IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover

IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover

Friday, February 3rd, 2017 12:47pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,889

Transformers News: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover

Credit(s): IDW

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1856937)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 12:50pm CST
Please, I await all the fanrage. It nourishes me. :michaelbay:
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1856943)
Posted by o.supreme on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:21pm CST
No fanrage, it did remind me though that I have to unload the comics of this series I previously collected. If anyone wants the complete series (Issues #0-13), plus 2 SDCC exclusive covers of #1, plus a couple of duplicates of other issues, PM me $70.00 USD -That is retail price, just looking to make back what the comics cost me, at no profit to myself. In fact I probably stand to lose a little because I'm willing to pay for shipping.
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1856947)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:29pm CST
o.supreme wrote:No fanrage

Aw. :-(
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1856950)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:39pm CST
I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1856960)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 2:13pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?

Faking sucks all the fun out of it.

I have chosen all my words intentionally.
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1856975)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 3rd, 2017 @ 3:00pm CST
Va'al wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?

Faking sucks all the fun out of it.

I have chosen all my words intentionally.

My stimulation is indistinguishable from reality. [-(
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1856991)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 3:47pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?

Faking sucks all the fun out of it.

I have chosen all my words intentionally.

My stimulation is indistinguishable from reality. [-(

Good placing of that T. ;)
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1857030)
Posted by Cobotron on February 3rd, 2017 @ 6:45pm CST
I've never been more excited for more of something I thought there wouldn't be any more of.
The greatest comic book experience I've had in years! And now it's a MOVIE!

But not really a movie, but a comic book adaptation of a movie about a comic that really is about a movie that never was.

Didja get all that? ;)
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1857071)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 4th, 2017 @ 12:31am CST
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1857111)
Posted by shauyaun on February 4th, 2017 @ 9:49am CST
Va'al wrote:IDW Publishing have started promoting some of their upcoming books, and caught in said promotion is the new project by visionary comics creator Tom Scioli, of the Transformers vs G.I. Joe limited series: the comic book adaptation of a movie that never was - Transformers vs G.I. Joe The Movie! The Comic Book Adaptation of a Movie Version of a Comic Book (Seriously) You Never Knew You Needed will be out in March 2017.

Ok so it's a comic book?
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1857159)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 4th, 2017 @ 1:32pm CST
a comic book where every human has a skin condition judging by the cover :O

I'm still not sure how I felt about reading that series. It was... unique... interesting... but I don't know if I enjoyed it. I respect that it exists and that's that I suppose.
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1860570)
Posted by Va'al on February 18th, 2017 @ 3:29am CST
We've covered this upcoming book previously, and its bizarre slogans, but we now also have the variant cover by Robb Waters for Tom Scioli's Transformers vs G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation One Shot! Courtesy of Previews world, mirrored below, featuring Cobra, Joes, and assorted Cybertronians.

TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE MOVIE ADAPTATION
(W) Tom Scioli (A) Tom Scioli (CA) Robb Waters
Imagine a world where the greatest comic book crossover of all time inspires a movie adaptation... and that movie adaptation inspires its own comic book! Visionary writer-artist Tom Scioli returns to the weird world of Transformers vs. G.I. Joe and brings an even weirder twist to this new story: what would the comic book adaptation of the movie version of the comic book look like? It's time to find out in the most epic, scintillating, off-the-wall, exciting comic of 2017!

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1860620)
Posted by triKlops on February 18th, 2017 @ 11:37am CST
I was gonna pick this up anyway so the variant would be a nice addition; cover came out fresh!
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1865349)
Posted by Kurona on March 9th, 2017 @ 9:52am CST
Just started and finished the whole series.

I am really not sure how I feel about it. It's very obviously tongue-and-cheek and just a load of fun and ridiculousness for the heck of it; and I love that, but... I do wonder if it goes a bit far? Like, to the point I'm just so extremely confused I can't quite get into it. There were moments I was in love, moments I was confused, but most of the time I was stuck in a limbo where I didn't know which one I should be. It was an experience, I can say that much.

Also, for some reason these two panels are absolutely hilarious to me. I'm not even gonna try explaining how, I just can't help laughing whenever I look at them.

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1867610)
Posted by ScottyP on March 18th, 2017 @ 4:01pm CDT
Continuing our coverage of NC Comicon 2017 (you can read our summary of the Transformers comics panel hosted by John Barber here), we bring you news that the Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation one-shot has been released at the convention, with an exclusive convention cover! This is a few days early, with the book expected to be available at your local comic shop and online this upcoming Wednesday, March 22nd.

We've mirrored an image of the exclusive cover below for your viewing pleasure.

Let your fellow Seibertronians know how excited you are for this book (of course you are, right?) by replying to this post, and keep it here on Seibertron.com for continuing coverage of anything you need to know from the 2017 NC Comicon.
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1867629)
Posted by Cobotron on March 18th, 2017 @ 8:37pm CDT
Of course I is excited for this book.
And the MOVIE! :KREMZEEK: :POPCORN:
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1867680)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 19th, 2017 @ 1:44am CDT
Love this comic. Excited about The Movie Adaptation this upcoming week!
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1867710)
Posted by ScottyP on March 19th, 2017 @ 10:46am CDT
Read the print copy that I picked up at the show yesterday. This thing is hilarious! The extra space is used for, well, I won't spoil it but they use the additional pages of the "annual" format in a very fun way :)
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1867797)
Posted by Va'al on March 20th, 2017 @ 12:05am CDT

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie One-Shot Updated Cover (1867799)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 20th, 2017 @ 1:50am CDT
Va'al wrote:This month was supposed to see the release of the hardcover collection of the Tom Scioli series Transformers vs G.I. Joe, dubbed 'the quintessential collection' and covered by us here. After yesterday's news of the Movie Adaption release, however, we've also learned that the whole book will be delayed to include the one-shot issue too! We have yet to find out how long the delay will actually be, but stay tuned for more information as we receive it here at Seibertron.com, and whet your appetite on our database entry here.

I'm totally okay with this because having the Movie Adaptation in the Quintessential Collection makes total sense.

It would drive me crazy to have it separate.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY