Monday, July 25th, 2011 4:16pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 47,901

Pre-orders have opened for iGear's latest crop of third-party figures: PP05m Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager. Each pre-order page also features a gallery of it's respective figure featuring new images and size comparisons.

PP05w Weapon Specialist

PP05m Medical Specialist

MW-01 Spray

MW-02 Rager

Credit(s): Prime Evil, Quantum Reflex, iGear

This article was last modified on Monday, July 25th, 2011 6:30pm CDT

Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266250)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:17pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'd really like to see a size comparison before I order ANY of the upcoming 3rd party minibots.

They compare both of their minibots to the Legends class Optimus Prime on their site.

07.jpg

08.jpg
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266260)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:26pm CDT

For that price, I've purchased their "Masterpiece" figures, which are much larger. Here, we're looking at Deluxe-sized figures. Maybe we can compare it to Warbot: size is small Voyager/large Deluxe, may or may not have die-cast like Warbot, but comes with TONS of cool looking accessories.

Again, not thrilled with the price, but I'll look towards getting both, as well as the mini-bots.
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266261)
Posted by Naked Magnus on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:27pm CDT
Wanted to preorder Ironhide and Ratchet, but $220 is a LOT of money for a figure to be released so far into the future. If history is any indicator, there will be delays, if not a cancellation. Would I get my money back if the figure fell through? $30 for Huffer and Seaspray was a risk I was willing to take so I preordered those.
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266262)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:28pm CDT
Well I realy like the looks of the Ironhide,Ratchet and Huffer So i want them, The Seaspray looks good so he is a maybe as I have the HFTD voyager
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266264)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:31pm CDT
ironhide is epic. huffer is pure win. too bad these will cost a arm and a leg.
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266265)
Posted by User897 on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:37pm CDT
$110 a piece for figures barely bigger than a Deluxe....

PASS.
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266266)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:38pm CDT
Well there goes G1 season for me....I want all of these very pricey figures!! Dec 31st release means spring next year! :lol:
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266267)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:39pm CDT
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266269)
Posted by korisifu on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:43pm CDT
Kibble wrote:...not an absolutely terrible price, but far from good. Wonder how much cheaper they'd be waiting to order through TFsource...or elsewhere if they're offered.

I want to go this route too, especially let them be reviewed and the paint apps seen.

Naked Magnus wrote:Wanted to preorder Ironhide and Ratchet, but $220 is a LOT of money for a figure to be released so far into the future. If history is any indicator, there will be delays, if not a cancellation. Would I get my money back if the figure fell through?

Anyone know the answer to this?

necr0blivion wrote:I love the prices on the minibots ($15 preorder), but not thrilled about the Ironhide/Ratchet prices ($110 preorder, $120 afterwards).

For that price, I've purchased their "Masterpiece" figures.

I agree whole heartily! Look at the quality and what you get with FansProject and PerfectEffect for cheaper. I know it sounds retarded but if it's true that they're cheaper now, I have an impulse to bite the bullet on these....even just to save $20+. Do we know for a fact they're at a discounted price right now?
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266271)
Posted by Mkall on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:47pm CDT
Powermaster Jazz wrote:Those prices are absolute bulls***. Plus it's not like there will never be any more official figures of Ratchet and Ironhide

Considering that Ironhide and Ratchet will stand as tall (if not taller) than FansProiject's Defender, and contain much more accessories, I don't think the prices are too outrageous.
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266272)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:50pm CDT
well, more TFs to the "never get and stare at" list :(
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266273)
Posted by Rated X on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:50pm CDT
Their versions of Seaspray and Huffer are just too damn small. Who's the other company that is gonna make them and Powerglide ??? Im hoping theyll will up the size to at least scout.

P.S.

I gotta send a shout out to the "NOT" crew...
Right now Im eating some "NOT KFC" better known as Popeyes. :lol:
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266274)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:52pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

Defender's price is BS too
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266275)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:53pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

IT'S a HUNDRED AND TEN DOLLAR DELUXE!!!! Dude, come on, that's steep. I'm not saying it's so ridiculous that I'm not getting them, I'm saying it's (as far as I'm aware) the most expensive figure of that size ever released by a 3rd party. Record setting price tends to make it unobtainable for some people. Me? I'm just not going to eat for 2 weeks! :D
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266276)
Posted by Kibble on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:53pm CDT
korisifu wrote:

Anyone know the answer to this?

Unless iGear disappeared altogether, yes, you would get your money back. They're not going to be doing much future business if they took people's money and didn't deliver the product.
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266301)
Posted by NTESHFT on July 25th, 2011 @ 5:23pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

Yes, I love the accessories the not-Ironhide and not-Ratchet come with. True, the price is definitely more than I would like to pay, but if I were to get the money, I would buy them both. I mean, these guys do look awesome, and in my little opinion, they are great homages to Ironhide nad Rachet...........
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266303)
Posted by Rated X on July 25th, 2011 @ 5:27pm CDT
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266306)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 25th, 2011 @ 5:39pm CDT
korisifu wrote:

Anyone know the answer to this?

No idea, but I preordered the PP Seeker set back in Nov'11 and I'm still patiently awaiting the arrival of the last two figures. I knew it'd be a long wait, though, so I'm not saying anything negative.

korisifu wrote:

For that price, I've purchased their "Masterpiece" figures.

Well, iGear could choose to change the prices at any time. I preordered Bee01 & 02 for the sale of $30, and now that they are released you can still get that price.

I'm curious though about getting it cheaper. TFSource has the 3 PP jets for a lot cheaper than iGear currently has it; however, I preordered them for even cheaper, but the shipping they charged was incredibly high. I'd probably have done better with TFSource preorder and shipping all 3 together, but TFS only opened this up a few months ago.

Think about this way. I think these figures are perfect for a Classics collection. They look a lot better than the Takara/Hasbro renditions, and come with TONS of cool looking accessories. If you did not get Takara/Hasbro versions when they came out, they can be had in the secondary market for almost similar prices to what iGear is asking now... it's a judgement call, sure. But I just need to plan to spend some serious cash on these guys.
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266308)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 25th, 2011 @ 5:40pm CDT
$110. Yikes. I knew they'd be expensive but this is still a little surprising. They look really nice but I'm definitely not getting them. The minibots look cool too but I'd rather wait and see how competitive MakeToy will be.
Re: iGear PP05w Weapon Specialist, PP05m Medical Specialist, MW-01 Spray, and MW-02 Rager Pre-Orders Now Open (1266309)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 25th, 2011 @ 5:43pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I just noticed something else. On their pre order page they show Ironhide next to a G1 Optimus Prime. He towers over G1 Prime making him Voyager height. Universe Ironhide is actually shorter than G1 Prime. This kind of justifies the price, but the scale throws me off too much to purchase. Im trying to fill in gaps in my classics collection, not start a new supersized collection.

Good call, and thanks! I don't have G1 Prime out to compare to my Classics figures, but it's good to have a better approximation now. And now, better to justify prices.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Outback" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron Shining Bumblebee Targetmaster Gun Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS CODY BURNS Figure, Rescue Axe Variant 2011." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon" on EBAY