Images of New Alternators Rodimus?

Images of New Alternators Rodimus?

Monday, April 30th, 2007 6:57am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 23,547

Member Beast_Wars of ACtoys.net has posted a very interesting image of what appears to be an Alternators Rodimus, repainted from the Mirage Ford GT mold, in bubble package.

Could this be the first of the post-movie Alternators? If this is indeed official, it's proof that the Alternators line will indeed see life again.

Check out the pics here.

Credit(s): Beast_wars of ACtoys.net

This article was last modified on Monday, April 30th, 2007 7:57pm CDT

Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103743)
Posted by Leonardo on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:01am CDT
Wow! Given that I hate white stripes on cars, I have to choose this over KISS Player Rodimus, even if the flames are tacky. I didn't expect the line to continue quite so soon, though.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103760)
Posted by Archibald Witwicky on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:07am CDT

It also makes me horribly happy that I never bit the bullet and bought KP Hot Rod. I'm sure repro fishing rod/armblasters will start popping up soon enough.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103767)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:10am CDT
eh...

I dunno.

We hear nothing, from anywhere? No leaks, no case assortments, nothing?

Then this appears on some guy's bed?

I'm not sure all the chickens have hatched here yet.

It should be pointed out that the paper insert inside the bubble is not to full size. Usually the wrap around to the back of the package creating that circular window.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103770)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:11am CDT
Looks good. I think that car looks a lot better in dark blue with the stripes, though.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103771)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:11am CDT
I was hoping this would get a State side release.

But after this, should the Alts come back, NO MORE REPAINTS!
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103773)
Posted by spiritofcat on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:12am CDT
Oooh, that's nice! I like the flames. Much better than Kiss Rodimus.
I hope the people who bought the Kiss version aren't too upset...
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103774)
Posted by Leonardo on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:12am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Then this appears on some guy's bed?

Well, it could be a girl's bed.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103776)
Posted by Kayevcee on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:13am CDT
I'd have picked stripes over flames, myself.

A whole packaged sample is difficult to dispute. If items like this are starting to appear it's probably not more than a couple of months from release.

Rampant speculation time: one store chain has met with particular success with Alternators, and wishes to keep stocking it as a store exclusive line while everywhere else 'just' sells the mountains of TF movie merchandise. The last two Alts were exclusive to Wal-mart, weren't they? I guess that translates to Argos-exclusive in the UK, since they sell more Alts than anywhere else.

-Nick
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103791)
Posted by Skowl on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:20am CDT
Archibald Witwicky wrote:I'm pretty genuinely shocked. I didn't see this coming *at all.* Makes me horribly happy though.

Same here! This is really a great surprise! The Alternators are great, and I'm so glad they're coming back. And this figure just has 'awesome' written all over it - the Mirage Ford GT mold is so frikkin' beautiful, it really deserves a good repaint, and this one - I think - does it justice!

Woohoo! Alternators are back! :grin:
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103800)
Posted by Archibald Witwicky on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:23am CDT
I wouldn't get *too* excited about alts being back just yet.

It's worth considering that the Ford GT, Honda Civic, and Jaguar mold were all likely *very* expensive to procure.

Though it's also entirely possible that if the movie does well, more car companies would be willing to give Hasbro deals for lesser cost.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103801)
Posted by Flint on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:23am CDT
Cool. Nice to see the alternators continuing. Still have to find Ravage and Rumble myself.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103807)
Posted by Leonardo on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:24am CDT
Archibald Witwicky wrote:It's more than possible that we'll see repaints of those three(most likely Hot Rod, Frenzy, and err...I dunno really), and THAT will be the end of Alts.

Could anyone else see Ravage being repainted into Rampage?
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103809)
Posted by Anonymous on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:25am CDT
I think it looks really nice. The paper insert could just be a bit more forward than it should be, and if it was scootched back a bit it'd be fine. I'm not sure, I'm not intimitely familiar with these bubble packages.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103811)
Posted by Archibald Witwicky on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:26am CDT
Leonardo wrote:

Could anyone else see Ravage being repainted into Rampage?

Personally, I figure it'll be that yellow cassette lion of Blasters. I'm completely blanking on his name right now.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103813)
Posted by Leonardo on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:27am CDT
Archibald Witwicky wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

Could anyone else see Ravage being repainted into Rampage?

Steeljaw. I could sort of see that, I suppose.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103823)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:33am CDT
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103827)
Posted by Archibald Witwicky on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:34am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:If we're going to see a last hurrah of repaints, I'd like to go ahead and see Broadblast brought over here.

Ah, right. I knew I was forgetting a mold that hadn't had a repaint yet.

I'd personally prefer it be either Ironhide or Ratchet though.
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103866)
Posted by Sean on April 30th, 2007 @ 7:55am CDT
If he ever appears as being some SDcomicon exclusive, I think i'd play it smart by ordering him through ActionHQ
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103898)
Posted by Dragonslayer on April 30th, 2007 @ 8:31am CDT
Dude! That looks kickass! 8) Please Lord, bring it to America :PRAY:
Re: Images of New Alternators Rodimus? (103905)
Posted by --B-- on April 30th, 2007 @ 8:37am CDT
Please be true.

PLEASE!!

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "New Authentic Transformers Combiner Wars Defensor Lot of 7. Protectobots MISB." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars: Scattershot" on EBAY
Buy "Brand New Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Series 1 Mirage L@@K!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Combiner Wars Legends Rodimus loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the primes POTP Leader Rodimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Headmaster Rodimus Prime diecast head" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Hasbro RID Deluxe Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "*READ** Transformers Netflix Edition WFC Earthrise Optimus & Siege Nemesis Prime" on EBAY