Monday, March 27th, 2017 10:02pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 38,115

While Titans Return Sixshot is finally reaching saturation in the US, there is of course no sign of Sky Shadow. So while a big chunk of the fandom waits, I have put together some images we have not seen yet, of how Titans Return Sky Shadow works in base mode connected to other bases in an interconnected city. He actually has 3 connection points, offering different altitudes of connection and the legs offer various possible angles to connect to other bases, as you can see below. You will also find images of how he looks like with different faces on, just for fun.

Enjoy!
Transformers News: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations

Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869906)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:06pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:God I really want that Sky Shadow. I'm really digging his design, despite him being a Overlord pretool.

How are the stickers on him, by the way? Are they garbage like the TR Megatron stickers?

And I just love how well that tank rolls. Its a very elegant transformation for his bottom half. Top Half is overly simplified though, too bad.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869908)
Posted by Kurona on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:09pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:My plan to get new leader class figures at my target has paid off, got a case of Sixshot's today at the Target in Oswego, Il ;)^

I also wanted a new leader class figure and Walmart had em:

How is it that a single column of a supermarket whose shelves are so bare it wouldn't be out of place in a zombie apocalypse movie is still making me envious compared to what we have in the UK?
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869909)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:11pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Yes they are. Thankfully there arent that many. Theres just the ones on the wings and the decepticon symbols and the later ones are perfecetly fine. This is easily the best leader of Titans return to date.

Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869910)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:15pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Image

I have realizes that shelves being stocked matters much less than what they are stocked with. The TRU next door to this walmart looked like this:

Now I dont know about you, but I think what Walmart had is way better than what TRU had.

EmirateXaaron wrote:Man, that sucks. I'm glad they're not in abundance like Megatron or the new Laser Prime, but it's still a shame. I wonder what prompted them to use such horrible quality stickers? Other than cost-cutting, of course.

Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869911)
Posted by bodrock on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:22pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
bodrock wrote:Broadside AND Sky Shadow!! ;)^

I only checked TRU today ;_;

You wouldnt have found them, this was in canada, sorry :(

Oh, right, thanks for the clarification, Will -- seeing these pics makes me want Sky Shadow, no doubt.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869912)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:25pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I really think it is just that, cost cutting :( But hey, thats the way it was in G1 so I hope at least some fans are happy.

I'd say that the G1 stickers have held up better than these new ones have. Several of the wing stickers on my TR Megs have already peeled pretty badly, and I've only transformed him twice or so. And yet my uncle's Pointblank has stickers that have survived some serious playtesting from him, me, my brothers, and my cousins, not to mention attic storage inbetween.

Although, my Sixshot has held up nicely, despite a good amount of fiddling to get all fo his different modes. Perhaps it's just bad luck with Megatron.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869913)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:30pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:

I was just being cheeky with mentioning G1. Some of the stickers on my G1 figures are fine but others have peeled off badly. But they are all from different places and aquired in the pat 3 years so I wouldnt know what happened to them.

And yes, Megatron is easily the biggest offender to the sticker issue. I dont mind the rest as much.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869914)
Posted by President-prime on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:35pm CDT
@william-james888. There's no need to take a negative at people who prefers G1 transformers. G1 people don't like shitty stickers, for your information
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869915)
Posted by RiddlerJ on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:39pm CDT
Meanwhile, Blue Bacchus remains alone and unloved. :(
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869916)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:40pm CDT
President-prime wrote:@william-james888. There's no need to take a negative at people who prefers G1 transformers. G1 people don't like **** stickers, for your information

It was a joke, I like G1 too.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869919)
Posted by RAR on March 27th, 2017 @ 11:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAR wrote:Making a modern version of Greatshot or Six Knight isn't any different to me than it is making Swerve or Tailgate... they also didn't appear in a Western cartoon and only gained significance due to later fictional appearances.
Swerve and Tailgate fought Trypticon in this cartoon battle.

Note: This video is in Japanese only because there's no English version of this fight on YouTube anymore. Otherwise, this episode is definitely from the American G1 cartoon, being the Season 3 ep "Five Faces of Darkness, Part 5".

Ok I stand corrected - I think I'd never seen that episode - I think I didn't manage to wade through all of season 3 so I likely stopped before I got that far (I think I stopped before the ark got destroyed for example) .

But it's interesting to see Pipes, Outback, Swerve, Tailgate in there as I genuinely didn't know that any of them were ever in the western cartoon. I notice Bumblebee has a roof cannon - I am surprised Takara didn't pick up on that as a bonus MP accessory.

