Thursday, August 10th, 2017 10:18am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 16,305

Japanese Twitter users @Gadepon, @JUS_in_FSS and @ripetakobozu have posted our first look at the LG-43 Legends Trypticon box with the finished Trypticon toy perched on top of it. While lighting is always a factor, it really seems like there are no discernible deco difference between this Trypticon and the Hasbro release. Cool box though!

Transformers News: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box

Credit(s): twitter

Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903406)
Posted by o.supreme on August 10th, 2017 @ 10:29am CDT
*stares at Getter Robo and Great Mazinger toys...* looks right...oh hey Trypticon, neat! ;)
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903407)
Posted by Kurona on August 10th, 2017 @ 10:30am CDT
The Mighty Trypticon, in all his glory... sellotaped to a cardboard box.

"Danger! Please don't touch!" yeah, or else Trypty'll fall on you and smash your head in.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903408)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 10th, 2017 @ 10:33am CDT
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903410)
Posted by Randomhero on August 10th, 2017 @ 10:35am CDT
He looks so naked without the stickers.

I only did a third of my stickers. I quit 3 times trying to apply them.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903414)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:00am CDT
DUDE! Hasbro Reissue, please!!!!

I kid you not, Metroplex did not come to my area AT ALL. ANYWHERE.

If this ends up getting a PotP reissue, I will feel significantly more confident in my theory about the future of the Generations line.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903416)
Posted by o.supreme on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:08am CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:DUDE! Hasbro Reissue, please!!!!

I kid you not, Metroplex did not come to my area AT ALL. ANYWHERE.

I believe you 100%, because I'm in the same situation (well I was told it was at a Costco near me during the 2013 holidays, but I never found any proof of that...)

So yeah a Hasbro reissue would be nice, but I figure this is the next best thing. Its not being released until March of 2018. So I can pre-order now, and if Hasbro does make an announcement in the interim I can cancel.

Usually I prefer TT over Hasbro, especially when it comes to Combiners, but the price point of Titans just makes the Hasbro ones much more desirable. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the Japanese Fort max, but the price is just too steep. As many have stated however, there does not seem to be that much of a discernible difference between Hasbros TR Trypticon and TT Legends Dinosaurer.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903419)
Posted by Randomhero on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:14am CDT
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903420)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:15am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I wonder if the Japanese fandom had yet heard about the QC issues with the Hasbro version of Trypticon. If the Takara version is the same, Japan might be in for a few unpleasant surprises.

Notice they removed the chest piece that holds Full Tilt? Because that panel won't stay closed from the weight. Soft bendy plastic. Mine is warped. So it looks like it will probably have the same issues as the Hasbro version.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903421)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:17am CDT
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903423)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:21am CDT
Randomhero wrote:I wouldn't put too much money on a hasbro metroplex reissue. That would mean we wouldn't be getting scorponok or that rumored predaking for 2018

I assumed the one-titan-per-year was mostly about cutting production costs rather than the financial burden on the fans.

Maybe I'm a little too cynical, but I can see Hasbro releasing/rereleasing two Titans in the same year.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903424)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:22am CDT
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903426)
Posted by william-james88 on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:26am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:I'm a little surprised Legend's Trippy doesn't come with anything extra. not even a little Brunt to go along.

so much for that extra catapult people were excited about :twisted:
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903427)
Posted by Desslok2201 on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:31am CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:

I put a thin bead of silicon adhesive on the back of the chest piece (where the purple tabs go in on the back) and it worked wonders and is invisible
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903428)
Posted by o.supreme on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:35am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:It's been brought to my attention that, with this Metroplex reissue being released in the Legends line, he might come with a new pack-in comic of his own. :shock: :KREMZEEK:

the description on BBTS does mention a comic. I never had the first one form TT, so I wasn't aware this was a new thing.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903429)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:39am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

The Japanese Generations line didn't have pack-in comics.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903431)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:54am CDT
The clones, just the bot-mode this time --

Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903433)
Posted by Randomhero on August 10th, 2017 @ 11:54am CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:

It's more of an annual thing than anything else. Yeah cost is a thing but a titan is also meant to be the crown gem of the line. Plus he doesn't have a gimmick to go with titan masters or prime masters. Could they add a feature? Sure but the you got production costs on retooling and then it's not just simply a repaint or release It's gonna have to go through the safety's tests again which is more costs. It's more plausible to have one release than two.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903436)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 10th, 2017 @ 12:03pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:

For the sake of argument, there doesn't seem to be any indication that the PotP Predaking will have any specific Prime Master integration like the rest of the size classes. It still might when it comes out, but just so the point is made.

It seems, to me, that PotP is more of a catch-all line to finish the trilogy as opposed to a line that focuses entirely on the gimmick the way Titans Return did.

You're probably right, but I really want a Metroplex reissue.

*Edit: It has been brought to my attention the Predaking does, in fact, have Prime Master integration.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903437)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 10th, 2017 @ 12:07pm CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:For the sake of argument, there doesn't seem to be any indication that the PotP Predaking will have any specific Prime Master indication like the rest of the size classes. It still might when it comes out, but just so the point is made.
There was something mentioned in the big leak about Predaking being able to have a Prime Master fit into the lion mouth of his chest.
Re: Images of Takara Transformers LG-43 Legends Trypticon Finished Toy on Top of his Box (1903438)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 10th, 2017 @ 12:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Oh shoot! You're right. Didn't notice it when the leak dropped and then had trouble finding it just now. :BOWDOWN:

Less hope. But still hopeful.

Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY