Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature

Transformers News: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature

Sunday, August 11th, 2019 7:42AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,493

Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034086)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 11th, 2019 @ 7:45am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Movie-verse Optimus Prime knows to go for the head, as seen in many occasions where the fight ends in decapitation or faces getting ripped off or heads exploding. And now, you can recreate one of his first onscreen decapitations with a pretty cool feature on Transformers Studio Series voyager Bonecrusher. Bonecrusher's face is purposefully removable. It lifts right off the balljoint connector. The eyes are still connected to the balljoint connector, so be sure to take some care when removing it so that you don't damage the eye pieces. Thanks to Seibertronians Carnivius Prime and Evasionmodebumblebee, we were made aware of this and got an image to show you since even though the toy has been out for a while, many were not aware of this feature.

Ah cool but no need to credit me. I just got the info off TFWiki but couldn't find images of it and I still don't yet own the figure myself. Thanks to EMB for the quick figure pic though so I could see what it's like. And yeah it's a lil extra feature. :)

:michaelbay:
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034087)
Posted by Randomhero on August 11th, 2019 @ 7:46am CDT
This has been documented on the wiki for months
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034089)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 11th, 2019 @ 7:48am CDT
Randomhero wrote:This has been documented on the wiki for months

Yeah I did mention that in the first post about it. :P It's just still not common knowledge apparently that the figure does that and I had not seen it before and talking to a lot of the people I follow on twitter and instagram and such they weren't aware either even many of them owning the figure. So it's nice to know. :P

transformers-studio-series-discussion-new-2018-movie-line--t110126s6250.php#p2034003

In addition to birthday money I got, I also won £30 on lottery last night. Maybe I should use some and finally get Boney. :michaelbay:
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034090)
Posted by william-james88 on August 11th, 2019 @ 7:52am CDT
Randomhero wrote:This has been documented on the wiki for months

no pics though
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034092)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 11th, 2019 @ 7:56am CDT
Bonecrusher's true face.. That rectuangular hole looks like a mouth. :P
1565526983-give-me-your-face.jpeg
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034098)
Posted by Randomhero on August 11th, 2019 @ 9:23am CDT
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034110)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 11th, 2019 @ 11:39am CDT
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034111)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 11th, 2019 @ 11:45am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:But why have the head assembled that way? Seems like a bit more trouble then needed.

Yeah with the eyes like that it's similar to how they assemble heads that have light piping in but this doesn't, and those tend to have a screw go through so you can't easily just take it off without unscrewing. Again this doesn't. So to me this seems designed to be removable as a nice lil easter egg to his death.
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034113)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 11th, 2019 @ 12:45pm CDT
Unfortunately I won't be getting DOTM Prime in time, so I'll be working on painting/modding it around Christmas later this year.

However, I did have something else arrrive!

"Ironhide, catch!"
Intro1.jpg

"Wha-"
intro2.jpg

*THUD*
intro3.jpg

I'm working on adding some paint, but I'm having a blast with the new parts!

Mexican Standoff.jpg

IronhidevCrowbar.jpg

I mainly got the kit for the rifles, but the other parts are also very welcome. The only issue I'm having with it is that the back of the truck doesn't want to tab together anymore, so I'll have to look more into that.
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034114)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 11th, 2019 @ 12:54pm CDT
That sequence of photos made me smile. Particularly the 'thud' one. :D
Had that set for a while now. Before most people actually. Cos an eBay listing Buy It Now appeared with it already attached to an Ironhide so I leapt on it and it turned out to be the very exact one I had actually watched a review of just a few days before. It was youtuber Benscollectables' Ironhide. It was still complete with box and all that (with the old parts now in the DNA box). I swapped which parts I needed with my own Ironhide that I had painted some parts on then sold the spare un-DNA'd Ironhide on eBay and kept my lovely improved one. The front bumper really makes a world of difference to his shape and more dynamic posing. The guns and improved articulation in feet are all great but it was the bumper that I so very much wanted. :)

