Transformers News: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Quintessential Collection Delayed, to Include Movie Adaptation

Monday, March 20th, 2017 12:05AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,558

Credit(s): John Barber, IDW
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Quintessential Collection Delayed, to Include Movie Adaptation (1867799)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 20th, 2017 @ 1:50am CDT
Va'al wrote:This month was supposed to see the release of the hardcover collection of the Tom Scioli series Transformers vs G.I. Joe, dubbed 'the quintessential collection' and covered by us here. After yesterday's news of the Movie Adaption release, however, we've also learned that the whole book will be delayed to include the one-shot issue too! We have yet to find out how long the delay will actually be, but stay tuned for more information as we receive it here at Seibertron.com, and whet your appetite on our database entry here.

I'm totally okay with this because having the Movie Adaptation in the Quintessential Collection makes total sense.

It would drive me crazy to have it separate.
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Quintessential Collection Delayed, to Include Movie Adaptation (1867804)
Posted by dragons on March 20th, 2017 @ 6:24am CDT
I like look of snake eyes in picture everything else not to much glad it's going under way
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Quintessential Collection Delayed, to Include Movie Adaptation (1867848)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 20th, 2017 @ 12:39pm CDT
Okay, so this is the first time I've even heard of a Transformers VS GI Movie. IS there actually one, or is this just a script of a movie that was never made?
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Quintessential Collection Delayed, to Include Movie Adaptation (1867850)
Posted by Cobotron on March 20th, 2017 @ 12:46pm CDT
It's really just a joke. It's just the title of the comic.
How that plays into the story in this one-off is yet to be determined.
Until Wednesday at least.
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Quintessential Collection Delayed, to Include Movie Adaptation (1868879)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 23rd, 2017 @ 11:49pm CDT
Read The Movie Adaptation yesterday and LOVED it.

If you thought Transformers Vs. GI Joe was bananas, Tom Scioli dials it up to 11. Not a literal literal adaptation of the comic series, but it touches upon the highlights of the run and gives them a cool twist.

You can almost imagine music from the GI Joe and Transformers animated movies while reading it. And for anyone that grew up reading comic movie adaptations, this is a loving tribute to those as well. Those comics tend to also touch upon the highlights of a movie within a short amount of pages.

Also, I'm a big fan of this homage to The Right Stuff.

Highly recommended for anyone that loved the Transformers Vs. GI Joe comic.

Ending Soon On eBay

6071 Takara Tomy Transformers APS-01U Ultimate Optimus Prime Asia Exclusive DOTM - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 15 minutes 53 seconds
The Transformers: Spotlight  Omnibus 1 / Phase One Omnibus - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 16 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers G2 Dreadwing & Smokescreen Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive 2010 - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 22 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Generations Vol.2 2014 Exclusive Go Shooter Shuta Targetmaster NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 22 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generation Toy GT-4 Autobot JAZZ J4ZZ MP - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 53 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers KRE-O Stealth Bumblebee japan New figure Takara Tomy marketing - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 55 minutes
Transformers G1 Divebomb + Upgrade Incomplete - Predacons/ Predaking - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 47 seconds
100% Hasbro Transformers Platinum Ed Dinobots G1 Head Grimlock Slug Slog Set 5 - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 1 minute 48 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #170 - NC Comicon 2017