Friday, October 18th, 2019 1:47pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,150

We haven't heard much of Takara's Legendary Nemesis Prime toy since it was first revealed. For starters, it is out now and even though it is a 7-Eleven exclusive in Japan, North American collectible stores are reselling it on their sites, like BBTS who is selling it for $143. The fact that some fans have already received theirs means we get our first look at the packaging. We have a photo below which comes from Rookbartley who posted it on the TFW boards. For those that may be confused, this is a redeco of the leader class mold that was also only released by Takara. It's was a new mold based on the design of Age of Extinction Evasion mode Optimus Prime with new design elements and transformation steps.

Transformers News: Images of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now

Credit(s): Rookbartley

Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2042275)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 18th, 2019 @ 4:18pm CDT
143$US for this...

Botcon-Funpub flashbacks
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2042277)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 18th, 2019 @ 4:23pm CDT
I'm waiting on the Japanese exclusive one-step Volkswagen bumblebee.
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2044945)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 17th, 2019 @ 7:06pm CST
Went to TJMaxx today, and look what I found for $10. Was a pleasant surprise, and i picked him up. He is pretty nice, really needed some leg movement, but he's alright and a good standin until they eventually do a SS figure. I frikkin love the 2nd face though

Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2044947)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 17th, 2019 @ 7:20pm CST
With the holidays right around the corner, it is about time for Transformers to start showing up en masse in every store that will take them, some of them new, some of them old. And the old would be what was found today.

Thanks to yours truly, we have news that several items from the Bumblebee movie toyline have made their way to TJMaxx/Marshalls. TJMaxx/Marshalls are discount stores that usually take in older overstock and sell it for a reduced price compared to other stores. Among the items found at TJMaxx this afternoon was the Nitro Series Blitzwing, the roughly voyager-sized figure of Blitzwing that comes with the engine block to power your figures. He was found for $9.99. Sharing the shelf with him were the Bumblebee arm cannon interactive play item and the DJ Bumblebee figure.

The final item found was an oddity: a Bumblebee Movie Voice Changer Mask Sqweeks. Much like other kids voice-changer masks, this helmet is designed to be wore by kids and speak, using Sqweek's voice. This is such an oddity since this mask was featured in The Last Knight marketing, and also made its way into the Bumblebee toyline, but received very little mention in any media, and it appears that it sat and is now making its way to the discount stores.

So with these sightings in mind, keep an eye on your discount stores, and let us know what you find!

Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2044970)
Posted by EmoTim on November 18th, 2019 @ 3:22am CST
If anyone's interested in the Sqweeks mask, they are on clearance at Walmart for $8.99.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... /486057622

Update 12/2/2019 - Now at $6.99.
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2044983)
Posted by william-james88 on November 18th, 2019 @ 8:39am CST
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2045005)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 18th, 2019 @ 6:14pm CST
william-james88 wrote:I didn't even know they reissued that mask for the BB movie (or maybe I did but forgot).

I didn't know they reissued this either, it was a surprise, and I could not find it in our news posts either
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2091440)
Posted by william-james88 on January 3rd, 2021 @ 5:23pm CST

Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2091445)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 3rd, 2021 @ 5:42pm CST
william-james88 wrote:I hope you will all pardon this thread resurection but I got into a good discussion about the VW licence and wanted to continue it. The Bumblebee movie really opened the floodgates with that licence. Sure, we already had the MP (the first ever VW Licenced BB toy) but this movie just gave us a truckload. We got the studio series, the MP, the giant eletrocnic one and even a licenced Tiny Turbo changer, to name a few.

The first MP Bumblebee is fantastic. I just got it, but I really like the Netflix Bee too.
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2091449)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 3rd, 2021 @ 6:05pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

The MP Bee is really good, I didn't handle the subsequent releases. But the Netflix version is pretty much the same size and looks just like it, but at a better price. I was disappointed with the 1st SS Bee I didn't bother getting any of the others, VW or Camaro. (Plus I never liked the character and I thought the Bee movie was crap.)

