Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave

Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave

Wednesday, October 19th, 2016 8:44am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,458

Masterpiece MP-29 Shockwave is being reissued by Hasbro Asia and as with the reissue of MP Ironhide, Shockwave comes with a die cast accessory. In Shockwave's case, it's a die cast Megatron in gun mode and we finally have a good look at it thanks to Hobby Base. It is a monochrome die cast gun, different from the Masterpiece Megatron Gun accessory that was previously released with various other toys (ex: MP Soundwave).
This reissue is coming next month and can be preordered at most online retailers, for about $170, except for those that only carry Japanese products, since this is not a Japanese release.

Enjoy the new images!

Transformers News: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave

Credit(s): hobbybase

Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1834678)
Posted by Relic0037 on October 19th, 2016 @ 8:56am CDT
I'm waiting to see if they glue an orange tip on the end of the barrel.
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1834679)
Posted by Deathsanras on October 19th, 2016 @ 8:59am CDT
I wish they had have kept the coins.
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1834683)
Posted by william-james88 on October 19th, 2016 @ 9:15am CDT
Deathsanras wrote:I wish they had have kept the coins.

Shockwave already came with the coin:

http://www.agesthreeandup.com/mp-29-mas ... wave-coin/

Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1834686)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 19th, 2016 @ 9:20am CDT
Did Shockwave ever wield Megatron in gun mode? I don't remember his doing so.

Also, something I never noticed about the figure's packaging until now is a name discrepency between the Latin script and the Katakana. While the Latin script writes his name as "Destron Laserwave", the specific Katakana characters that correlate with his name write it instead as just "Laserwave". The word "Destron" is included, but not as a part of his name. It is included separately from his name in the usual placement that simply denotes a MP's faction. Therefore, while the Latin script might have had Trademark issues in using just "Laserwave", the Katakana evidently did not.
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1834692)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 19th, 2016 @ 9:43am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Did Shockwave ever wield Megatron in gun mode? I don't remember his doing so.

Only Soundwave, Starscream, Skywarp, Optimus Prime and Autobot Spike.

Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1834750)
Posted by BumbleDouche on October 19th, 2016 @ 1:24pm CDT
You bastards! Why must you torture us after we've already purchased & own a Shockwave?!
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1834754)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 19th, 2016 @ 1:54pm CDT

:???:

That's Takara or Hb problem right? And since this is an Asian release, no problem with this TM non issues.
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1834792)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 19th, 2016 @ 6:02pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:

:???:

The packaging is the same Takara packaging as the original release. The name difference between the Katakana and Latin script is just something I only just now noticed.
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1834865)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 19th, 2016 @ 11:43pm CDT
i would have thought putting megatron gun mode in a guitar case would have been cool
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1843620)
Posted by Spanbauer on November 27th, 2016 @ 5:30pm CST

I'm really surprised no 3rd party has offered a better-fitting solution to achieve the same goal. Still holding out hope we'll get a toy-accurate repaint of Shockwave at some point that does away with the grotesque lavender plastic and grey matte parts.

IMG_7392.JPG
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1843624)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 27th, 2016 @ 5:53pm CST
Spanbauer wrote:I'm usually one to shy away from customizations, but this one is temporary so I can always undo it later on. One of the things that drives me nuts about Takara-Tomy's Masterpiece Shockwave is the garbage light-pipe eye; while great in theory, 95% of the time the eye just looks like a dull lime green as the yellow mixes with purple and no light passes through the back. So I popped out the eye, and in keeping with the original G1 toy, just found a reflective metallic surface to replace it with. In my case I used the copper end of an old RCA cable. Works great, and now the eye looks great no matter the lighting conditions.

IMG_7392.JPG

But the back of the head is now left open right? Why not paint over the clear plastic with something like chrome gold or something?
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1843629)
Posted by sol magnus on November 27th, 2016 @ 6:16pm CST
Cyberpath wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
sol magnus wrote:I still have a faint glimmer of hope for a new Megatron.
Your are not alone friend.

I was thinking and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new Megatron and a new Grimlock (or an up-scaled MP-8) next year for the TFTM 30th Anniversary.

As prominent characters in the movie and the only pre-MP-10 figures left to re-do.

MP-1 & 4 → MP-10

MP-2 → MP-22

MP-3 → MP-11

MP-5 → X

MP-6 → MP-11SW

MP-7 → MP-11T

MP-8 → X

MP-9 (HR / RP) → MP-28 (HR)

HA!
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1843631)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 27th, 2016 @ 6:18pm CST

MP-29 has the single best light-piping gimmick I've ever seen. It's enough to just put him in front of a white wall and the thing lights up.

Even when the room is in darkness and only the TV or computer screen is on, his eye glows..

Do you display him under a low shelf or wall cabinet? That would probably block the light.

Maybe Nonnef will come up with an opaque replacement piece.

Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1843634)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 27th, 2016 @ 6:21pm CST
sol magnus wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
sol magnus wrote:I still have a faint glimmer of hope for a new Megatron.
Your are not alone friend.

MP-1 & 4 → MP-10

MP-2 → MP-22

MP-3 → MP-11

MP-5 → X

MP-6 → MP-11SW

MP-7 → MP-11T

MP-8 → X

MP-9 (HR / RP) → MP-28 (HR)

HA!

:))
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1843644)
Posted by Spanbauer on November 27th, 2016 @ 7:25pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:

IMG_7392.JPG

True, the back of the head is open, but that doesn't bother me. I wanted a temporary fix in the event a toy-accurate repaint of the Shockwave mold is ever released, in which case i'd sell this version.

Cyberpath wrote:I'm a little surprised to read that. (Although Seibertron complained about it, too.)

Maybe Nonnef will come up with an opaque replacement piece.

Yeah on my shelf, no light enters the eye. Even off the shelf, for me it almost always looks dull lime green (like in the photo) unless I deliberatelty hold him up to the light.
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1847289)
Posted by Deathsanras on December 15th, 2016 @ 5:14am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Deathsanras wrote:I wish they had have kept the coins.

Shockwave already came with the coin:

http://www.agesthreeandup.com/mp-29-mas ... wave-coin/

I know. Like I said, I wish they'd kept it.
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1848657)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 24th, 2016 @ 1:55am CST
An interesting custom by @I_Leo_gaming featuring the toy deco :

It wouldn't surprise me to see something like this from Takara, because they still haven't used the MP-29 mold for anything else than the original release.

Looks like he's carrying the Astro Magnum / Galactic Man gun.
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1848714)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 24th, 2016 @ 5:11pm CST
We can haz Astro Magum deco as new character? ;;)
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1848723)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 24th, 2016 @ 7:57pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:We can haz Astro Magum deco as new character? ;;)
Or at least as his mass production clones from the Devastation game (MP troop builder!). ;)
Re: Images of Bonus Megatron Gun for Hasbro Asia Masterpiece Shockwave (1848729)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 24th, 2016 @ 9:34pm CST
"Shackwave" or just a coloring snafu of Shockwave pre earth war? Reflector is gray and not blue so must be the former but then again, I wouldn't put it past takara to milk the mold for all it's worth. 8-}

G1 toy version
Studio Ox version

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Movie 3 Leadfoot Target Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 60 Constructicon SCRAPPER Voyager Class MISB/New 2020" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers R.E.D. Series Figure Lot Optimus Prime Megatron Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Rotf Voyager Mixmaster Action Figure" on EBAY