Images of iGear MP Prime trailer

Images of iGear MP Prime trailer

Saturday, March 28th, 2009 5:56am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 28,127

TF08 has posted new images of an upcoming custom upgrade set from iGear toys. This set is a trailer that seems to be based of the Transformers Hybrid Style Optimus Prime trailer, with a few design changes and yea made to MP Prime scale.
This will come with a roller with realistic details, will have metal parts, light-up functions and suspension.
Here are some images of the trailer with MP Optimus Prime (Convoy)
Images of iGear MP Prime trailer
Images of iGear MP Prime trailer
See more images by clicking here.
Just so you remember how big the Prime is please have a look at his gallery.

They also posted a video showing the back-door-ramp-function.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): tf08.net, iGear

Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903629)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 28th, 2009 @ 5:58am CDT
Wow, there's a lot of detail on that thing (maybe to much?). I'll be interested to see how it looks once it's painted. It's certainly nice though and may be worth the purchase to finally have a trailer for my MP Prime. The ramp gimmick is kind of neat too although the ramp itself looks a little flimsy.

If this thing is reasonable, around +/- 100 bucks, I'll probably pick one up.

EDIT: With Roller, especially one with gimmicks and suspension, I'd pay more.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903631)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 28th, 2009 @ 6:05am CDT
I'll add this too, height wise, it looks similar in scale to the G3 trailer from Fansproject. If the paint on both of them is a win, they are going to look so kick ass displayed next to or near one another.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903637)
Posted by Zeds on March 28th, 2009 @ 6:55am CDT
I still like my MP-04 trailer.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903641)
Posted by Mykltron on March 28th, 2009 @ 7:09am CDT
It looks really good, but I bet it'll be expensive...
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903652)
Posted by Sid Burn on March 28th, 2009 @ 8:00am CDT
Zeds wrote:I still like my MP-04 trailer.

I have MP01 and MP04, this will be a tough sell for me, it really would have to be head and shoulders above the MP04 trailer to get me to buy it.

looking forward to seeing a more finished product.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903656)
Posted by Arucard on March 28th, 2009 @ 8:38am CDT
To my eye, it looks exactly like the MP-04 trailer, like they're trying to make it available to everyone who only has MP-01. The only difference is this one has a Roller.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903661)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on March 28th, 2009 @ 8:50am CDT
fraggin' sweet!
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903666)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 28th, 2009 @ 9:07am CDT
A custom item is great but a straight copy is bad form. I know it will have roller but lets have something inspired.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903680)
Posted by Naked Magnus on March 28th, 2009 @ 10:21am CDT
This is definitely good news for those with MP01 and the Hasbro version. I am pretty sure this is an exact copy of the MP04 trailer. Mine is in the closet behind my binaltechs and I am too lazy to dig it out right now. Perhaps this one is a little bit bigger?
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903685)
Posted by barricade2218 on March 28th, 2009 @ 10:46am CDT
I'll have to get that one- I don't have the MP-04 version, mine doesn't open to the repair bay.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903694)
Posted by capellamusic on March 28th, 2009 @ 11:24am CDT
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903707)
Posted by Barrelass on March 28th, 2009 @ 12:50pm CDT
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903709)
Posted by capellamusic on March 28th, 2009 @ 12:54pm CDT
Barrelass wrote:I don't have the MP-04 (yet), so this is a buy for me. Can someone answer this, is the outside autobot detailing that is molded into the sides of this stickers on the MP-04? I couldn't quite tell for sure from the gallery pics. If this is an upgaded detail that MP-04 doesn't have, this would make it a nice step up for those of us without a trailer.

There aren't any stickers on MP-4. The autobot symbols are molded and painted.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903710)
Posted by dabattousai on March 28th, 2009 @ 12:54pm CDT
iGear should have designed an Ultra Magnus trailer with removable parts for MP-02. I could just go and buy MP-04 and since I bought the custom set with Magnus' gun and Roller.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903711)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 28th, 2009 @ 1:09pm CDT
capellamusic wrote:Sorry, but this is a KO of the MP-4 trailer. It's too close to the original one to be a custom. I look at this as a good quality KO. If G1 KOs are illegal so is this. Still, it's a good chance for those who have a MP Optimus Prime without a trailer. But I'm glad I have the MP-4, otherwise I would probably buy this slightly oversized KO.

This thing is longer than the MP 04, and the ramp is completely different, it based on the THS02 trailer.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903712)
Posted by capellamusic on March 28th, 2009 @ 1:17pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:

It's still too similar. In my view this is undoubtly a KO. There are many G1 KOs with modifications like this, and they're still KOs. For example, the current Shockwave KO with a different head and colors and other slight differences, and yet it's a KO.

Anyway, I'm not a "KO hater", but this has to be called for what it is, a KO. I'd like to see how the usual KO haters see this trailer.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903725)
Posted by Barrelass on March 28th, 2009 @ 1:52pm CDT
capellamusic wrote:

There aren't any stickers on MP-4. The autobot symbols are molded and painted.

Thanks for clearing that up, now I will just have to wait to see what this thing is gonna cost and see if I don't come up with the funds for MP-04 before this thing comes out. I think I would rather have MP-04, but there are a load of things that I "need" right now.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903726)
Posted by rpetras on March 28th, 2009 @ 1:53pm CDT
I like it!

I have the scaled up version of the G1 trailer, which has some pretty "soft" definition.

I'd be interested in this depending on the price.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903732)
Posted by capellamusic on March 28th, 2009 @ 2:06pm CDT
rpetras wrote:It can't be considered a KO because I'm sure it is not a direct reproduction of MP04's trailer.

Then what do you consider the following product to be? Yes, it's a Shockwave KO, and it is not a direct reproduction of the G1 vintage.

Even high quality KOs aren't exact reproductions of the originals, there are always differences, some big, some small, still they all are KOs. In my view this trailer fits very well the KO definition.
Re: Images of iGear MP Prime trailer (903807)
Posted by SentinelA on March 28th, 2009 @ 6:18pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:It looks really good, but I bet it'll be expensive...

Agreed. I think I'll just stick w/ my cheap non-transforming trailer.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Quillfire Complete" on EBAY
Buy "FREE SHIP - Transformers RID STRONGARM & DOTM Cyberverse Ratchet  Legions Class" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE 2015 QUILLFIRE  MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Wave 2 Mini-con Sandsting (2015) Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Bumblebee Grimlock Robots in Disguise Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG04 Roadbuster Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Shattered Glass Combiner Wars Ratchet BotCon 2016 repro stickers" on EBAY