iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO

iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO

Monday, April 2nd, 2012 3:29am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 42,262

Have you been waiting eagerly and hungrily for news on iGear's upcoming Brawn and Cosmos homages, did you want to know just how much they will cost you?
Well, now you get both at the same time, iGear have updated their store with pre-order pages on both figures.
Both cost US$ 33.99 and are slated to be available on the 15.07.2012. Click the following links and or images to get to their respective pre-order pages for more information.

MW-03 Hench (Brawn)
This is 12 cm high in robot mode, which translates to 4.75 inches

MW-04 UFO (Cosmos)
This is 10 cm high in robot-mode which translates to 3.95 inches.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): iGear

This article was last modified on Monday, April 2nd, 2012 3:39am CDT

Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1364962)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 2nd, 2012 @ 3:32am CDT
Awesome, they're also just in my "still OK to buy" pricing, but I won't pre-order them now, that still has time.

I wonder what the stand for Cosmos will look like?
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1364969)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 2nd, 2012 @ 4:24am CDT
Not impressed by the new price. Does a couple extra inches really justify a 120% price increase?

Dead Metal wrote:I wonder what the stand for Cosmos will look like?

I'm assuming it's the black hexagonal base with clear arm shown in the last photo on the product listing. It looks more compact than the all black one partially shown in the first few photos.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1364975)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 2nd, 2012 @ 4:55am CDT
Those prices are absurd. Gimme a break.
:BOT:
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1364983)
Posted by KnightStrike on April 2nd, 2012 @ 5:33am CDT
Okay I haven't had my coffee yet, so at first I thought, since the previous minis have been $15 pre-orders from iGear, that $33.99 for both meant you got both for that price. After clicking the links to pre-order I came to the dawning realization that these guys just took a huge price jump. I had been waiting for these to be on order for ages, but now I don't know if I will be getting them. Their Seaspray and Huffer were great and all, but they are Legends class at best, not sure I want to pay $34 bucks a pop for figures where one is a tad over Legends and one is a tad under Scout. I know they are third party and all and have to recoup costs, but is the amount of extra plastic used really going to cause that much price increase? I assumed these would be more expensive than the previous two, but I was thinking $20-22 pre-order price range max.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1364989)
Posted by Ravage XK on April 2nd, 2012 @ 6:10am CDT
Sorry, that's too expensive for such tiny figures.

I was thinking about only collecting 3rd party figures as they have been so good of late but if the prices are going to be stupid high then I think my collecting days are over until we start seeing some new Generations/Universe stuff.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1364995)
Posted by Swindle01 on April 2nd, 2012 @ 6:27am CDT
why are these so exepensive when compared to seaspray and huffer?

did i miss something or what?
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1364996)
Posted by rpetras on April 2nd, 2012 @ 6:28am CDT
My guess is they probably lost money on the first two, hence the radical price jump to make up for it.

Unfortunately, it is a bit jarring for the customer to go from $18 to $34.

I'll still be getting these, but they are no longer the value they were.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1364998)
Posted by combiner711 on April 2nd, 2012 @ 6:33am CDT
What in the name of #@%K!!!! :BANG_HEAD: 33$ each figure?!! Mr.Wallet will be damn dead! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365009)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 2nd, 2012 @ 7:25am CDT
Wow.. If they are trying to make up for Seaspray and Huffer then they will most definitely will take a hit by raising the prices like this.. I do still plan on picking up Brawn though.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365013)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 2nd, 2012 @ 7:50am CDT
$34 each? Sorry, iGear, you lost this customer.

rpetras wrote:Unfortunately, it is a bit jarring for the customer to go from $18 to $34.

If you preordered from iGear, the first two were $15, not $18, which makes this even harder to swallow.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365017)
Posted by Matty327 on April 2nd, 2012 @ 8:08am CDT
Way too expensive, no sale.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365020)
Posted by Requiem Prime on April 2nd, 2012 @ 8:25am CDT
This forum seems to be living in an alternate reality where Perfect Effect never existed. Outside of the $30 standard they've set, most other 3P small toys compromise complexity, sculpting, and additions to make a lower price work.

I'll never know if iGear sold the first two at a loss. But I wouldn't be surprised if they raised an eyebrow when we (me and people like me) paid $5+ship more than Spray and Rager for Maketoys' 1st minibot wave, whose toys were smaller and even more limited. Is it hard not to believe they saw that and realized they could not only push a larger price they already know we'll pay, but up the scale and quality to really deserve it?

Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365022)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 2nd, 2012 @ 8:33am CDT
Requiem Prime wrote:To say you aren't going to commit is fine, but don't pretend this is a new and horrible trend that must be expunged.

Nobody suggested that. We're just saying it's too much of a price jump from $15 to $34.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365023)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 2nd, 2012 @ 8:36am CDT
These are going to be scout sized, aren't they? That helps explain the larger price.

But, yeah. It's quite the jump from $15 for guys we already have decent official versions of. But as much as I said I wasn't going to get ay of them, I did wind up getting "Huffer" and "Seaspray", so I might get these tw as well. We'll see.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365025)
Posted by Ravage XK on April 2nd, 2012 @ 8:37am CDT

Prices rise but there comes a point where they get to a tipping point where people say no more. You can have your say with your wallet.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365027)
Posted by Rated X on April 2nd, 2012 @ 8:44am CDT

On a better note, the figures look great and Im waiting for BBTS to put their pre-order us no matter what the price, Im all in.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365031)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 2nd, 2012 @ 9:18am CDT
Rated X wrote:Oh horrors the price went up 14 bucks so now I cant afford them even though I take a plane to botcon every year and blow 500 on a hotel room. :HEADHURTS:

MANY of us DO NO go to Botcon every year. Some of us never go.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365036)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 2nd, 2012 @ 9:44am CDT

Don't be a tool. These are nearly twice the price of the previous two figures. You can't debate that. I buy third party stuff pretty often too but the precedence was set by the previous figures. These are hardly marvels of engineering. So why the price hike? It can not possibly cost twice as much to produce these as before. That price is absurd.
:BOT:
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365038)
Posted by Mkall on April 2nd, 2012 @ 9:48am CDT
I honestly don't know right now if I'll be buying these at this price. Hopefully iGear will see fit to lower the price after all of our feedback.
Re: iGear Pre-orders For MW-03 Hench and MW-04 UFO (1365039)
Posted by Rated X on April 2nd, 2012 @ 9:48am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:

MANY of us DO NO go to Botcon every year. Some of us never go.

Botcon or not, the long list of people complaining about spending 34 bucks is ridiculous. I could understand if we were talking about a $120 Stepper or a $600 Hercules, but 34 bucks ??? That's the price of a Takara United figure new, which Im sure most of the people on here complaining have a couple of. :-?

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone WFC-E33 Weaponizer pack set MISB BOX T1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers centurion drone Megatron Mace Energon Cube Ravage Cage Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Trilogy - Dinobot" on EBAY
Buy "Grandslam Cassette ~ 100% Complete 1988 G1 Transformers Action Figure W/TECH" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone Pack Trailbreaker radar dish! Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone Pack G1 Ravage Cage! Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box Transformers Vs. G.I. Joe. Optimus Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Dinobot *New In Box*" on EBAY