iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm

iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm

Monday, April 25th, 2011 11:07am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,473

If you didn't pay close attention to the latest newsletter from site sponsor TFSource you may have missed this little morsel of news. iGear is planning on releasing a Sunstorm version of their modified MP Seeker mold. The preorder is using a placeholder image of a classic KO Sunstorm for reference, but the description clearly states this will be a limited release version in scale with the of their PP03 fighter team. The figure is listed for $99.95 and scheduled for release in August/September.

Description:

Note: Piece will be to scale and the same size as the other PP03A, E and J. Picture shown is just for color reference.

Next up from iGear is PP03S Storm! A limited edition, we will update with updated prototype pictures when available.
Product Features:

* 1 x PP03S - Storm
* Case Fresh from a Factory Sealed Case

Credit(s): TFSource, Prime Evil

Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213743)
Posted by It Is Him on April 25th, 2011 @ 12:03pm CDT
Obvious repaint is obvious.
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213766)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on April 25th, 2011 @ 1:01pm CDT
Easily my favorite seeker! I'll be getting him and any others they choose to make.Crossing fingers for a complete set of rainmakers (Acidstorm must be in his IDW pallet). I want a generic and lagoon Starscream would be nice! I'd love an all clear Starscream to send Frenzy_Rumble for his take on Masterpiece Midwarp Skywarp. Can't wait
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213771)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 25th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CDT
These MP Seekers are useless to me right now.
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213784)
Posted by Rated X on April 25th, 2011 @ 1:54pm CDT

Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213786)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 25th, 2011 @ 2:04pm CDT
Rated X wrote: But props to I-Gear once again for grabbing the bull by rhe horns. GIT-R-DONE !!!

Still trying to ruffle a few feathers I see.

I could go for some new MP Dinobots but I don't see it happening…ever.
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213788)
Posted by It Is Him on April 25th, 2011 @ 2:09pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:I could go for some new MP Dinobots but I don't see it happening…ever.

iGear doesn't have the talent to pull something like that off.
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213789)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 25th, 2011 @ 2:10pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:

iGear doesn't have the talent to pull something like that off.

Unless someone did it first ;)
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213818)
Posted by DavidT on April 25th, 2011 @ 3:08pm CDT
Does anyone know if BBTS will be getting these igear seekers???
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213892)
Posted by Cascadia on April 25th, 2011 @ 5:29pm CDT
As far as I know, only TFSource has these Seekers.
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213898)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 25th, 2011 @ 5:36pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:No, this is a repaint of their MP Seeker KO. TFSource is just using an image of the KOToys.com Henkei Sunstorm here

Neither of the KOToys Sunstorms look like this.

If it's an MP Seeker then it's okay. If it's just the Classics upsized, it's totally lame and I wonder why they bothered. Either way I don't really want it.
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213954)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on April 25th, 2011 @ 8:02pm CDT
Rated X wrote:This is great but I probally wont get it. Ive decided that MP is out of scale with the rest of my classics collection. My MP Starscream, His MP Ghost, and MP Skywarp are kept on a totally separate cabinet due to their size. No more space. Now if we could get the other Dinobots thats a dufferent story since the scale is perfect to go with classics.

My thoughts exactly.
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1213965)
Posted by ZenPrime on April 25th, 2011 @ 8:21pm CDT
DavidT wrote:Does anyone know if BBTS will be getting these igear seekers???

Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1214010)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on April 25th, 2011 @ 9:30pm CDT
Im taking back everything I said about how iGear was ripping people off with a 100$ deluxe.
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1214019)
Posted by Rated X on April 25th, 2011 @ 9:40pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:

Still trying to ruffle a few feathers I see.

I could go for some new MP Dinobots but I don't see it happening…ever.

Well like I said in the past, I collect G1 characters. Its not my fault if the respective copyright owner is sitting on his ass with rescue robots on his brain.

But you gotta admit MP Dinobots would be awesome ;)
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1214048)
Posted by Kibble on April 25th, 2011 @ 10:40pm CDT
ZenPrime wrote:I doubt it, BBTS will not stock the iGear Seekers due to it infringing on TT/Hasbro's figures. That's what I was told by BBTS customer service when I inquired about if they will put up pre-orders for the seekers.

I was surprised to see TFsource carrying these, honestly...
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1214050)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on April 25th, 2011 @ 10:44pm CDT
Out of curiosity, do you guys who take jabs at iGear own any iGear products?
From the PP 01 series I've got:
Optimus Prime
Ultra Magnus
SG Optimus Prime
Nemesis Prime
Clear Optimus Prime
Gold Optimus Prime
Silver Optimus Prime

Are they scaled down MP Optimus Primes? Absolutely.
Does that bother me? Not one bit.

The quality control is amazing. Seriously. My favorite part you ask? The chest panels line up perfectly. Every one of my MP Optimus Primes have misaligned chest panels. They aren't weighed down with diecast, I can pose them however I want. They don't feel cheap, they feel like quality, tested and perfected transformers. This company, like KOToys, is producing figures for collectors who feel that Has Tak isnt giving them what they need.

The market doesn't want coneheads, it wants Bumblebees. Transformers fans who have been with the franchise since before the movies hit theaters are the customers iGear is selling to. No kid that jumped on in 2007 knows who Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet were. These figures are for guys like me. They fill a void in my collection, they do so perfectly.
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1214054)
Posted by Kibble on April 25th, 2011 @ 10:56pm CDT
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1214055)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 25th, 2011 @ 10:58pm CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Out of curiosity, do you guys who take jabs at iGear own any iGear products?
From the PP 01 series I've got:
Optimus Prime
Ultra Magnus
SG Optimus Prime
Nemesis Prime
Clear Optimus Prime
Gold Optimus Prime
Silver Optimus Prime

Are they scaled down MP Optimus Primes? Absolutely.
Does that bother me? Not one bit.

I own the Kup replacement head and the IG-001Wreckers Leader upgrade for City Commander. Like you said, great quality and excellent pieces. But, that isn't really the debate that has been going on. It's not that iGear doesn't put out quality items, it's not that they fill "voids" left in people's collections, it is how they go about doing it. Had iGear created their own mold and used some originality for the MP seekers, most of the people that don't care for them wouldn't have a problem. Now there are some who don't want anything to do with 3rd party companies in general. Like Seibs himself said, in theory they are all "stealing" from HasTak and he is correct. Personally, I'll buy 3rd party items that are original and of good quality regardless of the manufactuer. IGear has proven they can make decent sets without having to con ideas. That is what they need to focus on.
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1214059)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 25th, 2011 @ 11:03pm CDT
Kibble wrote:I have the Kup heads and Arcee... The Kup heads are nice and I was very impressed with the low cost of those. I'm especially glad I didn't buy KO Prime with the upcoming release of MP-10, though.

I'm glad of that as well but I'm not sure I'll be able to afford MP-10 either :lol:
And the Arcee iGear distributes will be mine..
Re: iGear's PP03S Seeker Storm (1214063)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on April 25th, 2011 @ 11:14pm CDT
not 100% sure i want him...Sunstorm is my second favorite seeker, first being Skywarp, then Sunstorm, then Dirge...Thundercracker, Starscream...then the rest are just jumbled together lol I actually really like Dirges colors and look in the iGear but the politics of it and the price...make me shy away. If I can get a really nice MP Sunstorm then I am up for it. I really juts want to see full pics of him. Cause MP-10 is in September as well.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY