Wednesday, July 8th, 2015 9:12pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 30,333

At the Hasbro booth Seiberton was able to snap some earlier pictures of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound! They are all repaints and heavy retools of Combiner Wars Breakdown, Deadend, Offroad and Rook that was revealed just recently at Botcon! Let us know what you think of these new Combiner War figures here at the Seibertron.com forums. With all four Autobots already received the modern update will they be replacing your Generations and Universe versions?

Check out the images we've mirrored below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates from SDCC, plus the best galleries around!

Transformers News: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC

This article was last modified on Wednesday, July 8th, 2015 11:38pm CDT

Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707407)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 8th, 2015 @ 9:31pm CDT
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707412)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 8th, 2015 @ 9:35pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:They look nice, will probably only get hound if I like the swindle mold. I anticipate that I will, and hound does pull the mold off well; I'd go so far as to say that this is what a 'classics' re-imagining of hound should look like - i.e. one that isn't slavishly g1 accurate - I actually like the look of him better than any g1 styled version of him.

Better than this?

Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707416)
Posted by Latyrx7 on July 8th, 2015 @ 9:42pm CDT
Smokescreen is sick!
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707418)
Posted by Bronzewolf on July 8th, 2015 @ 9:46pm CDT
(This is my first post here, even though I've been silently watching from afar for a long time now ;) )
~~BW
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707419)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 8th, 2015 @ 9:47pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

Better than this?

I dunno, I don't like most of the G1 autobots, they were bland, or recolors, or bland recolors of bland characters with bland figures. Just the same design (hood chest, trunk for feet, etc.) pounded out over and over again. Say what you will, but at least beast wars had interesting designs that really stood out once it hit it's stride.
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707422)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 8th, 2015 @ 9:51pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:I mean it's nice and all, what with the bland face and what not, I was 1000% more interested with the ravage figure he came with >:oP

Lol
so buy beast war figures!! :P I hope they unveil some new ones... cause you know beast wars 20th anniversary is around the corner.. so you know Beast Wars Dinobot please!!!
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707423)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 8th, 2015 @ 9:52pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:I'm kinda bummed with that 'Jack. I'll take my MP-20, thanks. (Yeah, I know that's kind of a mean comparison ;) ) Though, that smokescreen tempts me... :-?
~~BW

Welcome Bronzewolf! Glad you're finally joining us! :D
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707424)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 8th, 2015 @ 9:53pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

Lol

Well that's why I never bought most of the classics/universe stuff >:oP

Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707428)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:07pm CDT
I truly hope there are people out there that like these new Autobot figures more than the Classics, Universe, Generations, & RtS versions. Especially if they missed out before.

I'm not going to say these CW updates suck.
If you like them, cool.

But my personal opinion is that these are not as good as what's been offered before.
I'm not interested in talking about how short these fall from previous releases.
The headsculpts are spot-on... Imo really impressive.
But because they've been made with the ability to combine, other things were sacrificed.

Please believe this isn't me mindlessly defending my collection...
I just know it's a far stretch to say that this new Smokescreen is better than the Henkei "Classics" version.
Or even the Hound figures that have been compared already.

People can call the older versions bland...
I call them legitimately sound, updated G1 representations.
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707430)
Posted by Bronzewolf on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:09pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:
~~BW

Welcome Bronzewolf! Glad you're finally joining us! :D

Thanks, mooncake! Glad to finally be here.

Yeah, honestly? I agree about Hound. A non-g1 Hound spikes my interest. I'll skip Wheeljack and Trailbreaker. Unnecessary remolds/combiner limbs. And Primus knows I won't have enough of those by the time Bruticus and Victorion come out. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707431)
Posted by prjkt on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:18pm CDT
I'm not sure if it's just the lighting, but I really don't like that Smokescreen.
Wheeljack is probably the best of the bunch with his retooling, just needs a little black paint on those fake chest windows. Hound is a close second, but I'm not sure he'll replace my Generations version.
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707432)
Posted by Cobotron on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:20pm CDT
I think it's awesome that 10 year olds who don't even know "Classics" exists, get to have really cool looking and fun versions of these classic characters.
I'm happy to have multiple versions of these classic characters. Especially if they combine.
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707435)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:25pm CDT
Combiner Wars Wheeljack and Hound look amazing. They're not superior to their previous Classics releases, but they look damn good for retools/repaints. It's nice that Trailbreaker gets his gun hand, but it should have been on his left hand, not his right. Smokescreen looks a little off to me. I think Prowl with his color layout pulls off that mold a lot better. Still, I agree with Cobotron, these are great entry level G1 offerings for young kids graduating from the likes of Rescue Bots and Robots in Disguise 2015. I'm thinking X-mas presents for my nephew with some of these. :)
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707436)
Posted by misfire19d on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:25pm CDT
I like em all. Not fired up about Sky Lynx though.
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707438)
Posted by Cobotron on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:35pm CDT
So thinking about these four ark bots, got me to thinking about who's left.
Now I'm just shootin' the moon here, but I would love to see...

Voyager Blaster as torso, with his street smart, break dancing, city bot team of - Bluestreak, Hoist, Sideswipe, and Jazz. :P
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707441)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:44pm CDT
I think the old Prowl mould could stand replacing (so that's Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen). On it's own it wasn't bad, but the paint on all the figures was terrible and just ruined it. I'm pretty happy with what I already have, though.
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707443)
Posted by Flashwave on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:47pm CDT
Well, especially since I don't have the Classics fig, I think I'll be getting Smokey. I'll pobably get Prowl then too, since mine's losing his paint. I want to like Hound, but I will probably forever have Hound running around with Cloud Crosshairs (Sorry, Roadbuster) IDW Drift, AOE Rollbvar (getting the pattern now>?) and I just don't feel the CW asthetic works with those figs. Swindle's a definite. I also want to like Trailbreaker and Gun hand (have we cinfirmed it's CWFist compatible liek Rook?) but I don't like the hood on the Offroad Mold and I;m already putting up with it for Ironhide, so... Wheeljack's vehicle mode is Awesome, and I'd love to phase out his Genration mold, only because I have EVCERY OTHER character produced from it, but I don't think I will end up doing so, so Smokey will be alone... and not combined anyway.
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707444)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:47pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:So thinking about these four ark bots, got me to thinking about who's left.
Now I'm just shootin' the moon here, but I would love to see...

Rumor mill has Blaster being a headmaster.
Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707455)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2015 @ 11:25pm CDT

While I agree to an extent, I will say that the Marvel Comics (especially the UK ones) were vastly superior to the Sunbow cartoon. Those comics made great characters out of these guys, especially (of all bots) Ratchet! 8)

Hellscream9999 wrote:Dinobot would be pretty hard to get super screen accurate, he was pretty massive in bot mode and the beast mode was really lithe. It could be possible if they re-engineered the bw figure.
Henkei! Henkei! Dinobot is a thing of show-accurate beauty! :michaelbay:

Re: Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Smockescreen, Trailbreaker and Hound at SDCC (1707458)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 8th, 2015 @ 11:29pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Blasphemy! ;)

Honestly, though, I found the comics to be a weird confusing mess. The cartoon has its faults but I think I'm not the only one to say that the Movie was the pinnacle of G1 storytelling

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Cloud TFC-A03 Hot Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY