Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases

Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases

Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 9:19am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,783

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

How far do you MP completionists go? Hasbro had announced Takara Masterpiece releases, from MP 17+ Prowl and on, would get an automatic Hasbro release to be distributed in Hasbro's markets. The product would be the same, but there would be a slip cover in english. Masterpiece 17+ Prowl came out and since many simply bought him from Japan or from retailers getting their product from Japan, there were few posts showing what came of the Hasbro release, which was mainly ignored, until now.
What did that slip cover look like? Well, below you will see that it is a black box that goes over the Japanese box. On the box is big bold white writing stating that what you are purchasing is the same as what is sold in Japan. This black box has both the Takara and Hasbro logos, something that is now customary in this new age of brand unification.
This gives you a very good idea of what we are to see for Hasbro's distribution of the upcoming Beast Wars Megatron Masterpeice figure along with MP-44 Optimus Prime version 3. The images were found on collectors.com and svadercollectionnables.com.

Transformers News: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases

Transformers News: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases

Credit(s): collectors.com


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007434)
Posted by Prowl4 on January 30th, 2019 @ 12:08pm CST
Kind of interesting to see. Curious if Hasbro will release prime and if they'll make Cullen the voice of the figure.
Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007436)
Posted by william-james88 on January 30th, 2019 @ 12:22pm CST
Prowl4 wrote:Kind of interesting to see. Curious if Hasbro will release prime and if they'll make Cullen the voice of the figure.

Hasbro already told us they will release Prime this same way and that he will be speaking Japanese.
Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007438)
Posted by Prowl4 on January 30th, 2019 @ 12:24pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:Kind of interesting to see. Curious if Hasbro will release prime and if they'll make Cullen the voice of the figure.

Hasbro already told us they will release Prime this same way and that he will be speaking Japanese.


Baffling decision.
Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007451)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 30th, 2019 @ 1:35pm CST
Prowl4 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:Kind of interesting to see. Curious if Hasbro will release prime and if they'll make Cullen the voice of the figure.

Hasbro already told us they will release Prime this same way and that he will be speaking Japanese.


Baffling decision.


Indeed. If Peter Cullen voiced it, I would like it more, but eh. Now, my concern is the figure itself. If he doesn't have (at least) the same level of articulation and complexity as MP-36, I will be disappointed. Seriously, a figure of that price should be like that.
Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007456)
Posted by Prowl4 on January 30th, 2019 @ 1:58pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:Kind of interesting to see. Curious if Hasbro will release prime and if they'll make Cullen the voice of the figure.

Hasbro already told us they will release Prime this same way and that he will be speaking Japanese.


Baffling decision.


Indeed. If Peter Cullen voiced it, I would like it more, but eh. Now, my concern is the figure itself. If he doesn't have (at least) the same level of articulation and complexity as MP-36, I will be disappointed. Seriously, a figure of that price should be like that.


Agreed. Kind of pisses me off now that there's a battery pack and cables in it for no reason at all for me.
Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007467)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 30th, 2019 @ 4:29pm CST
william-james88 wrote:How far do you MP completionists go? Hasbro had announced Takara Masterpiece releases, from MP 17+ Prowl and on, would get an automatic Hasbro release to be distributed in Hasbro's markets. The product would be the same, but there would be a slip cover in english. Masterpiece 17+ Prowl came out and since many simply bought him from Japan or from retailers getting their product from Japan, there were few posts showing what came of the Hasbro release, which was mainly ignored, until now.
What did that slip cover look like? Well, below you will see that it is a black box that goes over the Japanese box. On the box is big bold white writing stating that what you are purchasing is the same as what is sold in Japan. This black box has both the Takara and Hasbro logos, something that is now customary in this new age of brand unification.
This gives you a very good idea of what we are to see for Hasbro's distribution of the upcoming Beast Wars Megatron Masterpeice figure along with MP-44 Optimus Prime version 3. The images were found on collectors.com and svadercollectionnables.com.

