Friday, December 23rd, 2016 3:54pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,174

In other comics news, we heard from carytheone that IDW Publishing is having a minor sale over on ComiXology, with a couple of titles that might grab your Transformers interest:

Transformers: Reign of Starscream Collected Edition @ $3.99
Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Collected Edition @ $3.99

Revolution #1 @ $.99 with Revolution #00 being free.

Check them out at this link, if so, and join the conversation in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution

Credit(s): ComiXology

Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1855155)
Posted by william-james88 on January 27th, 2017 @ 12:13pm CST
Carytheone has informed us that there is a week-end sale on Comixology for all the Transformers Spotlight issues from IDW. They are $0.99 each. You can buy them in trade as well, where each trade is also 50% off. So, for those that haven't read them yet, can any fan tell us which are worth getting? What's your favourite spotlight issue? The sale ends January 30th.

Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1855161)
Posted by Kurona on January 27th, 2017 @ 12:23pm CST
The same sale puts them at £0.69 in the UK btw
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1859071)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 13th, 2017 @ 1:26pm CST
Comixology is having another comic book sale, this time titled the 'World of Hasbro' sale, where there are dozens of Transformers and other Hasbro properties comics on sale. You can find the comics by going to the link above, and use the code 'IDW' at checkout to get 50% off the list price. Check it out!

Titles include:

-IDW Revolution Prelude
-IDW Revolution Parts 1-5
-IDW Road to Revolution
-IDW Revolutionaries #1
-IDW MTMTE Volumes 1-10
-IDW MTMTE every issue including the Annual and Revolution 1-shot
-IDW Robots in Disguise (Cartoon) every issue
-IDW RiD (IDW G1) issues 1-34, Volumes 1-8
-Some older Transformers IDW G1 comics
-Movie Comics
-Animated Comics
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886194)
Posted by Kurona on June 2nd, 2017 @ 8:18am CDT
Digital comic store Comixology has once again put up a sale for... well, ALL of IDW's Transformers comics - including current ongoings like Lost Light and Till All Are One; as well as many of their previous comics like Revolution, More Than Meets The Eye, All Hail Megatron and their many collections of the old Marvel comics. This sale lasts until the 29th of this month, and each item has at LEAST 50% off! Click the link here if you're interested and tell us if this sale was good to you in the energon pub!
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886228)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2017 @ 9:11am CDT
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886234)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2017 @ 9:15am CDT
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886239)
Posted by Kurona on June 2nd, 2017 @ 9:26am CDT
william-james88 wrote:And has anyone figured out that the best deal is yet? Like which book has the biggest discount and what gives you most for your money?

Well, considering that it is just about every IDW Transformers comic... that'd take quite a bit of searching.

By the by, since I'm here; suppose I can make my best recommendations from the furman era :D

Spotlight: Shockwave
Spotlight: Sixshot
Spotlight: Blaster
Maximum Dinobots

Maximum Dinobots I feel is just the most enjoyable of the main ongoing series Furman had going, while the three Spotlights I've picked are what are in my opinion the best of all three types of Spotlights. Shockwave ties directly into the main story and gives huge context on what's going on; Sixshot expands on one of the characters in the main story and gives extra context; Blaster has nothing at all to do with the main story but attempts to use the universe set up to provide just a damn good story - and succeeds. All of them manage to be great stories really.
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886247)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2017 @ 9:55am CDT
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886263)
Posted by Kurona on June 2nd, 2017 @ 10:13am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Thanks I will look into those. i already have spotlight shockwave, its been free for a while (thats very kind of them).

Very kind. Makes sense too; a lot of Revolution stuff is rooted in Shockwave's machinations with his ores, which the Spotlight shows best.
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886331)
Posted by carytheone on June 2nd, 2017 @ 3:01pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Definitely getting Storm Bringere under Scotty's recomendation. Plus all of TAAO.
I just read Stormbringer not to long ago. I remember linking it a lot.

Well well, it's that time to play catch up again ;)^
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886407)
Posted by ricemazter on June 2nd, 2017 @ 7:32pm CDT
Someone should check if this extends to all of IDW's Hasbro universe. I looked and all the ROM issues are .99 as well as wrath of Karza
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886411)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2017 @ 7:39pm CDT
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886425)
Posted by ricemazter on June 2nd, 2017 @ 9:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I bought all of TAAO and Stormbringer. I wish Sotrmbringer was collected but oh well. Also, anyone know why issue 10 of TAAO is double the price (when its not on sale)?

All new issues of IDW digital comics are $3.99. Normally, the price drops to $1.99 after a month/whenever the next issue is released. So, you can always get a 50% discount if you're willing to be one issue behind.
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886512)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 3rd, 2017 @ 9:40am CDT
I need some advice/assistance:

I will be collecting the post-Death of Optimus Prime IDW comics in the form of the hardcover collections: I have the first 4 of the new ones.
I also have the compendium, which includes Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, and a handful of Spotlights.
I'm also probably going to get Vol. 8 of the original collection for Chaos, and Vol. 4 for Revelation and Maximum Dinobots.
What I don't know is how best to get Devastation or if I should read the original ongoing.

Any thoughts?
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886527)
Posted by Kurona on June 3rd, 2017 @ 10:49am CDT
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

Any thoughts?

If you're just going physical copies for post-DOOP, then this sale might be your best bet for Devastation.

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886921)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 4th, 2017 @ 8:16pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

Any thoughts?

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?

Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'
But, come to think of it, does AHM have enough plot elements in it to be worth reading eventually?
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886928)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 8:48pm CDT
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

Any thoughts?

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?

Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'

AHM for better or for worse significantly changed the course of the IDWverse and kicked off a lot of events that still effect modern day stories, especially in regards to Revolution (MASK and GI Joe in particular are in response to the events of AHM). The problem isn't that it doesn't have plot or doesn't have consequences or change anything; just that it's unoriginal and not very good at what it does.

There's been a couple IDW series called 'the transformers'. First was the 2009 series headed by Mike Costa which follows AHM and precedes Death of Optimus Prime and ran for 31 issues (with many minis on the side like LSoTW and Bumblebee). The second was the continuation of post-2011 Robots in Disguise; renamed to simply 'The Transformers' so as not to be confused with the 2015 cartoon and toyline of the same name. The fandom tends to call it 'ex-RiD' to differentiate it.
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886931)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 4th, 2017 @ 9:14pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

Any thoughts?

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?

Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'

This really is much more confusing than it needs to be isn't it?
I was referring to the earlier title, between AHM and DoOP.
As for AHM, is it worth it over just reading a summary?
Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1886932)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 9:19pm CDT
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

Any thoughts?

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?

Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'

This really is much more confusing than it needs to be isn't it?
I was referring to the earlier title, between AHM and DoOP.
As for AHM, is it worth it over just reading a summary?

Re: IDW Weekend Sale on ComiXology: Reign of Starscream, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Revolution (1887023)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 5th, 2017 @ 8:57am CDT
Kurona wrote:In my opinion not really; the Coda (issues 13-16 that are after the main story) has some good stuff, but AHM was universally reviled by IDW fans and for good reasons. Still, at the end of the day my thinking it's awful is just an opinion - if you wanna try it out for yourself and find some enjoyment in it, all the power to you.

Thanks! ;)^
I think I now know where to go from here.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY