Transformers News: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed

Wednesday, February 27th, 2019 7:21PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 11,811

In the exciting world of crossovers, we have a bunch of news to share with you today regarding the upcoming Transformers/Ghostbusters crossover event!

We'll start with the brand new cover revealed to day via Tom Walt's Twitter, which features the Ghost of Starscream! The Senior Editor and Manager notes that a Ghostbuster's crossover without Starscream's ghost would be a crime in and of itself! The cover itself is done by Priscilla Tramontano, a seasoned Transformers art veteran.

To go along with the cover, IDW's official site has uploaded a new interview with the creative team behind the crossover itself! The creative team consists of Writer Erik Burnham, Artist Dan Schoening, and Colorist Luis Antonio Delgado, and the team gets to talk about their histories with the different franchises, and also give us a bit of information on Ectotron. You can follow the above link to the full interview.

You can check out the cover and read some snippets of the interview below, and let us know what you think of this new and exciting crossover evens in the comments section down below!!

When you were initially approached by IDW Publishing to be part of the TRANSFORMERS/GHOSTBUSTERS crossover, what was your first reaction?

ERIK BURNHAM: Oh, there was a delayed double-take. The TRANSFORMERS property is something that a reliable section of fans has asked about us playing around with (with GHOSTBUSTERS or otherwise) ever since the first TMNT/GB crossover five years back. I wondered if the TRANSFORMERS universe would be as fun of a sandbox as GHOSTBUSTERS for us to play in – spoilers, it totally is.

LUIS ANTONIO DELGADO: Excitement! I’ve been working with IDW for 11 years and I’ve worked on pretty much all the properties I grew up with. The one I was still dreaming of being a part of was TRANSFORMERS, and to do it combined with my favorite team, the Ghostbusters, was everything I could’ve wanted. Besides, I already knew Erik was gonna come with a fantastic way to get both of them together (already did it once with TMNT), so I couldn’t wait to read the story.

DAN SCHOENING: Very surprised! I never thought I’d get the opportunity to draw the TRANSFORMERS bots in a comic, let alone a team up with the Ghostbusters.

.....

Luis, with so many different characters appearing on the cover art and within the story pages, how do you keep track of the proper colors to use for each, and did it require a lot of research on your part to get all the TRANSFORMERS details right?

LUIS: It is a huge challenge. When it comes to GB, I know the guys and their gear better than I could ever imagined I would, but the TRANSFORMERS bots are a different story—there are so many and they are so complex that it is a bit scary. Dan is the real genius behind all the art, not only the pencils, he did all the research so he could be true to the mythos and he was kind enough to share that research; so after a couple of misfires, I managed to get all the robots’ features right and now I have multiple files ready for when I have to work on them.

.....

Dan, who is your favorite Ghostbuster to draw? Favorite TRANSFORMERS bot? Are there any characters you dread having to illustrate?

DAN: My favorite Ghostbuster is Ray, and he’s also my favorite to draw. As for a TRANSFORMERS bot, my favorite is Mirage, with Perceptor in a close second. I can’t say I’m dreading drawing any, however, each one presents their own unique challenges. Finding where the joints move in particular, such as elbows and knees, is something I’m looking to improve upon as I move ahead.

.....

Erik, what can you tell us about Ectotron, the new Autobot being introduced in this crossover?

ERIK: Well… he is a bit of a nerd. He’s almost as far out there for the Autobots as the Ghostbusters were from other academics here on Earth. He’s kind of uptight, and he’s teased by the other Autobots. But he’ll loosen up by the end of the story.

.....

Erik, what can longtime fans of both franchises expect going into this crossover?

ERIK: Here’s the thing – I like a little comedy with the action, and I was wondering if Hasbro was going to ask for a very stoic interpretation of the TRANSFORMERS property, leaving the silliness to the Ghostbusters… but no. I get to have fun with the bots! Nothing wildly out of character, mind you, but Optimus Prime is gonna be as able to crack a joke as Venkman, if the situation arises. It’s gonna be about fun. Lots of fun. And I guarantee the series starts in a way no one will expect – it made me smile to write, and Dan & Luis knocked it out of the park on the page. It’s the kind of toybox mashup we did as kids! The TL;DR of it: a fun time with the boys in grey and the robots in disguise dealing with some ghostly common enemies!

Credit(s): IDW, Tom Waltz
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2012659)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on February 27th, 2019 @ 7:26pm CST
Gozer says Hi
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2012664)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 27th, 2019 @ 8:06pm CST

I'd also like to find the new IDW covers in 4K too please
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2012681)
Posted by Randomhero on February 27th, 2019 @ 9:46pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Probably unrelated, but does anyone know if I can find these covers in 4K? I want to use a few as my phone's wallpaper but since my screen is 4K, it will look a little pixelated and unfocused. If anyone can help, that be great ;)

I'd also like to find the new IDW covers in 4K too please

#firstworldproblems
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2012684)
Posted by S.o.L. on February 27th, 2019 @ 10:21pm CST
Ectotron should be very interesting.

