Transformers News: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion

Thursday, November 30th, 2017 12:11AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 13,177

For the fans waiting for more images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade, we have something for you. While not exactly new images of the toy itself, images of the Japanese instructions have popped up online. They were found on the usual weibo page but have since been removed. We do have them below for you to see. The biggest take away is that he has 40 documented steps, making him very complex. This does not include the added steps needed to convert his arm into his massive movie accurate weapon. These instructions also further confirm the absence of Frenzy, which was also absent from the images on the box.
While we do not know the exact price yet nor the date of release of the Hasbro version, we assume the price will be around $80, the same price point Bumblebee was at. The Takara version will be released in April 2018 and is around the $100 mark depending on your retailer of choice.

Here is a list of additional facts, provided by Hasbro, regarding this product:

Features Barricade’s iconic Rotor Blade Wheel weapon from the TRANSFORMERS film
First Movie Masterpiece figure with a Movable Faceplate, allowing fans to play out their favorite scenes from the TRANSFORMERS film
Figure built with Die Cast Parts & features 170 Deco Ops with 30 Points of Articulation!
Vehicle-mode features Barricade’s accurate, licensed vehicle from the TRANSFORMERS film: Saleen S281 Extreme Ford Mustang Police Car
Product was designed with ILM Movie CAD Files from the Blockbuster film TRANSFORMERS
Figure features most film-accurate conversion to-date!
Item is the 1st Movie Masterpiece Decepticon to hit the market in over 8 years!

Transformers News: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Confirm a 40 Step Conversi

Credit(s): tf-factory on weibo
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924277)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 30th, 2017 @ 7:13am CST
Look how much more readable those instructions are compared to what we got with Titan's Return. I can actually tell what part is toy and what part is paper.
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924279)
Posted by MegaX Master on November 30th, 2017 @ 7:29am CST
Wait, 170 deco ops? Holy crap Hasbro! You do know what paint is!
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924301)
Posted by Super Megatron on November 30th, 2017 @ 10:23am CST
So basically 10 steps less than the regular toy.
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924720)
Posted by william-james88 on December 2nd, 2017 @ 11:51pm CST
We have some sweet MPM 05 Transformers Movie Masterpiece Barricade news to share with you. Bruce Dong, a Transformers fan, has posted a video of him unpacking Masterpiece Barricade as well as transforming him from car to robot and then back to car again. The video is on Facebook but can be viewed below.

Here we learn a few tidbits that were previously unknown. Firstly, unlike with the similarly scaled Human Alliance version, the saw blade is not integrated within the toy. It is a separate piece that must be attached, in a very similar fashion to Masterpiece Hot Rodimus' saw blade weapon. The toy also comes with a clear stand for the weapon. Also, the weapon does not freely spin. It can rotate but only as long as you are pushing it.

The transformation does not seem as complex as MPM Optimus Prime and seems more akin in complexity to the Human Alliance version.

Below you will find screenshots which include him scaled with the other MPM Movie Masterpiece toys, along with the video and additional facts, provided by Hasbro, regarding this product.

Features Barricade’s iconic Rotor Blade Wheel weapon from the TRANSFORMERS film
Figure features most film-accurate conversion to-date!
Item is the 1st Movie Masterpiece Decepticon to hit the market in over 8 years!

[facebook]1341731079283294[/facebook]
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924733)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 1:06am CST
Damn, as far as I'm concerned they have totally nailed it this time. That is a gorgeous figure and I intend to have that.
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924738)
Posted by fruityrobo on December 3rd, 2017 @ 2:18am CST
what I am excited for is when people are going to post stopmotion videos of the first fight with mpm bee and barricade
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924744)
Posted by Va'al on December 3rd, 2017 @ 4:53am CST
In addition to the recently posted video review and screencaps of the latest figure in the Hasbro and Takara Tomy collaboration on the Transformers Movie Masterpiece line, we have some in-hand images of the MPM-5 figure of Barricade, sporting his live-action design from the first appearance in the 2007 Paramount movie!

The images, mirrored below for your viewing convenience, are from regular suspect on weibo NOTRAB, and show off both the car mode (a licensed Saleen S281 Extreme Ford Mustang Police Car) and the robot mode, with a lot of emphasis on the latter. We get to see the face sculpt, and some of the features that Hasbro is highlighting in its marketing such as the Rotor Blade Wheel, the moveable faceplate, and some poseability. Take a look below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924756)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:13am CST
Just gets better looking everytime I see it.
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924765)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:59am CST
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924767)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:08am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:Meh. Looks okay but I'm the type of person who doesn't like to half ass lines so if I'm getting one mpm I'd like to get the others to go with it, but bumblebee and Optimus are pretty disappointing so I'll probably skip this line as a whole.