D4_fmG4X4AE5SMa.jpg

D64Kc4QWwAAshl4.jpg

D64KeFJWsAMhksh.jpg

D8x-VXkW4AAYJCV.jpg
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034119)
Posted by Asepticon on August 11th, 2019 @ 2:09pm CDT
But in the movie, he takes his whole head off, not just part of the face.
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034120)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 11th, 2019 @ 2:22pm CDT

Anyways I'm off for an early night cos I'm getting up early tomorrow on my birthday to go wait outside at 5:30am for my lift to airport to fly up to the Edinburgh Fringe for a day and night to go spend the day with my am dram group who are up there performing a couple shows. Hm, there's a Forbidden Planet in Edinburgh and it's right close to the castle I'll be going to on the Tuesday morning. Hopefully they'll have some Transformers I be looking for. :D

Anyways take care, folks. And enjoy your Transformers. til all are one and such. :D

:michaelbay: GoodBay! :P
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034121)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 11th, 2019 @ 2:30pm CDT
Happy birthday for tomorrow! Hope you have a fun time in Edinburgh (fantastic place) and good luck on the hunt.
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034134)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2019 @ 4:51pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:kinda wished i'd never said antyhing now. Didn't expect it to go on this much. Just wanted a pic of what TFwiki had written. :P
Went ahead this morning and added a reference link to the original source for that tidbit on Bonecrusher's Wiki page.

Didn't know someone had actually added it to the page. Had I known, I would have added the source link a long time ago. :oops:
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034136)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 11th, 2019 @ 5:01pm CDT
Asepticon wrote:But in the movie, he takes his whole head off, not just part of the face.

Prime stabs him under his chin straight thru/upwards so it's a face removal rather than a straight up decapitation from the looks of it.
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034144)
Posted by Deadput on August 11th, 2019 @ 6:40pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:

Having watched the film several times and the clip just now I can say it was most if not all of the head, most apparent when Bonecrusher's head falls down it looks mostly whole and spherical and it rolls.

I don't think his head would be rolling if it was a face decapitation.
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034147)
Posted by Stargrave on August 11th, 2019 @ 7:08pm CDT
Scored Hightower today and what an awesome ugly little bot. I love this thing it reminds me of Zod from GoBots for some reason. He’s like a twisted little scorpion. And Devastator is going to be enormous. Wow.
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034151)
Posted by Stargrave on August 11th, 2019 @ 7:47pm CDT
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034152)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 11th, 2019 @ 7:53pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:Unless there’s a scene I’m forgetting this is probably a sign to take it easy on SS faces...how does this just happen when we’re talking about faces???

Long Haul got the same treatment somewhere in the movie I can't remember: supposedly that's how Igor was made :lol:
Re: Image of Studio Series Bonecrusher Undocumented Decapitation Feature (2034165)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 11th, 2019 @ 10:28pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:I still don’t think this is an actual feature. It’s more like “this is how the head is assembled isn’t it kinda like how he dies in the movies?” Especially since if you’re not careful you can break the eyes taking it off. Once I got bonecrusher I did this and it felt more like I was just disassembling my toy. Especially considering there’s no detail like say that Fallen toy where there’s bits and a skull under behind the face

Yeah, I don't really buy it. By this logic, hundreds of figures have undocumented features for removable arms, legs, heads, wings etc.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #235 - Pre-Holidaze
"Pre-Holidaze"
Posted: Sunday, November 24th, 2019

Buy "Transformers AoE Drift, Crosshairs, Hot Shot 3lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-28 Hot Rodimus Hot Rod w/ collectors coin! US Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Cyber Battalion Series SHOCKWAVE Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS SKRAPNEL BEAST SERIES 1 FIGURE MINT IN SEALED PACKAGE!!" on EBAY
Buy "2 Transformers Last Knight Megatron and Skullitron TRU exclusives both are facto" on EBAY
Buy "Insecticon Skrapnel RT T23 - Transformers Trading Card Game TCG" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Deluxe: Thundercracker Action Figure" on EBAY