iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder

Transformers News: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder

Wednesday, April 8th, 2009 2:15PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 24,086

BBTS has put up a preorder for the iGear upgrade kit for Masterpiece Grimlock.

This kit includes
1x Gold Crown
1x Maccadam's Old Oil House Cup
1x Miniature Thrust jet (non-transforming)

See the preorder and more pictures here

iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder
Credit(s): BBTS
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908030)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 8th, 2009 @ 2:17pm CDT
No no no.

100 times no.
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908031)
Posted by Iron Prime on April 8th, 2009 @ 2:29pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:No no no.

100 times no.

QFT

Am I the only one that things all these after market add-ons are getting out of hand? Sure some of them are pretty cool - but seriously, doesn't every thing need an expensive add-on/accessory kit? :?
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908032)
Posted by Black Arachnis on April 8th, 2009 @ 2:32pm CDT
since when is 15 bucks an expensive addon? :???:
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908033)
Posted by Mkall on April 8th, 2009 @ 2:32pm CDT
Not something I need. Then again I don't have MP Grimmy anyways
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908035)
Posted by King Henrik on April 8th, 2009 @ 2:39pm CDT
wonder what seiberton thinks about this? (mentioned he would have preferred a crown to the waiter stuff in his review)
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908037)
Posted by Firebird on April 8th, 2009 @ 2:45pm CDT

At least the crown looks like the original prototype image...

The mug and Thrust are pointless though.
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908039)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 8th, 2009 @ 2:47pm CDT
I thought MP Grimlock already came with a Marvel comics crown? :?
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908043)
Posted by Mkall on April 8th, 2009 @ 2:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I thought MP Grimlock already came with a Marvel comics crown? :?

Nope, replaced with an apron
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908045)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 8th, 2009 @ 3:05pm CDT
Well the crown is cool, but the other stuff is pointless...why not just offer the crown on its own for a cheaper price?

I agree the add-ons are getting carried away....
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908049)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on April 8th, 2009 @ 3:20pm CDT
I don't have a problem with add on kits. I'm not going to get this one, but I"m sure some people are happy that it's being made. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Don't see why it should bother people that it's being made.
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908050)
Posted by Iron Prime on April 8th, 2009 @ 3:22pm CDT
Firebird wrote:The mug and Thrust are pointless though.

What's the mug from any way? The crown is well known, and the Thrust is obvious from the season 2 opening credits...
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908051)
Posted by DevastaTTor on April 8th, 2009 @ 3:24pm CDT
Shocker: someone made the crown. It'd be nice to have but I agree with others on this overall. While the mini-Thrusts is creative, it's a weird and worthless as is that mug.

iGear is close to jumping the shark with this one.
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908054)
Posted by Firebird on April 8th, 2009 @ 3:30pm CDT
Iron Prime wrote:
Firebird wrote:The mug and Thrust are pointless though.

The preorder says it from Maccadam's Oil House
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908055)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 8th, 2009 @ 3:33pm CDT
Has iGear even brought anything to market yet?
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908056)
Posted by Iron Prime on April 8th, 2009 @ 3:39pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Has iGear even brought anything to market yet?

Well, here's their site: http://www.igear.tf08.net/

I thought they got that autoroller shipping, but I could be wrong....
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908070)
Posted by capellamusic on April 8th, 2009 @ 3:55pm CDT
Seriously, who didn't see this comming? I'm talking about the crown of course. I actually prefer the comedy of the apron and drinks and I'm glad Grimlock came with the accessories it came with, and I'm happy with it. I don't want the crown. Still it's good for those who want it.

About the mug I have no idea where it came from... But I find it even more 'stupid' than the apron :P . As for the mini Thrust it will be cool if it transforms and looks accurate, but we already have the WST one and the Kings Toys one, although the second maybe doesn't fit in Grimlock's mouth.
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908077)
Posted by Savage on April 8th, 2009 @ 4:26pm CDT
I want the crown. I'd rather not pay $15 dollars plus shipping to get it, but that's life. I'm actually fond of the mug, but could care less about the miniThrust, though it is creative.
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908087)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 8th, 2009 @ 5:20pm CDT
Dont have the cash to get Grimlock so the add ons are a moot point for me. I like add ons but only when they make sence and fit with the figure. I like the crown and the thrust but you can only use one at a time so thats a waste. Whats the mug from?
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908100)
Posted by Mykltron on April 8th, 2009 @ 6:18pm CDT

I find it odd that the Masterpiece prototypes show them with an accessory that isn't released with the figure, then another company releases said item. I wonder if it's a subsidiary of Has/Tak and not an independant company after all. I'm refering to Starscream's coronation set (he has holes for the shoulder things) as well as Grimlock's crown.
Re: iGear Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit - Pics and Preorder (908111)
Posted by Stormrider on April 8th, 2009 @ 6:29pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:I know Grimlock is quite big, but he's not big enough to catch a plane in his mighty maw. What's that about?

My guess is that when collectors and completists have finished purchasing MP Grimlock and MP Starscream in a couple years - Takara will turn around and release a second version with the crowns. Kind of like what they did with MP-04. Of course the downside of waiting is that they'll lose some folks who purchase these products instead.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G1 ULTRA MAGNUS Trailer Hasbro Generations 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revoltech Optimus Prime 019 Convoy Kaiyodo Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS VOYAGER CLASS MOTORMASTER NEW USA" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS HASBRO 2010 AUTOBOT WHEELJACK LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS RID UNIVERSE AUTOBOT PROWL BRAND NEW IN BLISTER PACK!!" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS RID UNIVERSE CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR BRAND NEW IN BOX RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2002 Collector Plate  RiD Optimus vs. Megatron!" on EBAY