Monday, May 25th, 2009 9:54am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 25,716

Simon Plumbe, co-creator of Auto Assembly, has posted some info and a new image of the upcoming Auto Assembly 2009 comic book.

The book shows Grimlock in all his glory standing amongst attendees of the UK Convention. One of the coolest kicks of the cover is Gregg Berger, the original voice of Grimlock, looks to be staring up at his Dinobot counterpart. Below are the details he had to share:

Hi everyone,

As you know, we previewed the inks to the convention exclusive comic for Auto Assembly 2009 recently when we were interviewed over at Transformers@TheMoon. Since then, many people have wanted to know what the finished cover for our convention exclusive variant cover to IDW's All Hail Megatron Issue 13 is going to look like. Well, the wait is over...

Adding the finishing touch to Nick Roche's pencils is the fantastic colours of Liam Shalloo to bring you this fantastic tribute to Jurassic Park and featuring Grimlock (both of whom will be attending the convention and who can sign the comic for those of you who buy it along with G1 voice actor Gregg Berger)! The comic is being produced for Auto Assembly 2009 by Apocalypse Comics and will be available during the convention weekend from their table. Sales will limited to a maximum of just TWO per attendee while stocks last as there are only 1,000 copies being printed of this book!

Auto Assembly 2009 is set to be a record-breaking convention for European Transformers fans and this is one convention you don't want to miss!

Simon
Auto Assembly

Auto Assembly

Credit(s): Simon Plumbe, Auto Assembly

Re: Image of Auto Assembly 2009 Exclusive Comic (926390)
Posted by phoenixsword on May 25th, 2009 @ 10:37am CDT
Jurassic Park Homage! Sweet! Maybe a pack of Dinobots will come by! :D
Re: Image of Auto Assembly 2009 Exclusive Comic (926405)
Posted by Cryo Prime on May 25th, 2009 @ 11:07am CDT
should have had him fighting some transmetal raptor clones lol
Re: Image of Auto Assembly 2009 Exclusive Comic (926411)
Posted by phoenixsword on May 25th, 2009 @ 11:25am CDT
Cryo Prime wrote:should have had him fighting some transmetal raptor clones lol

I can see it now:

Jurassic Park: Cybertron Cut
Re: Image of Auto Assembly 2009 Exclusive Comic (926463)
Posted by genozaur on May 25th, 2009 @ 1:08pm CDT
that aint idw grimlock that's cybertron beast wars megatron's beast character model posing in grimlocks colors
Re: Image of Auto Assembly 2009 Exclusive Comic (926611)
Posted by Energon on May 25th, 2009 @ 7:15pm CDT
Thanks for sharing the cover art with us here at Seibertron.com.

That sure looks like a beast wars bot to me too. Why is there a comic that is number 13 in the series as an exclusive for a convention? A number 1 maybe, but unlucky 13, yuck.

Why does it say Mick Roche instead of Nick, or is my computer screen messed up? Is Nick really Mick back home?

To the right of that large human head of the guy wearing the crown on his shirt is a small dude the height of the head. Does he appear to be wearing a white cast on his leg or is that a dog or what?

The overweight guy in costume with the exposed belly button is pretty funny. Is he a regular at the con or is he just made up?

What is up with the dark batlike cape in the upper right corner?
----

I heard that IDW was going to introduce their next series with the last of AHM. I am hoping it is not beast wars after seeing this cover. I hadn't purchased an AHM after issue #2. I gave it a chance. I am not at all a BW fan so I will keep my fingers crossed that this cover is not an omen.
Re: Image of Auto Assembly 2009 Exclusive Comic (926746)
Posted by Simes on May 26th, 2009 @ 5:35am CDT
Energon wrote:Thanks for sharing the cover art with us here at Seibertron.com.

What is up with the dark batlike cape in the upper right corner?
----

Nick Roche has done G1 Grimlock in that style for IDW before (don't ask me what comic though!). In terms of the content, it's all G1 but the cover (and inclusion of Grimlock) it's been done specifically to link in with the convention (as Gregg Berger is one of our two guests of honour - the "guy in the crown t-shirt!"). The main reference to the comic content can be seen in the background with the Prime / Ironhide poster linking in with Simon Furman's lead story.

As for the cosplayer, we've never had a Grimlock but we did have a Soundwave and Shockwave last year so who knows...! :D
Re: Image of Auto Assembly 2009 Exclusive Comic (926751)
Posted by Arraitchgee on May 26th, 2009 @ 6:19am CDT
I can imagine Gregg Berger saying something like "No, me Grimlock king."
Re: Image of Auto Assembly 2009 Exclusive Comic (926797)
Posted by Energon on May 26th, 2009 @ 9:25am CDT
Simes wrote:As for the comic being Issue 13, originally AHM #13 was going to be CODA #1 which is what we were hoping to have as a convention exclusive but when IDW changed their numbering it kinda messed with our plans a bit. We still needed to run with a new book coming out close to the convention so it was either AHM #13 (which features two self-contained stories that could be read separate to AHM and one being written by Auto Assembly stalwart Simon Furman) or Spotlight Metroplex. AHM #13 seemed to be the logical choice!

The exclusive comic makes much more sense now. Things don't always turn out as planned. IDW is good at changing things at the last minute.

I got to meet Gregg Berger last year at TFCon in Toronto. He has a superb speaking voice. He is also the voice of our local Public Broadcasting Station (in Florida), great guy all around.

Simon Furman and Nick Roche are my favorite team. You have a good con lined up.

I saw the Shockwave photos from last year, cosplay is a lot of fun. It is nice to see people take the time to make these things.

Thanks for clearing that up about the comic.
Re: Image of Auto Assembly 2009 Exclusive Comic (926800)
Posted by Simes on May 26th, 2009 @ 9:31am CDT
My pleasure!

I haven't met Gregg before, but we've been emailing each other for a while now and talking online and he seems to be a really great guy and I can't wait to meet him!

Sadly Simon Furman won't be joining us this year as he's got a family wedding in Sweden the same weekend(!), but he is still going to be involved in the convention as he's writing the script for us for our script performance on the Saturday night so that should be a blast!

I'm hoping that those guys come along in costume again and we get more people doing the same. Don't think I'd ever be brave enough to... hell, it's taking me enough encouragement to attempt my first ever kitbash soon! lol

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY