Monday, September 20th, 2021 1:29pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,537

Victory Saber is making his rounds on a nice convention tour and stopped by the Dallas Fan Expo last week-end. There was something new to this display, the exclusive stand that will come with the set if it reaches the second tier. The stand has the Autobot logo along with the logo for the Victory show, making it a unique piece. Speaking of the second tier, we are almost halfway there with 8225 backers at the moment. The pictures come from a post on the Cybertron Cafe Facebook page. Here is a link to the campaign : https://hasbropulse.com/collections/has ... tory-saber.

Transformers News: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo

Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116246)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 20th, 2021 @ 1:41pm CDT
Just realized that Victory Leo's face actually gets covered up in jet mode. That's a really nice feature
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116248)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 20th, 2021 @ 1:55pm CDT
The complainers dont know what they're talking about. That stand is a perfect thing to be added as a tier.
:BOWDOWN:
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116250)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on September 20th, 2021 @ 2:48pm CDT
great googly moogly that thing is just gorgeous. Hollow bits or not, this really imho looks to trounce the mp version. Also for people upset that the cannon doesn't plug into the middle, I see a slot on top of the cannon, and a similar sized tab on the top of Leo. I'm sure that tab is for the Victory Saber combo, but looks like it could be used to tab in the cannon as well. Speculation mind you, just going by sight alone. I can not wait to have this thing in my grubby paws.
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116256)
Posted by cloudballoon on September 20th, 2021 @ 4:47pm CDT

I find it puzzling that why can't Hasbro design TF figures better by making some screw holes into 5mm peg holes if possible. It costs nothing extra to produce, and it sometime make the sculpt cleaner.

Hasbro can also standardize the screw hole sizes so sites like Toyhak & 3d printers can sell mass produced covers to customizers to make figures better.
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116257)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 20th, 2021 @ 4:54pm CDT
cloudballoon wrote:All those peg/screw holes at the top of the plane modes... are those really all necessary? They're unsightly. I don't think Victory Saber needs that weaponizer play pattern added to it.

Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116258)
Posted by cloudballoon on September 20th, 2021 @ 5:11pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:The alternative is the screw holes on the front of the robot mode. And I believe that all the screw holes are 5mm

Of course I know some are the standard 5mm peg holes (especialy the Hex-shape ones). I think that unless they're necessary for combining with Victory Leo, they shouldn't be there UNLESS they must serve as screw holes (smart dual-purpose).
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116267)
Posted by william-james88 on September 20th, 2021 @ 9:06pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Screw holes are indeed 5mm. That's actually where the idea of the 5mm standard for weapons and such originates from.
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116274)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on September 20th, 2021 @ 10:26pm CDT

As for screw holes... they've never bothered me. Ever.
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116286)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on September 21st, 2021 @ 7:49am CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I'm on pins and needles for this one. I so can't wait for him and hope he gets funded. :D

As for screw holes... they've never bothered me. Ever.

screw holes are kind of an inevitability. given that things have to be built. Usually their placement is about structural stability and not what looks best. Having an expensive item be pretty is good, but if said expensive item crumbles if you breath on it is enraging. screw hole covers would be nice though. maybe that could be another stretch goal?
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116288)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 21st, 2021 @ 8:37am CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:

As for screw holes... they've never bothered me. Ever.

Personally, as long as the screw hole covers weren't the only part od it, I'd be fine with it. Maybe have them as the fourth tier with Jan and a Holi repaint, or have them in the third tier with Jan and the shield. Ideally, they would have included that in tier 2 with the stand just so that tier 2 felt more complete, but so far I'm fine with what we're getting.

As a side note, am I the only one who's really come around on the shield and is now really hoping we hit that stretch goal, all because of the base section? :lol:
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116289)
Posted by o.supreme on September 21st, 2021 @ 9:10am CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:I would bet money at this point that it probably already is funded. the number you see doesn't include foreign market pre-orders, like Robotkingom, etc. At this point the real question is, will we make the stretch goals, and was is that third one. Seriously, gimme Jan (broken record I know I know) and an alternate bigger Saber head for when he would go un-masked

Some of the 3p sales were counted, as there was a 1200 overnight jump about 10 days ago, we just don't know from what source. Also I am puzzled as with 20 days left why orders haven't opened up in Japan yet?

We are now officially at 75%, as of about midnight EDT. Some other places were celebrating this about 12 hours premature. Never count your chickens before they hatch, unless you WANT to Dare to be stupid ;)
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116290)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 21st, 2021 @ 9:30am CDT
Was it ever confirmed that they came from third party sources or is it just an assumption?
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116291)
Posted by o.supreme on September 21st, 2021 @ 9:37am CDT
Not confirmed, but I'm not sure what else could constitute a 1200 backer jump overnight, unless something like Pulse UK backers weren't being counted initially, and then all of a sudden they were.
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116294)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 21st, 2021 @ 9:56am CDT
Wouldn't surprise me if it was a technical hitch. Though Takara's silence is interesting. I'll have to go digging to refresh my memory on how Unicron was handled over there. I think it was through Takara Tomy Mall if I remember right.
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116299)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2021 @ 10:07am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I think it was through Takara Tomy Mall if I remember right.
Yep.
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116301)
Posted by o.supreme on September 21st, 2021 @ 10:13am CDT
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116304)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2021 @ 10:28am CDT
o.supreme wrote:That is what I figured as well, (about TT Mall), but did they crowdfund and add to Pulses numbers on a regular basis, or did they just order a fixed amount for the Japanese market, and then they all got added at once?
When searching for the TTM link, I came across posts in the Unicron thread saying "Ryan confirmed on the latest Twincast Podcast (available here!) that Takara Tomy Mall orders would NOT count towards the HasLab campaign total."

Which is... odd, to say the least.
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116305)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 21st, 2021 @ 10:30am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Which is... odd, to say the least.

That is weird :-? Do we have any idea on the estimate of Unicrons that were ordered through TTM?
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116307)
Posted by MaximalNui on September 21st, 2021 @ 10:37am CDT

I just hope they don't hide a much better 3rd tier that won't be unlocked because this one discouraged the backers.
Re: Images of Prototypes of Haslab Victory Saber with Exclusive Stand from Dallas Fan Expo (2116311)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 21st, 2021 @ 11:01am CDT
MaximalNui wrote:Gotta say, it still feels a bit odd that the 2nd unlock tier is a dedicated stand, since as far as I can see there's nothing about this figure that seems incompatible with other, generic stands (unless it's heavier than it looks). I could easily think of at least two, maybe three things which would make better goals (the Rescue Team Micromasters - a third of which could even be recolors of Siege Stakeout & Red Heat -; a figure of Jan - either with his manga Victories armor and a figure of Patty, or a tranformable Illumina II he could drive -; maybe the Multiforce, but with the level of engineering required, that would be pushing the budget).

Well, Star Saber is roughly Siege Jetfire sized, and while I haven't handled the mold yet (planning to get the SG version), I heard from my friend that he was too heavy for most of the single stands he has, and looked too unstable on the stands that did hold the weight

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Bruticus!" on EBAY