IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview

IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview

Monday, January 9th, 2012 5:11pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 43,839

The fine folks over at IDW Publishing have sent over a preview of their new Transformers ongoing title Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1, which will hit shops this Wednesday. Their other new Transformers ongoing title Transformers: Robots in Disguise will debut later this month on the 25th. Enjoy the seven page preview below!

TRANSFORMERS - ONE UNIVERSE!
THIS IS IT! THE BRAND-NEW DIRECTION OF TRANSFORMERS! TWO TITLES, ONE UNIVERSE! THE TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE STREAMLINED!
Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #1
James Roberts (w) • Nick Roche (a) • Alex Milne x 4, Roche (c)
The ultimate Transformers saga begins here!
This second all-new ongoing Transformers title reunites the fan-favorite creative team behind Last Stand of the Wreckers and sends the Transformers on an epic quest to the farthest reaches of the Transformers Universe and beyond! The adventure starts here!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant covers:
• Wraparound Alex Milne cover, featuring the inter-connected image of all 4 covers!
• Decepticon logo temporary tattoos!
• Josh Burcham hand-drawn sketch Decepticon cover!

Bullet points:
• ONE UNIVERSE! This series, in conjunction with Transformers: Robots in Disguise, expands the Transformers universe into exciting, unexplored territory.
• Never read an IDW TRANSFORMERS book? THIS is the place to start!
• 4 inter-connected covers by Alex Milne, each featuring a character from the new ongoing series, combining to make one image!
• All covers have an eye-catching foil enhancement!

Credit(s): IDW

Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1331918)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 9th, 2012 @ 5:59pm CST
not a fan of this organic withery look they have
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1331919)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 9th, 2012 @ 6:01pm CST
"You don't even need a cane anymore" :lol:

Also, am I the only one who mistook Rodimus for a fembot for a second? Also also, Drift's new look rules.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1331935)
Posted by #Sideways# on January 9th, 2012 @ 6:29pm CST
Chaoslock wrote:Also, am I the only one who mistook Rodimus for a fembot for a second?

You're not the only one.

Is it me, or is Prowl hinting that the cargo is going to be a bomb?

Hes a dirty cop! OH NOES
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1331966)
Posted by Downbeat on January 9th, 2012 @ 8:22pm CST
Love the art, love the writing! Can't wait to read the whole issue and RID later this month. Wish Roche was sticking around, but Milne is also good.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1331969)
Posted by Blurrz on January 9th, 2012 @ 8:30pm CST
I don't mind the art, but yeah, Rodimus was looking like he shares the same chassis as Arcee.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1331982)
Posted by dinogeist on January 9th, 2012 @ 9:40pm CST
I read the 7 page preview & it was decent.

I don't like how the character art models keep changing when a new title gets introduced.

I not a fan of Rodimus's skinny look. I would have preferred rodimus more beefy,taller & muscular looking.

I do like that bumblebee has his WFC art design. I can only imagine/guess,that the RID title will give bumblebee & others different art character designs.

I'm going to chose to not buy any TF IDW comics for 6 months. then swoop in & buy the RID & MTMTE Trade paper backs from amazon.com in june/july.

I dis-like the RID & MTMTE seperate titles. for 2 main reasons: (1) I've got to buy 2 TF G-1 idw comics in 2012. If I only buy one & not the other. it'll be like reading a book with pages ripped out here & their in the book. (2)It's confusing having Rid & MTMTE. Rid is the cybertron based series. while MTMTE is the space journey series. i just know i'm gonna jumble up the two titles.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1331985)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on January 9th, 2012 @ 9:53pm CST
I hate the artwork on this title.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1331991)
Posted by cybercat on January 9th, 2012 @ 10:47pm CST
AS AN ACTUAL GIRL: I had no problems with thinking Rodimus was a girl. Broad shoulders, teeny hips? Yeah, those read as pretty DUDELY to me. Sure, he's not Roadbuster, but, well...who is?

