Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging

Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging

Saturday, February 6th, 2010 8:54pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 33,652

Japanese Toy Blog - www.dannychoo.com has posted new images that showcase Takara's Version of Transformers Animated toys.
Japanese toy collectors will be getting all new packaging for this series. The image also shows the Optimus Prime & Megatron 2 Pack in package as well as Prime & Bumblebee toys.

Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging
Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging

Japanese version of Transformers Animated cartoon is scheduled to be broadcasted in Japan on 3rd April 2010.

See original post here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest information on Transformers!

Credit(s): Dannychoo.com

This article was last modified on Sunday, February 7th, 2010 4:26am CST

Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044744)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 6th, 2010 @ 9:07pm CST
that is some bad ass boxes!!! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044763)
Posted by Megazarak on February 6th, 2010 @ 10:09pm CST
Those look great. The Animated line is almost surefire to see great success over in Japan. Kind of makes you sad that it's over.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044767)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on February 6th, 2010 @ 10:25pm CST
But you're big in Japan, tonight, big in japan...

Seriously, this boxes are the true meaning of EPICNESS.
That means TakaraTomy strongly believes in Animated, maybe there will be more toys an a new cartoon in the future once Transformers: Prime fails dramatically, you know, a la Robots in Disguise following Beast Machines.
Live long, Animated, live long.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044774)
Posted by Starscream on February 6th, 2010 @ 11:00pm CST
WOW some of the best packaging EVER!
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044776)
Posted by First Gen on February 6th, 2010 @ 11:19pm CST
Dam, with the risk of sounding like a Takara fanboy, especially since I don't like Animated, these are NICE!!!! The paint looks so much better, not kiddish like the ones I buy for my son.

Man if these are reasonably priced I may snag some.

On another note, what if Japan continues Animated ala G1?
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044780)
Posted by Nekoman on February 6th, 2010 @ 11:41pm CST
Though I like those metallic paints jobs, the dull colors had a more cartoony look, and better resembled the show IMO. I like that prime though, so I might get him.

Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044782)
Posted by Blurrz on February 6th, 2010 @ 11:43pm CST
Damn those are just way too beautiful... But like everything beautiful, it's also damn expenisive on my bank account! *looks at women*
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044792)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 6th, 2010 @ 11:58pm CST
That almost makes me want to get them. OH WAIT! It's Animated so pass.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044797)
Posted by Diem on February 7th, 2010 @ 12:19am CST
Nekoman wrote:Does anyone else think these boxes look very typical in comparison to other Japanese toy packages? They look too much like Revoltech or some MSIA boxes. Then again, I do like how it looks, so oh well.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Bumblebee's box looks pretty distinctive and eye-catching, but Prime's box seems to have been designed to be reminiscent of both Alternity, and a lot of typical hobby figure boxes.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044806)
Posted by Mechastrike on February 7th, 2010 @ 12:41am CST
i still like what they've done with the toys: cool paint job and chrome.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044816)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 7th, 2010 @ 1:14am CST
I love the packaging. I love how Prime looks there, the richness and depth of the colors on his vehicle and robot mode.

But, that's just the lighting of the set... I'm quickly reminded that they're metallic and chrome paints when I see Bumblebee.

The cartoon was bright and vibrant, but it wasn't chromed or metallic. It's part of why the toys worked so well, they were show accurate. They lose some of their toonish feel in these color schemes, and that ruins the feel of it all, at least for me.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044817)
Posted by Kibble on February 7th, 2010 @ 1:19am CST
The Voyager Prime Megs 2 pack is a bit odd. Don't recall seeing that on BBTS for pre-order... I do like the look of that Prime though.

So when's Wingblade Prime supposed to come out here? (Here being the US...) I was pretty anti Animated, but I ended up buying Prime and Megs because I thought I should at least pick up the staples (and because leader Megs was only $20) and I ended up really liking Prime...as long as his face plate is up! So I ended up getting about a dozen of the figs from there and liked about half of them quite a bit...and thinking the other half were okay. While I'm at it, I should probably own up to all the smack I've talked about Animated the last couple years. Not my favorite line, but they're really not that bad, and most aren't as simplistic as I had them pegged for.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044818)
Posted by freaky777 on February 7th, 2010 @ 1:23am CST
Well from the looks of it I like it.. Its really nice but Im only getting Arcee from Takara ANimated line due to the pricing.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044832)
Posted by prmlove1 on February 7th, 2010 @ 3:17am CST
This is the first time since Car Robots/RID that I think the Takara versions look good to the point that I'd rather have them over the American versions but their is no way I am paying $20.00 to $30.00 for a deluxe figure. That is crazy. There may be some figures put out that we did not originally get but we will likely get those too. I do not think there will be too many additional figures because Takara originally thought Animated was a bad idea and this is supposed to be a filler line like RID was to us. And for those people who think that Transformers: Prime is gonna tank, may I remind you that when animated was announced people were thinking the same exact thing and it turns out to be the best thing since the Beast Wars cartoons.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044833)
Posted by prmlove1 on February 7th, 2010 @ 3:20am CST
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044834)
Posted by Diem on February 7th, 2010 @ 3:24am CST
prmlove1 wrote:One more thing, is this the first time that Takara is actually naming Optimus Prime as "Prime" instead of Convoy on the packaging?

Nope. Bayformer Prime is called Optimus Prime in Japan. Also the Titanium Primes are sold as Optimus Prime in Japan but that's due to Galoob being cheap and using the American packaging.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044839)
Posted by mechabooks on February 7th, 2010 @ 4:02am CST
OOOO...shiney. I wants. I'm gonna be like a magpie and snatch 'em up!
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044841)
Posted by Blurrz on February 7th, 2010 @ 4:08am CST
Added another picture to the news post;

Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044853)
Posted by Didicos on February 7th, 2010 @ 6:00am CST
I think it's time for me to start collecting TFA too...
:???:
Re: Images of Takara Transformers Animated Toys & Packaging (1044870)
Posted by Savage on February 7th, 2010 @ 6:40am CST
Those paintjobs...

Those packages...

This makes me glad I never bought a Hasbro Animated Prime. I see myself buying some Takara Animated stuff in the future.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Shockwave Energon Armor Cyberverse Adventures - Optimus Prime 8"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia NEW! SEALED!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - War For Cybertron Kingdom Trilogy Leader Class Megatron(Beast)" on EBAY
Buy "Series 4 MEGATRON Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotCon 2003 T-Shirt XL Optimus Prime vs. Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Deluxe Chromia Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot New MIB Betatron Combiner Scattorshot " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY