Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee

Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee

Sunday, May 21st, 2017 12:13pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 38,259

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Also from Captain Hook - an online Dutch retailer - we have images of the two Transformers: Robots in Disguise R/C toys released by Dickie Toys under license from Hasbro: Grimlock and Bumblebee! You can check out images of the transforming race cars below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion board!

Transformers News: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R/C Grimlock and Bumblebee

Transformers News: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R/C Grimlock and Bumblebee

Credit(s): Captain Hook


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883129)
Posted by Deadput on May 21st, 2017 @ 12:55pm CDT
Am I the only one who just never see's these things in the stores or is it just me?
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883147)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on May 21st, 2017 @ 3:17pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Am I the only one who just never see's these things in the stores or is it just me?


That's kind of the same question twice...

But no, I haven't seen them. But I guess I'm not exactly looking.
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883165)
Posted by ScottyP on May 21st, 2017 @ 5:30pm CDT
MagicDeath wrote:
Deadput wrote:Am I the only one who just never see's these things in the stores or is it just me?


That's kind of the same question twice...

But no, I haven't seen them. But I guess I'm not exactly looking.

The radio controlled/die cast vehicle line-up for RiD? UK and Europe only, afaik.
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883167)
Posted by Qwan on May 21st, 2017 @ 5:34pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:
Deadput wrote:Am I the only one who just never see's these things in the stores or is it just me?


That's kind of the same question twice...

But no, I haven't seen them. But I guess I'm not exactly looking.

The radio controlled/die cast vehicle line-up for RiD? UK and Europe only, afaik.

I'm not sure if Australia counts as UK or Europe (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, depending on definition I suppose), but I've seen the die-cast vehicles around. So yeah, those are definitely here too - haven't seen any kind of RC stuff though.
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883171)
Posted by Zeedust on May 21st, 2017 @ 5:57pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Am I the only one who just never see's these things in the stores or is it just me?

My guess is that this company might only release in certain countries, possibly European ones?
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883173)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 21st, 2017 @ 6:34pm CDT
Zeedust wrote:
Deadput wrote:Am I the only one who just never see's these things in the stores or is it just me?

My guess is that this company might only release in certain countries, possibly European ones?


Or you're not looking at the right type of store, or aisle ;)
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883189)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 21st, 2017 @ 8:34pm CDT
I just found Deluxe Soundwave and Blurr in stores this past Friday and....yeah, these two are easily the best Hasbro releases. I was not disappointed at all with either of them, and was thoroughly impressed with the detail they put into Soundwave.
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883196)
Posted by Qwan on May 21st, 2017 @ 9:20pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:I just found Deluxe Soundwave and Blurr in stores this past Friday and....yeah, these two are easily the best Hasbro releases. I was not disappointed at all with either of them, and was thoroughly impressed with the detail they put into Soundwave.

Honestly? I LOVE Soundwave. I'm sure part of it is my lasting affinity for WfC/FoC-style designs, but I adore basically every single thing about this guy (aside from the neck-plate...). I'm not sure exactly what it is that does it for me, but all the details just seem spot-on for Soundwave as a character; even the wings, which I have no idea where they were derived from honestly (if anywhere), just look right. If Classics had continued the way it was originally - updating characters' designs while preserving the essence, rather than a near-direct copy of their original look - this feels like exactly the Soundwave toy I would've wanted to see.

All extremely high praise I know, and I might be presenting the toy as just sliiightly better than it is objectively, but what can you do. It just goes to show how much I love it. :x

('Course, it doesn't hurt that I got him for the same price as it would usually cost me for a Legends-class figure. But I swear, even beyond that bias this toy is fantastic.)
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883198)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 21st, 2017 @ 9:40pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Image

This is the greatest thing.
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883200)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 21st, 2017 @ 9:45pm CDT
Qwan wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I just found Deluxe Soundwave and Blurr in stores this past Friday and....yeah, these two are easily the best Hasbro releases. I was not disappointed at all with either of them, and was thoroughly impressed with the detail they put into Soundwave.

Honestly? I LOVE Soundwave. I'm sure part of it is my lasting affinity for WfC/FoC-style designs, but I adore basically every single thing about this guy (aside from the neck-plate...). I'm not sure exactly what it is that does it for me, but all the details just seem spot-on for Soundwave as a character; even the wings, which I have no idea where they were derived from honestly (if anywhere), just look right. If Classics had continued the way it was originally - updating characters' designs while preserving the essence, rather than a near-direct copy of their original look - this feels like exactly the Soundwave toy I would've wanted to see.

All extremely high praise I know, and I might be presenting the toy as just sliiightly better than it is objectively, but what can you do. It just goes to show how much I love it. :x

('Course, it doesn't hurt that I got him for the same price as it would usually cost me for a Legends-class figure. But I swear, even beyond that bias this toy is fantastic.)



Hell yeah, man. 8-)

There's always that level of disbelief, at first, because this is the only Decepticon other than Starscream to be returning from Prime, and with both Decepticons their original models were extremely sleek and slender. To be brought back into the story with these WFC-esque designs, it's a bit offsetting, especially for Soundwave given he's already returned once with his old model. When I bought the new Starscream figure, and put Prime First Edition Starscream next to him, it just looked like two different incarnations. This new Soundwave, though? Totally passes for the same guy. Maybe it's the fact that they kept the same head sculpt this time whereas Starscream was a completely makeover, but yeah, that's definitely Prime Soundwave.

Point being? Not only can I appreciate the toy's well-crafted design and detail in and of itself, but I can also more easily accept that this is supposed to be the same stealth bomber from the old show, which is just icing on the cake.
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883208)
Posted by primalxconvoy on May 21st, 2017 @ 10:24pm CDT
Grimlock looks like Zod, from the Gobots:

- Image
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883209)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 21st, 2017 @ 10:28pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:To be brought back into the story with these WFC-esque designs, it's a bit offsetting, especially for Soundwave given he's already returned once with his old model.
Maybe this new body is what will come about after Soundwave's Mini-Con minions finish gathering up all three Decepticon Hunters for him. Recall that three Decepticon Hunters brought together result in body upgrades that Takara's toys called "Supreme Modes". Maybe we'll see Soundwave somehow figure out how to make his new body a permanent upgrade instead of the temporary ones that Bee, Swipe, and Strongarm had in "Battlegrounds", and which Steeljaw and Bee again had in "Decepticon Island" (or like what Starscream and Optimus had in "Worthy").
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883212)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 21st, 2017 @ 10:50pm CDT
Thanks to a new listing on Toy Wiz, we now have the stock photography for Robots In Disguise One Step Strongarm and Heatseeker! These two are also starting to show up at mass retail, so make sure to report any Transformer sightings to our Sightings Database! Take a look at the new photos below!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883215)
Posted by william-james88 on May 21st, 2017 @ 11:02pm CDT
Qwan wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I just found Deluxe Soundwave and Blurr in stores this past Friday and....yeah, these two are easily the best Hasbro releases. I was not disappointed at all with either of them, and was thoroughly impressed with the detail they put into Soundwave.

Honestly? I LOVE Soundwave. I'm sure part of it is my lasting affinity for WfC/FoC-style designs, but I adore basically every single thing about this guy (aside from the neck-plate...).

Its an awesome toy, and Hasbro did a great job with him. There is nthing missing to the deco, for me, nice helping of paint all around and a nice robot mode that is both new and inspired by what came before. The only reason he wouldnt be a top 5 soundwave to me is beccause of how the arms end up in alt mode. There is nothing there to hide them, it looks really lazy and bad.
And its really too bad such a great toy would also have this big a flaw. But dems da breaks!
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883218)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 21st, 2017 @ 11:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:To be brought back into the story with these WFC-esque designs, it's a bit offsetting, especially for Soundwave given he's already returned once with his old model.
Maybe this new body is what will come about after Soundwave's Mini-Con minions finish gathering up all three Decepticon Hunters for him. Recall that three Decepticon Hunters brought together result in body upgrades that Takara's toys called "Supreme Modes". Maybe we'll see Soundwave somehow figure out how to make his new body a permanent upgrade instead of the temporary ones that Bee, Swipe, and Strongarm had in "Battlegrounds", and which Steeljaw and Bee again had in "Decepticon Island" (or like what Starscream and Optimus had in "Worthy").


That'd be a nice way to work it into the plotline, unlike Starscream's design change. Here's hoping. I'm still very satisfied with the Starscream weaponizer arc, mind you. Steve Blum is God. :P

william-james88 wrote:The only reason he wouldnt be a top 5 soundwave to me is beccause of how the arms end up in alt mode. There is nothing there to hide them, it looks really lazy and bad.
And its really too bad such a great toy would also have this big a flaw. But dems da breaks!


Ah yes, you're right, that's the only detractor of the toy for me, but somehow I can kinda get past it. Most of my figures are in robot mode most of the time anyway. Even still, would it have cost them so much money to put a hinge on the hands so they fold in?
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883219)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 21st, 2017 @ 11:59pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:To be brought back into the story with these WFC-esque designs, it's a bit offsetting, especially for Soundwave given he's already returned once with his old model.
Maybe this new body is what will come about after Soundwave's Mini-Con minions finish gathering up all three Decepticon Hunters for him. Recall that three Decepticon Hunters brought together result in body upgrades that Takara's toys called "Supreme Modes". Maybe we'll see Soundwave somehow figure out how to make his new body a permanent upgrade instead of the temporary ones that Bee, Swipe, and Strongarm had in "Battlegrounds", and which Steeljaw and Bee again had in "Decepticon Island" (or like what Starscream and Optimus had in "Worthy").


That'd be a nice way to work it into the plotline, unlike Starscream's design change. Here's hoping. I'm still very satisfied with the Starscream weaponizer arc, mind you. Steve Blum is God. :P
I am glad that they at least acknowledged Starscream's new look rather than have us just pretend that his new look was just his Prime look run through an aesthetic filter like with Bumblebee's and Optimus's RID looks (and I'm especially glad that they were able to tie in back in with his WFC/FOC look, as a nice subtle nod to that era of the timeline). 8-)

But yeah, since we saw Soundwave in his Prime design in this show before, his new look is gonna need some sort of concrete onscreen explanation.
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883341)
Posted by Deadput on May 22nd, 2017 @ 1:31pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I am glad that they at least acknowledged Starscream's new look rather than have us just pretend that his new look was just his Prime look run through an aesthetic filter like with Bumblebee's and Optimus's RID looks (and I'm especially glad that they were able to tie in back in with his WFC/FOC look, as a nice subtle nod to that era of the timeline). 8-)

But yeah, since we saw Soundwave in his Prime design in this show before, his new look is gonna need some sort of concrete onscreen explanation.


I still like to think that Bee got an upgrade to explain his look and that Prime's look is an afterlife remodel or something.

Starscream's new look is great and much nicer then the skinny frail and dull colored Prime look I just don't understand why Starscream would "upgrade" from a clearly Superior armor design to his weak inferior Prime armor unless he was forced to.
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883627)
Posted by Va'al on May 23rd, 2017 @ 1:25pm CDT
The Transformers: Robots in Disguise line has had some sightings across the US, but one toy had eluded American stores until now - thanks to Seibertronian Bounti76, Crash Combiner Skyhammer is now proven to be out there; this particular one (See image below) is from Walmart in Centerville, Utah.

If you come across any new or old toy sightings, make sure to use our fully up to date Sightings Tool, and join the regional conversations in the Energon Pub - happy hunting!

Image
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883646)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 23rd, 2017 @ 2:46pm CDT
I saw this the other day and thought, "I'll use the integrated search to see if it was seen yet." "Ok, spotted in NA, guess someone beat me to it." I love how I didn't read it was found in Canada. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Images of Dickie Toys Transformers: Robots in Disguise R / C Grimlock and Bumblebee (1883653)
Posted by Va'al on May 23rd, 2017 @ 3:21pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999 has once more found an early set of an upcoming toy, this time featuring the Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Ultra Bee - the Autobot Combiner of almost the entire Team Bee: Grimlock, Strongarm, Bumblebee, and Sideswipe! Check it out below.

Many collectors aren't going to be into this due to the simplified nature of the figure. I can't tell you that's wrong, but what I can tell you is that Ultra Bee is a solid combiner, that has a unique look that makes it stand out. Yes, the individual figures are simple, but the ritual of transforming them into their limb modes is fun while the figure comes together with a satisfying click at every point.


Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 ALPHA TRION Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Mighty Muggs Megatron + Destro Loose Transformers GI Joe" on EBAY