Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire

Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire

Friday, September 8th, 2017 4:06am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,825

From the latest Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best announcements, we discovered a new version of Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire to be available soon for retail - and thanks to images taken at the Japanese Christmas Toy Fair Expo (and uploaded on response.jp) those images have been mirrored below! Check out the cranky old Decepticon/Autobot below, and let us know what you think.

Transformers News: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire

Transformers News: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire

Credit(s): Response.jp

Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909221)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 8th, 2017 @ 4:36am CDT
Hard to tell from these shots how that Jetfire's deco will be different from the ROTF original or the DOTM 2 pack with buster Optimus version. :-?
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909222)
Posted by Bounti76 on September 8th, 2017 @ 4:36am CDT
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909223)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 8th, 2017 @ 4:47am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Definitely a better robot mode (nicer colored plastics and paint apps), but worth $100? Not so sure.

The regular ROTF leader Jetfire sell for between 50$ to 100$ on Ebay. So 100$ for a Premium deco is not too bad. The real question is, is it worth that to you?
For example, I didn't hesitate for a second to buy 6 vintage headmasters from 1986-1987 at 120$CAN+tx each, but I find the TLK movie deluxes way too expensive at 30$CAN+tx. Same thing with TR Octone.
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909231)
Posted by Quantum Surge on September 8th, 2017 @ 6:54am CDT
I wonder if he still has the English sound box or a new one in Japanese a la the MB-11 Optimus Prime.
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909233)
Posted by DeathReviews on September 8th, 2017 @ 7:06am CDT
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909243)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 8th, 2017 @ 8:20am CDT
DeathReviews wrote:If this is in any way like the movie leader Jetfire, no thanks. That thing was garbage...
It's the same mold.
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909470)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 8th, 2017 @ 5:44pm CDT
I too am still hopeful for a new Blackout. That guy was sick.
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909516)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 8th, 2017 @ 8:56pm CDT
He looks like he's got a really long mustache. A cookie duster for sure.
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909519)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 8th, 2017 @ 9:11pm CDT
The Optimus Prime on the back right must be the Revenge Edition, as I see it has the original window pieces and not the retooled ones for the DotM releases. I'm also spotting the hand-held Battle Hooks, so it look like it's a hybrid using the Jetwing/Striker forearms.
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909578)
Posted by Va'al on September 9th, 2017 @ 2:32am CDT
We have, directly from Takara Tomy Transformers and their Twitter account, a look at the recently revealed Movie The Best figures, including Bonecrusher, Nemesis Prime, Jetfire, Jazz, Megatron, Hound and more! Check out the admittedly small image below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub.

Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909581)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on September 9th, 2017 @ 2:48am CDT
Deluxe lockdown with mask?! yes please!

Do we have any confirmation what if anything RoTF (?) Prime comes with... I see knuckles... will he be buster/striker/jetwing?
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909582)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on September 9th, 2017 @ 2:51am CDT
That Jazz is also tempting... always liked that mold... even if the Human Alliance was the best portrayal of his character
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909590)
Posted by Insurgent on September 9th, 2017 @ 3:45am CDT
Tlk hound and tlk leader megs?

Ok.....

Odd choice considering how new those are. That prime looks sweet.
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909591)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on September 9th, 2017 @ 3:49am CDT
Regarding Megatron... that's the paintjob I was EXPECTING takara to go with... a bit bummed nemesis prime is just the Calibur with the appropriate face paint. If I didn't already have Hasbro Megs and Calibur... I'd get that set.
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909592)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on September 9th, 2017 @ 3:50am CDT
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909632)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on September 9th, 2017 @ 9:01am CDT
TLK HOUND WITH AOE HOUND'S WEAPONS

YEEEEES
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1909664)
Posted by william-james88 on September 9th, 2017 @ 12:55pm CDT
Insurgent wrote:Tlk hound and tlk leader megs?

Ok.....

Odd choice considering how new those are. That prime looks sweet.

There is also TLK BB and the latest Calibur Prime as well. I totally called it (I think, I forget what I mentioned). But yeah, I was pretty sure we would get some of these new molds here since this would be the line to give them the premium paint job the mainline chose not to do (by just releasing the same Hasbro figures).

Wont get any though. I already got MB 11, so no need for yet another ROTF Leader Prime mold and I am not so much of a fan of the other molds that I need them in a better paint scheme.

SpikeyTigertron wrote:Is Bonecrusher worth picking up? I know he's a rare find now... never had him in the past (didn't love the old monster decepticon designs)

If you dont like those designs, then the Bonecrusher figure wont win you over. He is too small to scale well with anyone and very spindly in construction.
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1910011)
Posted by shajaki on September 10th, 2017 @ 8:53pm CDT
shajaki wrote:From there, what can we assume?

MB-12 Autobot Jazz 3500 - Deluxe. Movie 1 mold. Why not the vastly superior HA mold?? They did it for Soundwave!

MB-13 Bonecrusher 3500 - Deluxe. Movie 1 mold. Rare these days so it's a good choice.

MB-14 Megatron 8000 - Starting to get dicey. Looking at the previous MB figure prices, no Voyagers were priced this high, so I gotta assume Leader. And there's only 3 Megs in that size class. Won't be TLK, ROTF has had multiple releases, so I'm betting on it being Movie 1.

MB-15 Lockdown 3500 - Deluxe. Pretty unexciting.

MB-16 Jetfire 10,000 - ROTF Leader obviously. Interested to see the deco.

MB-17 Optimus Prime Revenge Version 15,000 - I'm at a loss for this one. The only way to justify that price point for me is if it were Leader Prime + Upgrade. Like Jetwing. But that was DOTM. And Buster Prime was DOTM too wasn't it?

MB-18 War Hammer Bumblebee 3500 - Deluxe something. Too many Bee molds for me to speculate which one.

MB-19 Hound 5000 - Voyager AOE? Again, why rerelease a mold (TLK) that's still on shelves?

MB-20 Nemesis Prime 8000 - Leader.... AOE or TLK molds in TLK Nemesis colors. Best guess.
Alrighty then.... take 2!

MB-12 Autobot Jazz 3500 - Deluxe Movie 1 mold. 99% sure I'll pass since I already have the Premium Version.

MB-13 Bonecrusher 3500 - Deluxe Movie 1 mold. Colors seem pretty light... not sure I'm into it. I can't believe they're releasing this ancient mold again in a premium line... and I still want to hunt down the expensive original #-o

MB-14 Megatron 8000 - TLK Leader? Takara giving us the deco they should have given us the first time.

MB-15 Lockdown 3500 - AOE Deluxe. New head, but I'll probably pass. The size class still bothers me.

MB-16 Jetfire 10,000 - ROTF Leader. Deco is as nice or better than the pricey 2-pack one. I need the mold, so bought!

MB-17 Optimus Prime Revenge Version 15,000 - Need to see more of this....

MB-18 War Hammer Bumblebee 3500 - Deluxe TLK ? Takara giving us what they should have given us the first time. But I don't have the mold yet (because it's barely even released!!!) so I guess getting this is an easy decision.

MB-19 Hound 5000 - Voyager TLK? Takara giving us the deco they should have given us the first time.

MB-20 Nemesis Prime 8000 - Caliber Prime evil'ized. Can't be too bitter about this last one. I do want a good and bad version of this mold sooooo....
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1910014)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 10th, 2017 @ 9:10pm CDT
Transformers Movie 2007 deluxe Bonecrusher.
100% complete at 40$US plus shipping on average on Ebay.

Seriously, is that like ROTF Leader Megatron in the DOTM years all over again?
Re: Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best Jetfire (1910016)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 10th, 2017 @ 9:13pm CDT
shajaki wrote:MB-17 Optimus Prime Revenge Version 15,000 - Need to see more of this...

This will be another RotF Leader Optimus Prime hybrid. The standard RotF window pieces and chest (so prepare for transformation woes), but with the forearms of the DotM Jetwing/Striker version, plus I believe the hands of the Ultimate Edition, with the articulated fingers. Add the handheld hooks for "Give me your FACE!" to that total... Trying to top MB-11 they're not :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Sixgun, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Prowl Bluestreak and Smokescreen Lot of 3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MechFansToys MF-0 Megatron Hot Soldiers Optimus Prime Lot G1 Legend" on EBAY