Image

Image


I wasn't going to get the original Prowl as I felt the cost did not equal to the size, but I had some extra money so I went for it. I loved it as I felt it walked right out of the cartoon. The more I see this + version I'm really contemplating dipping again.
Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007468)
Posted by Prowl4 on January 30th, 2019 @ 4:33pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:How far do you MP completionists go? Hasbro had announced Takara Masterpiece releases, from MP 17+ Prowl and on, would get an automatic Hasbro release to be distributed in Hasbro's markets. The product would be the same, but there would be a slip cover in english. Masterpiece 17+ Prowl came out and since many simply bought him from Japan or from retailers getting their product from Japan, there were few posts showing what came of the Hasbro release, which was mainly ignored, until now.
What did that slip cover look like? Well, below you will see that it is a black box that goes over the Japanese box. On the box is big bold white writing stating that what you are purchasing is the same as what is sold in Japan. This black box has both the Takara and Hasbro logos, something that is now customary in this new age of brand unification.
This gives you a very good idea of what we are to see for Hasbro's distribution of the upcoming Beast Wars Megatron Masterpeice figure along with MP-44 Optimus Prime version 3. The images were found on collectors.com and svadercollectionnables.com.

Image

Image


I wasn't going to get the original Prowl as I felt the cost did not equal to the size, but I had some extra money so I went for it. I loved it as I felt it walked right out of the cartoon. The more I see this + version I'm really contemplating dipping again.

This will be my third Prowl. Love the character but might sell one off.
Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007483)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 30th, 2019 @ 5:46pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:Kind of interesting to see. Curious if Hasbro will release prime and if they'll make Cullen the voice of the figure.

Hasbro already told us they will release Prime this same way and that he will be speaking Japanese.

That is an absolutely idiotic decision on their part.
Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007485)
Posted by Prowl4 on January 30th, 2019 @ 5:51pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:Kind of interesting to see. Curious if Hasbro will release prime and if they'll make Cullen the voice of the figure.

Hasbro already told us they will release Prime this same way and that he will be speaking Japanese.

That is an absolutely idiotic decision on their part.


Absolutely. Wondering if there is a source or article to confirm this?
Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007495)
Posted by william-james88 on January 30th, 2019 @ 7:09pm CST
Prowl4 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:Kind of interesting to see. Curious if Hasbro will release prime and if they'll make Cullen the voice of the figure.

Hasbro already told us they will release Prime this same way and that he will be speaking Japanese.

That is an absolutely idiotic decision on their part.


Absolutely. Wondering if there is a source or article to confirm this?

Yup, there is.
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ese/42640/
But that packaging newsed above further confirms it since it states the toys are the same as sold in Japan.
Re: Images of Hasbro Slip Cover for their New Masterpiece Releases (2007679)
Posted by Emerje on January 31st, 2019 @ 11:27pm CST
Unlike the Masterpiece Movie line which Hasbro works side by side with Takara on and thus we get some decent prices on, the rest of MP are purely Takara Tomy products. It would be nice if, say, they put a toggle switch on Prime to have him speak both Japanese and English, but from Takara Tomy's perspective there's no real reason for them to do a favor like that for Hasbro for no reason.

The slip cover isn't what I had in mind. I was thinking a band around the box.

Emerje

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Steeljaw Figure 2.5"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Omega Prime - Incomplete with Extra Parts Optimus Ultra Magnus" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Deluxe Robots in Disguise Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Selects Takara Tomy Mall Seacons PIRANACON 6 of 6 USA" on EBAY
Buy "NEW - Transformers Robots in Disguise - Warrior Class - SOUNDWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers generations scoop, armada megatron, skybyte, tankor and more" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS ARMADA MEGATRON LEADER CLASS (Used)" on EBAY
Buy "transformers RID optimus prime MOSC Robots in Disguise card damage 1" on EBAY