I recall Cosmos, Powerglide, & Seaspray being in there so I obviously got that far. I really must finish watch those DVD's one of these days
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869920)
Posted by Deadput on March 27th, 2017 @ 11:00pm CDT

He just said he was joking he is not being negative at all.

Also I don't think you speak for everyone I'm pretty sure there are a few G1 "people" who like stickers.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869922)
Posted by RAR on March 27th, 2017 @ 11:12pm CDT
The G1 stickers that are poorly cut or where the ink rubs off suck. or where they tell you to put them in places they get chewed up by the Transformation - or they just don't fit (like Hotrod) are bad.

But when they don't rub and they have a little cutout to sit into they work perfectly fine.

Oh and as to the durability - I bought a G1 Powerglide at a Carboot sale over the weekend - his stickers are in great condition and I dug him out of biscuit tin full of rusty Hotwheels, Matchbox & Dinky toys.

Oh and I like Soundwave's head on Sky Shadow - that looks nice.

Has anyone found a better fan base mode for Six Shot yet ? something flatter & more ramp friendly perhaps.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869923)
Posted by President-prime on March 27th, 2017 @ 11:57pm CDT
I am talking for all G1 people. G1 people don't like "shitty" stickers. No one does. I didn't say G1 people don't like stickers. :). Just saying. I'm not offended.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869924)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 27th, 2017 @ 11:57pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

He just said he was joking he is not being negative at all.

There are good stickers and there are bad scrappy stickers. Whether you are G1 or not, we all hate crappy stickers!

And the ones used on 3x Megs suck. Sixshot's? Well the foil type are kind of a pain to mount and crimp easily, heck, I'll live.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869925)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2017 @ 11:59pm CDT
RAR wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Swerve and Tailgate fought Trypticon in this cartoon battle.

It was the fifth episode of season 3, so I'm guessing you stopped after Part 4 or so.

Swerve was also briefly seen in one scene of another season 3 episode, "Forever is a Long Time Coming", but sadly there's no clip of that scene available on YouTube that i can find. :(

Said episode was also Pipes's sole other cartoon appearance. Outback, however, got a few appearances in Part 1 of the aforementioned five-parter, and again in the episode "The Quintesson Journal".
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869927)
Posted by RAR on March 28th, 2017 @ 12:55am CDT

Anyway I'm pleased and surprised to find out (nearly all) the Minibots featured in the show after all.

Did they skip Hubcap ?
------

I wonder if Hasbro is aware how much we dislike there use of substandard sticker stock ?

Has anyone had a word in their ear about it at events ?

I actually don't mind the bonus sticker sheets - but those seem to be decent quality stickers so they are not an issue.

But Megatron for example really just needed some red paint on his wings - that was all. and a tampographed logo on his chest and on his jet nose.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869931)
Posted by RNSrobot on March 28th, 2017 @ 1:31am CDT
Bought and sold this guy in 24 hours basically to take a "test drive" (and I'm trying to cut down how many TFs I buy --- I don't *need* Shadow, nor do I have a connection to him, and Overlord is coming), and man, he's a fantastic toy. Big, bulky, still posable, and just imposing and fun. Transformation may be relatively simple but it's also satisfying and it's rad just swapping modes.

It's funny, though, looking at these pics, my daughter put a pile of Titan Masters on Blaster's base mode last night for a dance party. I want Max just for base mode for the headmasters.
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869933)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 28th, 2017 @ 1:36am CDT
RAR wrote:I think what happened it I got as far as season 2 on DVD (not having seen hardly any of season 2 until it was on DVD as it was barely published on VHS) and never even unwrapped season three from it's shrink wrap. and the season 3 eps I have seen were all on VHS releases so I've seen things like Return of Optimus Prime or Call of the Primitives on VHS. So things in parts of the 1st 2 years like Nightbird & Kremzeek were new to me as I missed those episodes until it was on DVD. and boy was that bizarre seeing Kremzeek all that time late for the 1st time.

Did they skip Hubcap ?
------

Has anyone had a word in their ear about it at events ?

I do find it odd that the stickers are only on the Titans Return toys, and not the RiD ones no matter the size. Maybe it's their way of saying: you want G1, we'll give you G1, stickers and all! :lol:
Re: Images of Sky Shadow Connected With Other Titans Return Bases In Different Configurations (1869943)
Posted by RAR on March 28th, 2017 @ 5:03am CDT
Possibly - I think they saw the positive reaction to the give away CW stickers and jumped to the wrong conclusion. As there is not stickers in Wave 1 & 2 so why add them in 3 & 4 ?

RID toys are sometimes missing paint to a horrendous degree - especially some Bumblebees.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Megatron (Beast) WFC-K10" on EBAY
Buy "Autobot Drift Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY