IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth

Transformers News: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth

Sunday, June 30th, 2019 3:50PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Press Releases, Collectables
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 15,209

From the list of exclusives provided by the San Diego Comic Con we've learned that the Flame Toys IDW Transformers Optimus Prime will be released in the ever iconic always reliable variant of Nemesis Prime! Reliable, you know, as about 98.2% of all Optimus Prime releases get a Nemesis variant. It brings you comfort, like an old friend who is in fact an enemy who's out to destroy you, just like he's always been.

Now per the website the item will be available at the Bluefin booth #301 so get a map, make a plan, then make several alternate routes, then a few more, then just one more, then get over there as soon as you can to pick up the Shadow Daddio before he's gone.

From the SDCC Website listing:
Nemesis Prime IDW Version - Flame Toys SDCC Exclusive
The 8th series of [FURAI MODEL] Nemesis Prime (IDW ver.) is presented as event limited version! - It is 15.5cm height. - This is a modernized and shape optimized IDW Nemesis Prime. - Good articulation with over 40 movable joints, you will set any pose easily. - Model kit is made of hard plastic ABS, it will be good for professional model kit fans to make your own coloring style Nemesis Optimus (IDW ver.). - Joint is made of soft plastic so it will have a stable movable performance. - With different injection color of runner parts and simple assembly design, it will also be good for model kit beginners.
Available at Storm Collectibles/Flame Toys (Bluefin) booth 301!

Now Robotkingdom currently has the item up for order and is listed as available for $39.90. They also provide a bevy of images of this ebony eliminator of all that is, well, take your pick I mean regardless of which version we all know when Nemesis comes 'round, bots get knocked down.

We've mirrored the images here for your convenience.

From the Robotkingdom description:

"Product Description:
Available Now!
Robot / Figurine Size : Approx. 15.5cm
Material : ABS, POM, PA, PE

Gimmick :
- 8th series of [FURAI MODEL] Nemesis Prime (IDW ver.) is presented as event limited version!
- It is 15.5cm height.
- This is a modernized and shape optimized IDW Nemesis Prime.
- Good articulation with over 40 movable joints, you will set any pose easily.
- Joint is made of soft plastic so it will have a stable movable performance.
***Photos for reference only, exact product appearance is subject to manufacturer final confirmation.***"

As always enjoy the views and share your thoughts with the Seibertron crew in the forum!

Credit(s): SDCC2019
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2026950)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 30th, 2019 @ 5:22pm CDT
I still find it a little odd that he can have the shattered glass autobot symbols
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2026951)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 30th, 2019 @ 5:26pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Dorkimus wrote:I like the 2-part line too. Giving us IDW Prime, Megatron, and Drift is really awesome. And then we also get these highly stylized ones like Prime, Bee, the Seekers, Devastator, Hound, and Windblade soon.

And this is just me, but more Transformers need handheld melee weapons, especially Hammers and Axes

Wait they're doing a stylized Windblade? Might have to drop for that. Also I agree with you 100%. I'd love to see Megatron get a mace or flail more often especially, and of all the things movie Bumblebee could contribute to Bumblebee overall, the war hammer feels like a good fit.
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2026952)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 30th, 2019 @ 5:28pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Yeah they teased some design artwork of her a few months ago. No prototype reveal yet, but I imagine it will be soon.

Devastator has had colored images, and we were told to expect pre-orders here soon. and Hound has a prototype, so i imagine we might see him in the coming months as well. Skywarp has also been confirmed to be coming.
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2026960)
Posted by Randomhero on June 30th, 2019 @ 6:43pm CDT
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2026964)
Posted by Stargrave on June 30th, 2019 @ 7:17pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:I love how robotkingdom slaps their name on all photos as if they’re only sent to them. They’re advertisement photos sent to most retailer and sites.

Man I looked high and low for other retailers with non-labeled pics but they were the only ones I could find. Just out of curiosity if you see them pop up elsewhere can you let me know? That was driving me bonkers earlier.
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2027114)
Posted by Randomhero on July 1st, 2019 @ 8:16pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:

I saw them the other day on daimchoc’s page I believe

Tfsource also has unwatermarked photos
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2027133)
Posted by Seibertron on July 1st, 2019 @ 10:28pm CDT
JomasterII wrote:OK. I'm literally joining the bloody forums just to say this.

Welcome aboard Seibertron.com! Thanks for joining our forums.

JomasterII wrote:Please.
PLEASE.
PLEASE clean your frickin' nub marks.
They're just... absolutely egregious. Coming from a builder of Gunpla, cleaning your nubs is one of the most important steps in making your models look amazing. Big white stress marks and excess pieces of sprue don't help with the look.