The art...will take some getting used to. At least Roche is past his dreadful Rochelips phase? It kind of reminds me of when Cam Kennedy did Judge Dredd art.

HOWEVER, I can at least tell what's going on. Which is a step up from Livio's art.

The story, I am all over. I have not been this excited for a TF comic in a while. Here's hoping they can put the dreadful Legacy of Costa behind them.

HK: Bumblebee's epic hate-on for Drift apparently never gets old.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332000)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 9th, 2012 @ 11:31pm CST
Tidalwavex wrote:I do like that bumblebee has his WFC art design.
Not me. I really, REALLY don't like that they're using the WFC/FOC body designs for some of these characters. Doing so can only add to the still present confusion that WFC/FOC are G1, when they aren't.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332001)
Posted by No One on January 9th, 2012 @ 11:50pm CST
wOw
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332003)
Posted by AutobotOutlaw on January 9th, 2012 @ 11:54pm CST
I've always been a fan of Roche's art since Last Stand so I have no problem with this at all. Though is it just me or did Rodimus steal Iron Man's face plate for a chest plate?
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332005)
Posted by quickmixed on January 10th, 2012 @ 12:12am CST
"All covers have an eye catching foil enhancement!" Yay! Its the nineties again.

Im looking forward to picking this issue up. The story has some real potential, but as in the past with IDW Im not going to get my hopes up. No dramas with the artwork either, I really enjoy the way Roche draws.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332029)
Posted by Autobot-Hellstriker on January 10th, 2012 @ 2:32am CST
I´m not liking any of their looks, they all look anorexic :SICK: ..... as if their bodies are half starved from lack of energy supplies.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332059)
Posted by Prime Evil on January 10th, 2012 @ 7:23am CST
I guess I'm the only one that loves Nick's style. I wish he was staying on after this first issue, but oh well. :-(

I'm looking forward to the start of the new direction and even with just these first 7 pages, I'm stoked! Tomorrow's gonna be a good day.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332071)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 10th, 2012 @ 8:10am CST
I don't have a problem with the artwork, just a couple of the designs. Hot Rod is very Cybertron's Next Top Model, and given the right colours Chromedome could be mistaken for Grimlock.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332189)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 10th, 2012 @ 12:18pm CST
Nice preview. Prowl's got a temper when his logic doesn't actually determine things are going to go how they go.

I actually like the art. It's not my favorite, and I really like Roche, but it's crisp and clear, and I can see the movement, know who the characters are, and I'm not going to be so distracted by it that I can't take read the story.

Do not like Bumblebee having his WFC body either. Oh well.

Prowl must have some kind of agreement with Rewind, because otherwise his statement could really piss off a lot of bots (but I don't know that he would care).

Looks like he'll have to rely on Wheeljack for his fun new inventions.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332192)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 10th, 2012 @ 12:22pm CST
Prime Evil wrote:I guess I'm the only one that loves Nick's style.

Nope. I like the style, just some bots look too different. (Also, I love the return to WFC-style bodies)
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332193)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 10th, 2012 @ 12:23pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:Do not like Bumblebee having his WFC body either. Oh well.
Sadly, he's not the only one. Looks like him, Ironhide, Wheeljack, and Prowl do as well.
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332225)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 10th, 2012 @ 1:15pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:Do not like Bumblebee having his WFC body either. Oh well.

Haven't played enough WFC to know that. More sad...
Re: IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #1 Seven Page Preview (1332227)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 10th, 2012 @ 1:21pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:Do not like Bumblebee having his WFC body either. Oh well.

Haven't played enough WFC to know that. More sad...
To be fair, neither Prowl nor Wheeljack were in WFC anyway. But Prowl's design is based on the unused WFC Bluestreak design that was to have been for the DS game.

Though, I think I made a mistake about Wheeljack (I was thinking his design was his Fall of Cybertron body, but I guess it is new design after all). :oops:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers NEW * Voyager Sandstorm * Generations Selects Exclusive WFC-GS21" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock MISB 2012" on EBAY