Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade

Transformers News: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade

Thursday, November 23rd, 2017 8:02AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 13,930

While fans are waiting for more images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade, we now have images of the box he will come in, courtesy of 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂 on weibo (aka TF-Factory). While both the Takara Tomy and Hasbro logos are on the box, as is the case for all MPM releases since the 2017 line revival, we can tell this is the Hasbro packaging due to several languages being found on the box, and none of them being Japanese.

The packaging lets us know a few features such as a moving mouth mechanism and shows us what Barricade looks like with his mouth open. We also see that it is officially licenced. And for those wondering why the Canadian address is the most prominent one among all the legal writing in the back, it is because the box itself was printed in Canada (as is always the case for Hasbro Transformers products products). While we do not know the exact price yet nor the date of release, we assume the price will be around $80, the same price point Bumblebee was at.

Here is a list of additional facts regarding this product:

Features Barricade’s iconic Rotor Blade Wheel weapon from the TRANSFORMERS film
First Movie Masterpiece figure with a Movable Faceplate, allowing fans to play out their favorite scenes from the TRANSFORMERS film
Figure built with Die Cast Parts & features 170 Deco Ops with 30 Points of Articulation!
Vehicle-mode features Barricade’s accurate, licensed vehicle from the TRANSFORMERS film: Saleen S281 Extreme Ford Mustang Police Car
Product was designed with ILM Movie CAD Files from the Blockbuster film TRANSFORMERS
Figure features most film-accurate conversion to-date!
Item is the 1st Movie Masterpiece Decepticon to hit the market in over 8 years!

Credit(s): 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂 on weibo
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1923295)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 23rd, 2017 @ 8:11am CST
I want this. Hm approx £75. Need to make me much more monies if I'm starting to get hooked on third party and official MPM stuffs.
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1923308)
Posted by Cybertronius Primus on November 23rd, 2017 @ 9:29am CST
Will this be exclusive to toys r us in america and Japan again?
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1923319)
Posted by william-james88 on November 23rd, 2017 @ 10:29am CST
Cybertronius Primus wrote:Will this be exclusive to toys r us in america and Japan again?

Most probably
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1923336)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 23rd, 2017 @ 11:48am CST
Gotta admit, that packaging looks mighty purdy.
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1923723)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 26th, 2017 @ 6:55pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Gotta admit, that packaging looks mighty purdy.

Purdy package for a purdy toy. ;)
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924131)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 29th, 2017 @ 12:02pm CST
I can't wait to get his giant spike weapon. That thing looks so mean!!
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924234)
Posted by william-james88 on November 30th, 2017 @ 12:05am CST
For the fans waiting for more images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade, we have something for you. While not exactly new images of the toy itself, images of the Japanese instructions have popped up online. They were found on the usual weibo page but have since been removed. We do have them below for you to see. The biggest take away is that he has 40 documented steps, making him very complex. This does not include the added steps needed to convert his arm into his massive movie accurate weapon. These instructions also further confirm the absence of Frenzy, which was also absent from the images on the box.
While we do not know the exact price yet nor the date of release of the Hasbro version, we assume the price will be around $80, the same price point Bumblebee was at. The Takara version will be released in April 2018 and is around the $100 mark depending on your retailer of choice.

Here is a list of additional facts, provided by Hasbro, regarding this product:

Features Barricade’s iconic Rotor Blade Wheel weapon from the TRANSFORMERS film
Figure features most film-accurate conversion to-date!
Item is the 1st Movie Masterpiece Decepticon to hit the market in over 8 years!

Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924277)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 30th, 2017 @ 7:13am CST
Look how much more readable those instructions are compared to what we got with Titan's Return. I can actually tell what part is toy and what part is paper.
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924279)
Posted by MegaX Master on November 30th, 2017 @ 7:29am CST
Wait, 170 deco ops? Holy crap Hasbro! You do know what paint is!
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924301)
Posted by Super Megatron on November 30th, 2017 @ 10:23am CST
So basically 10 steps less than the regular toy.
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924720)
Posted by william-james88 on December 2nd, 2017 @ 11:51pm CST
We have some sweet MPM 05 Transformers Movie Masterpiece Barricade news to share with you. Bruce Dong, a Transformers fan, has posted a video of him unpacking Masterpiece Barricade as well as transforming him from car to robot and then back to car again. The video is on Facebook but can be viewed below.

Here we learn a few tidbits that were previously unknown. Firstly, unlike with the similarly scaled Human Alliance version, the saw blade is not integrated within the toy. It is a separate piece that must be attached, in a very similar fashion to Masterpiece Hot Rodimus' saw blade weapon. The toy also comes with a clear stand for the weapon. Also, the weapon does not freely spin. It can rotate but only as long as you are pushing it.

The transformation does not seem as complex as MPM Optimus Prime and seems more akin in complexity to the Human Alliance version.

Below you will find screenshots which include him scaled with the other MPM Movie Masterpiece toys, along with the video and additional facts, provided by Hasbro, regarding this product.

Features Barricade’s iconic Rotor Blade Wheel weapon from the TRANSFORMERS film
Figure features most film-accurate conversion to-date!
Item is the 1st Movie Masterpiece Decepticon to hit the market in over 8 years!

Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924733)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 1:06am CST
Damn, as far as I'm concerned they have totally nailed it this time. That is a gorgeous figure and I intend to have that.
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924738)
Posted by fruityrobo on December 3rd, 2017 @ 2:18am CST
what I am excited for is when people are going to post stopmotion videos of the first fight with mpm bee and barricade
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924744)
Posted by Va'al on December 3rd, 2017 @ 4:53am CST
In addition to the recently posted video review and screencaps of the latest figure in the Hasbro and Takara Tomy collaboration on the Transformers Movie Masterpiece line, we have some in-hand images of the MPM-5 figure of Barricade, sporting his live-action design from the first appearance in the 2007 Paramount movie!

The images, mirrored below for your viewing convenience, are from regular suspect on weibo NOTRAB, and show off both the car mode (a licensed Saleen S281 Extreme Ford Mustang Police Car) and the robot mode, with a lot of emphasis on the latter. We get to see the face sculpt, and some of the features that Hasbro is highlighting in its marketing such as the Rotor Blade Wheel, the moveable faceplate, and some poseability. Take a look below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924756)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:13am CST
Just gets better looking everytime I see it.
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924765)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:59am CST
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924767)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:08am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:Meh. Looks okay but I'm the type of person who doesn't like to half ass lines so if I'm getting one mpm I'd like to get the others to go with it, but bumblebee and Optimus are pretty disappointing so I'll probably skip this line as a whole.

No more disappointing than any other supposed Masterpiece figure (the number of G1 MP figures without at least several flaws is a very tiny one or perhaps no number at all) and they are both amazing display pieces. I dunno if it's just cos I will ALWAYS take the more complex beautifully detailed movie designs over simplified G1 cartoon but this thing is just so damn gorgeous. Probably best damn thing Hastak have sculpted all year. This is why I'm into Transformers, not that horrendously blocky stuff like (TR Sixshot and Overlord come to mind, god i hate those things)
Ok no more. I'm sold. Now I just gotta wait for the release. So I will avoid any further pics best I can. I next want to see it on my shelf. :)
peace out. :D
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924773)
Posted by UberSmaug on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:30am CST

I agree on the fact that it is disappointing how lame the rest of my movie collection looks next to those two.
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924776)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:52am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

peace out. :D

I find the longer I'm in this hobby the less I enjoy the movie designs. To me, they're not "beautifully detailed" they're jumbled eye sores with barely any defining features. Say what you will about the G1 designs but at least they're clean and memorable. I feel that the bayformer designs try way too hard to be "edgy and cool" and often miss the mark on both.
Re: Images of Box for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1924783)
Posted by Asepticon on December 3rd, 2017 @ 11:23am CST
"Are you Ladiesman217"?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club Exclusive Shattered Glass Drift" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN FIGURE RAMPAGE, NEVER OPENED." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Misc. Lot of 4 Transformers Dreadwing Dirge Scrapmetal Sideways Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon TF Club Exclusive Dion Action Figure Missile Blue Clear Part" on EBAY
Buy "transformers lot action figures nitro Zeus ect, brawl. Ect.. new condition. " on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet Mask Kids Childrens" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Zeta toys ZB-01 Kronos Fly Fire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club TFCC Timelines Airazor MIB NEW AUTHENTIC!   0057" on EBAY