My question is: did VW give Hasbro a license for all Bee figures, or do they approve them as they get made? Like, Hasbro makes a prototype and if VW likes it they approve it, or they just tell them for a price they can slap the VW logo on whatever they want?
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2091457)
Posted by william-james88 on January 3rd, 2021 @ 6:29pm CST
Since this is a movie thread, I was referring to the movie MP VW bumblebee

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Has ... B07D4WNG61
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2091469)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 3rd, 2021 @ 9:14pm CST
william-james88 wrote:And it got me wondering, of all of those, were there any good toys? I ask because the SS volkswagen Bee was not great and I never handled the MP, nor that giant eletronic one with the ball in the middle.

The MP never interested me because it's not movie accurate at all and I can't forgive that backpack after the magic they did with the previous MPM Camaro Bee. The 3P offerrings are not perfect, but they proves it could be done. The only SS Bee I ever bothered getting was Old Camaro Bee and it's trash.

Ironically, I bought the giant VW Bee with the ball in it's chest because it didn't pretended to be movie accurate and looked like a ton of fun. And yes, it is! He's fun to transform, have nice gimmicks, and look amazing next to my other gimmicky giant beez, Battle Ops Gold and BH Stealth Bee.

If you can hunt down a used one for cheap, he's totally worth it.

Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2091473)
Posted by TulioDude on January 3rd, 2021 @ 10:03pm CST

Speed series Bumblebee is a joy to handle.He is a updated version of idea of the original G1 toy.

Accurate or not,the Masterpiece version is a beautiful toy.

The toys like the Nitro series,Power Plus series,Turbo Changer and Power Charge are all solid toys.There is nothing inherently wrong with them.
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2091489)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 4th, 2021 @ 8:22am CST
The Masterpiece is a pretty fun toy, bit finnicky to transform, but the robot mode is really fun and you can do a lot with it.

the legion sized Bee was also good, I love the little guy
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2092949)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on January 17th, 2021 @ 1:02pm CST

SGM
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2092951)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 17th, 2021 @ 1:18pm CST
SGMLordMirage wrote:I recently dug this guy out. Cannot believe the lights and sounds still work. It’s been in storage since 2011, so the batteries have held up. I bought him in a toy store when I was stationed in Germany in the mid 2000s.

SGM

I just ordered a Ultimate Bee myself. Missing missile unfortunately, but I won it for dirt cheap. The shipping wasn't unfortunately.

Cant wait to finally try this big boy out!
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2092979)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on January 17th, 2021 @ 7:46pm CST
Thats good. I think i only transformed mine once into vehicle mode. Pretty good size actually for the vehicle mode. Otherwise, he has been in robot mode. He is cool, given all the sounds and movement he has. Hopefully you can find the missile, he does automatically shoot it, when your going through the sounds.
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2093009)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 18th, 2021 @ 6:30am CST
That's a big boy right there! And one of the few movie Bees I do not have. I've wanted to get one, but not pressing, I'll get there when I get there.

Batteries were impressive in some of the OG movie toys. My Nightwatch Optimus Prime had batteries that worked up until 2 years ago, and I used the lights and sound ALOT on him
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2093012)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 18th, 2021 @ 6:38am CST
The only big Movie Bee I'll be missing is the DOTM leader.

I'll keep an eye out for a good listing.
Re: Image of Box for Takara 7-Eleven Exclusive Legendary Nemesis Prime Who is Also Out Now (2093015)
Posted by william-james88 on January 18th, 2021 @ 6:50am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:The only big Movie Bee I'll be missing is the DOTM leader.

I'll keep an eye out for a good listing.

I didn't know, I was sure you had it. I had 2 and sold 1.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS COLLECTOR CLUB FISITRON TIMELINES 2011 Bot-Con RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm C0934 15”" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon G2 Starscream Tfcc Collectors Club" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Machines RATTRAP Mega- Hasbro 2001 - New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Omega Supreme new and sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon Cyberverse Lunar Ratchet ONLY DOTM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TFCC Collector's Club Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON NETFLIX SPARKLESS SEEKER BATTLE 3-PACK IN HAND!!" on EBAY