Randomhero wrote:

I'd also like to find the new IDW covers in 4K too please

#firstworldproblems

Who you gonna call?
phone.jpg
screen.jpg
wallpaper.jpg
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2012706)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 28th, 2019 @ 5:55am CST
S.o.L. wrote:Ectotron should be very interesting.

Randomhero wrote:

I'd also like to find the new IDW covers in 4K too please

#firstworldproblems

Who you gonna call?
phone.jpg
screen.jpg
wallpaper.jpg

:lol:

Thanks anyway though guys ;)
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2012724)
Posted by S.o.L. on February 28th, 2019 @ 8:49am CST
sequal.png

:lol: :lol: :lol:
But why part 2 already?
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2012799)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 28th, 2019 @ 8:08pm CST
S.o.L. wrote:
sequal.png

:lol: :lol: :lol:
But why part 2 already?

Maybe issue 2?
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2013607)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 5th, 2019 @ 7:38pm CST
Tom Walts, Creative Development and Senior Editor for IDW Publishing, continues to be a boundless source of teases and new information for upcoming Transformers related stories, and today he brings to us an unlettered page from the upcoming Transformers x Ghostbusters crossover! In this one page preview, we get a glimpse of Gozer the Destructor arriving on Cybertron, and of course the very first person Gozer meets is Megatron!

Now if you have seen a Ghostbusters movie and a Transformers show in general, you have an idea how this might go. Is Megatron a God? Will Starscream make it out of this without becoming a ghost? Who will Gozer take the form of here? An Optimus Prime perhaps, Megatron's worst nightmare? Let us know what you think of the series and of the page below!

"Are you a... god?" It's #Megatron versus #Gozer in #Transformers/#Ghostbusters #GhostsOfCybertron #1 coming to comic-book stores everywhere in June! Brought to you from across the universe by @erikburnham @dannyschoening #LuisAntonioDelgado @IDWPublishing @Hasbro & #GhostCorps!

Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2013616)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 5th, 2019 @ 8:39pm CST
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2013648)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 5th, 2019 @ 11:04pm CST
I guess Megatron learned the most important lesson:

If a woman asks if you're a god... You say YES!
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2013652)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on March 6th, 2019 @ 12:53am CST
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2013654)
Posted by Emerje on March 6th, 2019 @ 1:37am CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:You know, I always thought Horri-Bull's alt was based on the Terror Dogs, so seeing the metal versions here really makes this whole concept click. Really looking forward to this!

This is what I was thinking. Horri-Bull (now Terri-Bull, fittingly) makes the perfect Terror Dog. I'm on board with this concept now.

Emerje
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2013660)
Posted by Big Grim on March 6th, 2019 @ 3:59am CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Just this page alone makes me want to buy this TPB right away, it’s perfect. Its got that Devastation style that’s perfectly G1, but perfect for the modern era. Really hope they fuse the Quintesson backstory with the Zuul legend into something interesting and fitting for both universes. After Star Trek and now this, I really hope they keep making more TF crossovers with other franchises. Transformers is one of those franchises where it’s very easy and possible to crossover with pretty much whatever universe you want. I’d be surprised to hear one where that wouldn’t work.

I'm with you on all points! The important one for this is that I really wanna read this book now! :D
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2013673)
Posted by Ig89ninja on March 6th, 2019 @ 7:10am CST
I love how the gateway has Quintesson faces carved on them
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2013806)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 7th, 2019 @ 8:19am CST
Looks nice but I'll pass. I have no interest in seeing Sunbow, again.
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2014510)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 13th, 2019 @ 6:01pm CDT
Thanks to the fine folks over at Newsarama, we have word of more non-lettered preview pages of the upcoming Transformers / Ghostbusters crossover comic! In these new preview pages, we get to see the immediate aftermath of Megatron and Gozer's meeting, which involves some violence against kind little demon dog thingies and then presumably a threat, right before a giant Starscream appears in the sky, with the heads of his enemies affixed as a necklace! Megatron proceeds to blast the real Starscream before taking off into the sky.

Along with these new pages, we also get a new cover, showcasing Starscream's ghost leading a hoard of Kremzeek against the Ghostbusters.

Check it out below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2014516)
Posted by Ig89ninja on March 13th, 2019 @ 6:24pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2014517)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on March 13th, 2019 @ 6:31pm CDT
Anyone else see the intro ti the '86 movie behind the door?
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2014519)
Posted by LordBludgeon on March 13th, 2019 @ 6:34pm CDT
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Starscream!
Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Behind the Scenes Interview, New Priscilla Tramontano Cover Revealed (2014520)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 13th, 2019 @ 6:36pm CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:I have a theory, Gozer just gave them the choice of the Destructor’s form, and this is what popped into Starscream’s mind

Nah, that giant Starscream is exactly what Megatron fears most!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers AoE Bumblebee VS Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Scorn Dinobot 2013 Hasbro New on Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Metals Die Cast Truck Jada Car Toys" on EBAY
Buy "HIGH OCTANE BUMBLEBEE TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION ACTION FIGURE, UNOPENED" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers  AOE Age Extinction Deluxe Class Dinobot Strafe, MISP MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Scorn Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Voyager Scorn Dinobot Figure AOE TLK The Last Knight Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Sky-Byte Generations New" on EBAY