrets in his head. As the COMBATICONS rampage through Iacon, can IRONHIDE and his newly formed police force stop them before they annihilate STARSCREAM—and anyone else who gets in their way?


Image
Placed for Reference


Story

As we come to the end of the first story arch for Till All Are One, all the cow patties hit the fan. We have a Bruticus, we have an Ironhide-led police force, and we have an Air Hammer. And overall, things mesh together pretty well. The highlight of the story has to be the war within Bruticus' mind though. Save for Combiner Wars issue 5 with Optimus Maximus, we really haven't got any sort of look inside the mind of the combiner where the individuals are concerned. This issue decides to take a look into that and make it the major story plot, as the minds are meshed and the combaticons share minds. It is very well executed too, with a legitimately justice-seeking Blastoff trying to quell the violence of Vortex and the vengeance of Onslaught.

Image
A True War of Conscience


The rest of the story outside of Bruticus though feels a bit clunky still. The one major complaint I would have about this first arch would be that it was a bit rushed. It felt like it would have worked better in a 5-issue arch instead of a 4-issue arch. Things felt a bit too rushed at points when they really could have been drawn out a bit to make it more meaningful, such as Ironhide's police force versus Bruticus. When Prowlastator was formed back in Season 1 of then Robots in Disguise, he was formed one issue, and then spend the next 2 issues formed and in battle. In this case, Bruticus was formed in the first panel and his part of the story, for now at least, is done by the end of the comic. I feel it could have been a bit more drawn out and better paced, but that's hardly a severe damper compared to Bruticus' mind-meld.

Image
Didn't know Bruticus knew our Forum Admin


Art

Art work is once again done by Sara Pitre-Durocher, and it is a marvelous job of art indeed. It's one thing to actually manage to write about the internal brain struggles of 5 guys fused together; it's a whole other thing entirely to try to draw, and Sara does a marvelous job of drawing the scenes. She also does a great job with Bruticus' design, managing to mesh together his combiner wars toy while also maintaining the characters designs, especially with Swindle. The action and explosions are well done as well, and she manages to draw a combiner de-combining properly. A great job overall.

Image
To the left! Take it back now Y'all


Colors fall once more to Joana Lafuente, and she compliments the neural landscape of Bruticus' mind with Pitre-Durocher's pencils very well. The orange and black coloring beautifully marks out the in-head scenes while making that plane of existence very dangerous and chaotic, as it is. Lafuente even managed to color the flashback panels a little more coarse and dark, showing not only the fuzziness of the memory in the brain-dead Swindle, but also flashing back to Livio Ramondelli, who originally drew said art. The colors to pencils is strong this issue.

Image
When you haven't started that group project and it's due tomorrow


And the visuals would not be complete were it not for Tom B Long and his lettering. Long does a great job this issue of showing the combiner struggles using letters, as Bruticus phases between control and chaos, all the while Blastoff crying out from inside trying to maintain his control over himself.

Final Thoughts

Overall, this issue was great. What I had really wanted was a look into the individuals in the combiner, and we got that and we got it in spades. The combiner struggle was real and it was fantastic, both in writing and in artwork. Blastoff made this issue for me, and he has gone from being a shuttle on a team of combat vehicles random guy to a legitimately lovable character. Again, my main issue with this book is the pacing and how this could have lasted another full issue, but compared to the quality of combiner story we got, I can forgive it.

Image
You heard the chief!


This is definitely an issue worth picking up, and as this series continues to get its feet under it, it will progress and be a great ongoing. Keep an eye on this series: there is some serious potential.

:CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: out of :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON:
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1826983)
Posted by Sunstar on September 21st, 2016 @ 12:50pm CDT
I am heading out to get the book shortly.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1826993)
Posted by RNSrobot on September 21st, 2016 @ 1:52pm CDT
Better Combiner shit in one issue than all of Combiner Wars or AHO. Fantasticly done. I agree it felt like a five parter would've been a little better, but what a terrific arc.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1827016)
Posted by Sunstar on September 21st, 2016 @ 2:58pm CDT
Awesome story!
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1828991)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 27th, 2016 @ 4:26pm CDT
Thanks to Previews World we have a look at the Subscription Variant cover for Transformers: Till All Are One Revolution! Normally, Windblade is the voice of the massive Transformers known as the Titans, such as Metroplex. But what Till All Are One: Revolution is showing us is that Windblade may meet up with some of the smallest beings ever to live: the Micronauts! You can check out the cover below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries!

Image
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1828994)
Posted by Kurona on September 27th, 2016 @ 4:30pm CDT
Hopefully this should be a lot better than Revolution 1 and use Windblade to her strengths of, y'know, diplomatics and peace-talking rather than FIGHT FIGHT MISUNDERSTANDING FIGHT.

I mean I'm sure there'll be some fight but I hope it's more like the latter issues of Windblade Volume 2 where they set up talks and relations.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840288)
Posted by Va'al on November 10th, 2016 @ 3:15pm CST
We return to your regularly scheduled Transformers comics from IDW, now that the end of the crossover Revolution is in sight, with a quick iTunes preview of Transformers: Till All Are One #5! The regular team in back on board, with Scott, Pitre Durocher, Deer and (probably) Long at their posts. Check it out, and head back for a full preview in the next week or so!

REVOLUTION is over but the danger isn’t over! A wave of undead TITANS threatens CYBERTRON! STARSCREAM will need more than secret police to stop the oncoming horde, but our Fearless Leader finds himself short on friends and firepower. Who can be called upon—and why aren’t they stepping up to the plate?


Image

Image

Image
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840293)
Posted by Kurona on November 10th, 2016 @ 3:24pm CST
So a few things to note.

-It's really good to get back to regular issues again after the mess of Revolution. It feels like I'm back home <3
-I'm really liking Obsidian's character
-OH MY GOD THE COMBATICONS ARE STILL ALIVE YES YES Y E S
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840298)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 10th, 2016 @ 3:33pm CST
Brain-damaged Combaticons.

Obsidion is looking to be a good character.

Windblade is disillusioned by Prime.

Titans.

Good start, and welcome change to the Revolution stuff
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840309)
Posted by Crosscheck on November 10th, 2016 @ 3:48pm CST
I am glad I started this comic. The political intrigue is very fun to read. I am interested to see what Obsidian's motives actually are.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840317)
Posted by RNSrobot on November 10th, 2016 @ 4:09pm CST
Oh, I am SO with sensible, pragmatic Ironhide. I've absolutely loved him under Barber and Scott's pens.

And I'm really loving TAAO. I hope the Combaticons aren't gone too long. There was some tremendous material in the first four issues and i want to revisit them, especially Blast-off's complicated ideas. Plus, Brawl and Vortex being entertaining twits.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840324)
Posted by Crosscheck on November 10th, 2016 @ 4:32pm CST
RNSrobot wrote:Oh, I am SO with sensible, pragmatic Ironhide. I've absolutely loved him under Barber and Scott's pens.

And I'm really loving TAAO. I hope the Combaticons aren't gone too long. There was some tremendous material in the first four issues and i want to revisit them, especially Blast-off's complicated ideas. Plus, Brawl and Vortex being entertaining twits.

Here is hoping that combining with Swindle will wake Swindle up from his coma. I hope that this is why they are having trouble waking up. I, too, really liked the Combaticon's characterization.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840325)
Posted by Kurona on November 10th, 2016 @ 4:36pm CST
Swindle got shot through the chest, was on ER for months (maybe a year) on end, got combined and is now dealing with the stress of having been combined and now de-combined in ER.
If he survives this... goddamn. Who needs point one percenters when Swindle can make deals with death
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840336)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 10th, 2016 @ 4:54pm CST
Actually, that may be part of the reason why the combaticons are comatose/brain damaged. They combined with a bot who was basically dead since his brain was declared dead by Wheeljack, and then were shot through the head, causing them to decombine. So far in IDW, being forcefully decombined has been a bad situation, with the torchbearers being weakened as a result along with Galvatronus and Sky Reign, not to mention Menasor stayed combined after a head shot but was still knocked unconscious. The only one who really didn't show many problems was Devastator being forcefully decombined, but he's been around long enough he may be more resilient to things like that.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840338)
Posted by Kurona on November 10th, 2016 @ 4:59pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Actually, that may be part of the reason why the combaticons are comatose/brain damaged. They combined with a bot who was basically dead since his brain was declared dead by Wheeljack, and then were shot through the head, causing them to decombine. So far in IDW, being forcefully decombined has been a bad situation, with the torchbearers being weakened as a result along with Galvatronus and Sky Reign, not to mention Menasor stayed combined after a head shot but was still knocked unconscious. The only one who really didn't show many problems was Devastator being forcefully decombined, but he's been around long enough he may be more resilient to things like that.

And even then, in the original ex-RiD run where Devastator showed up (pre-dark cybertron), Prowl and the Constructicons were shown really worn out when decombined. When Megatron was starting to combine with the Constructicons they still looked really tired and fatigued.
De-combining's not fun. I can only imagine how the Aerialbots are right now.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840356)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 10th, 2016 @ 5:57pm CST
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Actually, that may be part of the reason why the combaticons are comatose/brain damaged. They combined with a bot who was basically dead since his brain was declared dead by Wheeljack, and then were shot through the head, causing them to decombine. So far in IDW, being forcefully decombined has been a bad situation, with the torchbearers being weakened as a result along with Galvatronus and Sky Reign, not to mention Menasor stayed combined after a head shot but was still knocked unconscious. The only one who really didn't show many problems was Devastator being forcefully decombined, but he's been around long enough he may be more resilient to things like that.

And even then, in the original ex-RiD run where Devastator showed up (pre-dark cybertron), Prowl and the Constructicons were shown really worn out when decombined. When Megatron was starting to combine with the Constructicons they still looked really tired and fatigued.
De-combining's not fun. I can only imagine how the Aerialbots are right now.

At least the aerialbots chose to decombine. They weren't forced apart.
Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #4 Full Preview (1840357)
Posted by Kurona on November 10th, 2016 @ 6:06pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Actually, that may be part of the reason why the combaticons are comatose/brain damaged. They combined with a bot who was basically dead since his brain was declared dead by Wheeljack, and then were shot through the head, causing them to decombine. So far in IDW, being forcefully decombined has been a bad situation, with the torchbearers being weakened as a result along with Galvatronus and Sky Reign, not to mention Menasor stayed combined after a head shot but was still knocked unconscious. The only one who really didn't show many problems was Devastator being forcefully decombined, but he's been around long enough he may be more resilient to things like that.

And even then, in the original ex-RiD run where Devastator showed up (pre-dark cybertron), Prowl and the Constructicons were shown really worn out when decombined. When Megatron was starting to combine with the Constructicons they still looked really tired and fatigued.
De-combining's not fun. I can only imagine how the Aerialbots are right now.

At least the aerialbots chose to decombine. They weren't forced apart.

True, but it was right after they pretty much cancelled their combined form's existence. That's gotta hurt.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Figure (Blaster Black Version) Takara Tomy MP3 Player" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY