Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype

Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype

Tuesday, August 21st, 2007 2:24pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 76,587

A new auction has surfaced featuring a prototype of the Megatron figure from the upcoming Transformers: Animated series.

The images of the prototype are 'hidden' in an auction for a prototype of the Fast Action Battler Optimus Prime figure from the Transformers Movie.

See the auction (you'll need to scroll down to see the images) here.

Credit(s): jkhan7

Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298309)
Posted by Anonymous on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:30pm CDT
Looks like a Go-Bot (the newer ones).
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298315)
Posted by Gaijin on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:32pm CDT
What the frak is he supposed to turn into?
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298318)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:33pm CDT
Tallgeese wrote:Think these animated figures will be made of better plastics than the movie line though?

If it gets worse, I'm going into G1 pursuits only. :?
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298320)
Posted by magnusupreme on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:34pm CDT
cool
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298321)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:34pm CDT
Not that I thought I was gonna be, but I'm not impressed.

If this is Voyager or Leader class, it'll be the first Megatron I passed on in years.

However, as deluxe, he's drone worthy, even though that jet is pretty falic.
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298322)
Posted by grizzly1 on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:34pm CDT
ummm...

hey! how bout those classics, they look kool!

seriously, this whole animated thing makes me shudder.
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298324)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:35pm CDT
Interesting.....I like it for the most part..but now I'm disappointed that he's not like he was in that spectacualr pic wesaw that looked like WWI Megs....Oh well.
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298329)
Posted by Nemesis Hacker on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:37pm CDT
my consider i quite like him the clear plastic looks good
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298333)
Posted by lanzajr26 on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:39pm CDT
Megatron just can't get a decent alt mode can he. The Decepticons have enough jets, why can't we get some kind of cannon mode for him since a gun is out of the question?
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298344)
Posted by Anonymous on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:43pm CDT
Alternate mode reminds me of that blue hovercraft (part of Ultimate Transmax Megazord) in the recent "Operation overdrive" Power Rangers show...
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298352)
Posted by Obsidian_Prime on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:45pm CDT
Has anyone seen the preview of Transformers Animated at Comic-con?
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298362)
Posted by Duke of Luns on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:48pm CDT
Are those turbines/fans on the wings? Well if so, then Hasbro should forget the inevitable "Galvatron" repaint and make an Autobot out of him,homaging Skyhammer:

The outer shells look similar to me.
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298368)
Posted by InvaderJes on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:49pm CDT
I like most of what I've seen reguarding the cartoon so far. Not this, though. Eh. It doesn't say 'Megatron' to me.
I imagine this is a deluxe.

I scrolled back up to look again. It's already growing on me. I'm so easy.
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298378)
Posted by --B-- on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:53pm CDT
I think that this will be a pick and choose line for a lot of people. I'll reserve judgement on Megs here until I see the final product.
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298380)
Posted by Creature SH on August 21st, 2007 @ 2:54pm CDT
Reminds me of Thunderwing a little. Well, maybe more than a little.
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298398)
Posted by Night~GONE on August 21st, 2007 @ 3:02pm CDT
prototype pic not in color
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298400)
Posted by upther on August 21st, 2007 @ 3:02pm CDT
It getss a giant scoop of MEH with some UGH on the side from me.
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298412)
Posted by 1337W422102 on August 21st, 2007 @ 3:06pm CDT
Epic case of DO NOT WANT. I was hoping that the movie wouldn't influence the designs of future lines...
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298433)
Posted by Kimmer on August 21st, 2007 @ 3:13pm CDT
thx to the craptastic movie designs, we now get craptastic toy designs. the dissapointment continues. more encores please.
Re: Images of Transformers: Animated Megatron Toy Prototype (298438)
Posted by Night~GONE on August 21st, 2007 @ 3:15pm CDT
You know whats so cool abouy you guys you see one prototype and it makes the whole line suck.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Primes Beachcomber Hot Rod Cyberverse Megatron Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "NIB Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge Target Exclusive Figure" on EBAY