I know I'm being blunt but I'm really not trying to be rude. I just wanna have the gallery look amazing and really make the kits shine.

Thank you for your suggestions. Had I actually put the kits together myself, I probably would have done that. However, the kits were assembled sets that Bluefin Distribution sent to me for review purposes (which I'm assuming Flame Toys assembled themselves and then sent the sets to Bluefin Distribution. If they didn't send me assembled samples, I probably would never have done the galleries because of how long it takes to build sets like this ... heck, I never even got around to doing galleries of the recent Kabaya Transformers because of how long it took to build Deszaras, and those are pretty simple compared to the Flame Toys kits).

The only "customizations" I did to these figures was super glue parts on so that they would quit falling off (such as the horns on Bumblebee, Bumblebee's yellow chest, the vents on the side of Thundercracker's head, and the back pieces to which the wings attach on Thundercracker. I will try to keep my eyes out for small flaws like that on the assembled sets they send me in the future.
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2027145)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 2nd, 2019 @ 3:47am CDT
Seibertron wrote:the kits were assembled sets that Bluefin Distribution sent to me for review purposes (which I'm assuming Flame Toys assembled themselves and then sent the sets to Bluefin Distribution. If they didn't send me assembled samples, I probably would never have done the galleries because of how long it takes to build sets like this

One would assume that a company that send assembled copies for review purpose would have taken some extra care in building the things.

On the other hand though, most buyers will be complete casuals and would never think about painting or cleaning the kits of nubs. So in a way, the pictures were "honest". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2027147)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 2nd, 2019 @ 5:24am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Guess I'm a complete casual then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think I prefer them to look great without paint, because then I am not disappointed in the way they look after all the time I spent building it. Also, shouldn't a person start painting these things once they get one of the bigger, more expensive kits like Tarn or Drift? Because I think those need the paint more than these simple figures.
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2027148)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 2nd, 2019 @ 5:35am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Guess I'm a complete casual then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

An amateur would give at least a clear finish for that extra shine, with paint highlights. The pro would go the extra mile by adding dirt, battle damage, and special effects.

If I find one of these kits on sale, I may try it out. But I'm sure the thing may end up completely ruined. T__T
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2027240)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 2nd, 2019 @ 10:09pm CDT
Emgo just did a video review of Bumblebee.

I'm starting to want the damn thing. #-o

Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2027794)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 8th, 2019 @ 8:10pm CDT
Just paid for my Bumblebee and Thundercracker, I am looking forward to both! Now to wait out a few more things before I ship my stack
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2028749)
Posted by Stargrave on July 14th, 2019 @ 12:50am CDT
Flame toys is keeping things sizzling hot this summer with their upcoming release of Transformers Shattered Glass Attack Mode Optimus Prime! Although not an entirely new mold this repaint of Furai Model Optimus Prime Attack Mode absolutely captures the image of the unhinged warlord mirror universe version of Optimus Prime. You know, the dark version of Optimus that's not Nemesis Prime for once.

Originally debuting as part of an April Fool's joke to Transformer fans that saw many a bot's color scheme, faction, and archetype flipped for fun, the character has developed and grown into the one formerly known as Optronix who amassed his sadistic hordes of Autobots to destroy the noble Decepticons.

Translated from the Japanese Tweet:

"Unlike the regular version, the mask is painted on each runner. The state of luxury will be completed as shown in the photo, but you can further improve the detail by sticking the attached sticker. The crack in the chest window was reproduced by printing on the print."

Enjoy the images and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2028767)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2019 @ 4:32am CDT
Is it just me, or that Optimus Prime is actually a FEMBOT?

Those delicious child-bearing hips... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Re: IDW Version Transformers Nemesis Prime SDCC2019 Exclusive at BlueFin Booth (2028868)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 14th, 2019 @ 8:12pm CDT
That mold looks really good in the shattered colors. And that artwork, oh it's gorgeous. I would make a clean version of that my wallpaper

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G1 Takara Hasbro Original Figure Crosshairs 1987" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Energon Igniters Nitro Series, Barricade + Bumblebee IOP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cannon Bumblebee Revenge Of The Fallen" on EBAY
Buy "Dragonstorm Leader Premier Edition The Last Knight Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics TFSS Botcon NIGHT RACER SHAKAR Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise RID #2 Bumblebee Mask Sealed 2" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise #4 Optimus Prime Mask Sealed 4" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise #4 Optimus Prime Mask Sealed 2" on EBAY