iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime

iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime

Saturday, December 18th, 2010 8:56pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 73,763

Third-party toymaker iGear has been relatively quite lately after a flurry of releases in the first half of 2010. However, they broke that silence today with a site update and email to their customers about a new upgrade for the original, full-sized Masterpiece Convoy and Prime figures: animated-styled, replacement heads. The heads, similar to the ones iGear includes with the PP-01 line of miniature Convoy/Prime figures, are intended to give your MP Convoy/Prime, Ultra Magnus, or Nemesis (black) Prime the look of the G1 animated character. They are available for preorder on iGear's online store for $18.00 a piece or $50.00 for the set of all three. The site lists December 30th as the release date for these head updates and, as of now, they are only available on the iGear store. To view the preorders for these accessories, click HERE.

As a reminder, these products are not from Hasbro or Takara/Tomy and are not officially licensed.

Credit(s): iGear

Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158861)
Posted by Varia31 on December 18th, 2010 @ 9:09pm CST
Ooooo, pretty sweet molds. =P~ Varia likes. lol XD
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158862)
Posted by Ungie on December 18th, 2010 @ 9:18pm CST
cross yer fingas that his eyes are blue!
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158867)
Posted by Savage on December 18th, 2010 @ 9:55pm CST
I really like the look of this. I think I will have to pick one up, pending eye color and price.
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158903)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 19th, 2010 @ 5:00am CST
Great. . .now i have to buy MP prime, its not that I never wanted him, but this just makes me want him even more! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158914)
Posted by Rated X on December 19th, 2010 @ 6:14am CST
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158924)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on December 19th, 2010 @ 7:11am CST
Rated X wrote:Looks nice, but not much use unless they plan to re-issue masterpiece Prime. This figure came out before the 2007 movie so alot of collectors have never seen this figure before. Whats up with the MP coneheads ???

MP01 is being reissued, I have a preorder in already with BBTS. Supposed to ship March 2011.

And I will be most interested in this head for mine. :D
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158928)
Posted by Autobot Strider on December 19th, 2010 @ 7:40am CST
I've never really had an issue with the standard MP Prime's head... does it really look that different from the G1 Cartoon?
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158933)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 19th, 2010 @ 8:18am CST

I'm perfectly happy with my MP Prime's head. Pass =;
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158939)
Posted by RodimusAscendant on December 19th, 2010 @ 9:10am CST
Very intriguing, I may have to grab one myself. :-?
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158941)
Posted by Mkall on December 19th, 2010 @ 9:16am CST
Nice, but not needed. I'll pass thanks.
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158943)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 19th, 2010 @ 9:17am CST
I heard that this head prevents transformation on their smaller MP Prime.

So ... not too interested myself.
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1158963)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 19th, 2010 @ 10:12am CST
What would be the point of placing a head sculpt with less detail on a MP figure? Strikes me as "dumbing down" a brilliantly done design. Definite pass on this one.
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1159010)
Posted by GEEWUN on December 19th, 2010 @ 12:05pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I think this head looks less like Prime's head. his antennae didn't stick out like that!

I'm perfectly happy with my MP Prime's head. Pass =;

I personally like MP's original head better myself: Image

honestly I think the original is more cartoon accurate too:

Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1159071)
Posted by RodimusAscendant on December 19th, 2010 @ 4:12pm CST
The alternate head is more reminiscent of Japanese images.
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1159160)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 19th, 2010 @ 9:47pm CST
This looks pretty cool but it isn't a big enough difference from the original and I'm not displeased with the original. Bring on Kup's head!
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1159333)
Posted by zodconvoy on December 20th, 2010 @ 9:32am CST
Yeah, I'm not spending $20 to make my MP looks like a knock off. In Headmasters (the only straight Japanese show Optimus was actually in) they used the American mold sheet so this is what fan art accurate? Or were they trying to capture the look of the animation errors in "Call of the Primitives"?

Fail.
Pass.
It's schwarbage.
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1159466)
Posted by Kibble on December 20th, 2010 @ 3:31pm CST
Happy to say I don't think this is an improvement...
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1159467)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 20th, 2010 @ 3:33pm CST
GEEWUN wrote:

I'm perfectly happy with my MP Prime's head. Pass =;

I personally like MP's original head better myself: Image

honestly I think the original is more cartoon accurate too:

You're 100% right. It is more accurate.
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1159607)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 20th, 2010 @ 6:39pm CST
I can see why some people might not really be into a head like this, but I like it. Adds just a little bit of flare to his character sculpt instead of the simple stoic blockiness. Plus it looks alot like the character model used for the Call of the Future game, which is actually one of my favorite elements about that game; the models used for all the characters and the way they all Transform.

Sadly I don't have an MP prime to put something like this on, but it would probably just stand out too much against the rest of his bricky body anyway.
Re: iGear's Latest Product: Animated Heads For Masterpiece Convoy / Prime (1164837)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 3rd, 2011 @ 6:35am CST
A few weeks ago, we let you know that third party toymaker iGear was planning to release new head accessories for your Masterpiece Convoy/Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Black Convoy. At the time, the head we showed you was a prototype leaving many to question whether the coloring would be correct for the final versions. Well, wonder no more: iGear has updated their online store with new images of all three heads in full color.

As a reminder, the heads will cost $18 dollars for one or can be purchased in a set for $50 dollars. Their release date is listed as next week, 1/10/2011.

To view the pre-orders, click HERE.

The images above are mirrored from the iGear Toys online store.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner wars Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Kidrobot Transformers vs. GI Joe Vinyl Lot Snake Eyes, Destro, Scarlet +++" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse: Turbine Thrash Windblade Scout Class New in Package" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1986 Transformers G1 Aerialbot AIR RAID TORQUE RIFLE Weapon Nice Shape" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Figurines Megatron Optimus Prime Autobot Alpha Trion (0023)" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons COMPLETE BRUTICUS" on EBAY