No more disappointing than any other supposed Masterpiece figure (the number of G1 MP figures without at least several flaws is a very tiny one or perhaps no number at all) and they are both amazing display pieces. I dunno if it's just cos I will ALWAYS take the more complex beautifully detailed movie designs over simplified G1 cartoon but this thing is just so damn gorgeous. Probably best damn thing Hastak have sculpted all year. This is why I'm into Transformers, not that horrendously blocky stuff like (TR Sixshot and Overlord come to mind, god i hate those things)
Ok no more. I'm sold. Now I just gotta wait for the release. So I will avoid any further pics best I can. I next want to see it on my shelf. :)
peace out. :D
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924773)
Posted by UberSmaug on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:30am CST

I agree on the fact that it is disappointing how lame the rest of my movie collection looks next to those two.
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924776)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:52am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

peace out. :D

I find the longer I'm in this hobby the less I enjoy the movie designs. To me, they're not "beautifully detailed" they're jumbled eye sores with barely any defining features. Say what you will about the G1 designs but at least they're clean and memorable. I feel that the bayformer designs try way too hard to be "edgy and cool" and often miss the mark on both.
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924783)
Posted by Asepticon on December 3rd, 2017 @ 11:23am CST
"Are you Ladiesman217"?
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924785)
Posted by MagicDeath on December 3rd, 2017 @ 11:27am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

peace out. :D

That's why I like Prime art (It's in-between). Make a Masterpiece of one of those and I'm sold.
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924807)
Posted by transformers_va on December 3rd, 2017 @ 1:53pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:To me, they're not "beautifully detailed" they're jumbled eye sores..

IMO, that has more to do with them being Bayformers rather than being Transformers. Ever since the first Bay film, I have been under the impression that the people responsible for these designs weren't even familiar with the franchise to start of with. Look at Starscream and Megatron.. these were ABSOLUTELY terrible designs! I think the toymakers have done a fairly decent job creating toys from pathetic movie character designs (although MPM-4 was disappointing due to the trickiness of lining everything up), but again that's just my opinion.

What Hollywood should really do is fire Bay, and get those who were involved with the 1986 animated movie to create a "real" Transformers film.
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924811)
Posted by dragons on December 3rd, 2017 @ 2:04pm CST
I may buy this figure an official looking figure of this character but he have to much grey on face not enough black I have to laugh I see articulation on transformers toy reviews all transformers toys look different but they all move Same in toy theme class same as watching gijoe reviews on characters all gijoe characters look different but they all move same in artucliation same can be said with transformers you know what to expect in articulation before it gets to bot mode
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924812)
Posted by Emerje on December 3rd, 2017 @ 2:24pm CST
How do so many people have finished boxed copies of these in hand already when Japan hasn't even opened pre-orders yet? We should be months away from release, right? Seems awfully early for people to be sneaking completed figures out of the factory.

Emerje
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924824)
Posted by President-prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 3:24pm CST
This toy is a mess. I’m not gonna pick this up. Face sculpt looks nothing like a transformer. Salem is lacking glossy paint job. The human alliance barricade looks even better than this. My worst gripe. Say what you will but without rubber tires, can’t call this toy a masterpiece. May have second thoughts if see it in stores when in person. It’ll be the first masterpiece I️ won’t consider buying
Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924836)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 3rd, 2017 @ 4:00pm CST
transformers_va wrote:

Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Show a 40 Step Conversion (1924884)
Posted by Randomhero on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:30pm CST
transformers_va wrote:

Here’s an image of the original design Galvatron from the guy who designed your “Real transformers”

Also one of the animators and designers for the first movie was in special features and his office and desk was so cluttered with transformers it’s amazing he ever got anything done. So yeah the guys behind the animation and stuff were hardcore fans. It was those animators that homaged kup transforming and jumping on blitzwing and knocking his turret and did that in the movie with jazz and brawl in the city fight. That wasn’t in the script, they added that because nerds,

After 10 years of the live action movies it’s always nice when a fan with the ‘ruined forever’ mentality pops up.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked