Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys

Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys

Thursday, March 18th, 2010 9:42am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Delicon   Views: 31,320

Courtesy of Japanese toy retailer Ami Ami we're happy to bring you images of a new upcoming product offering from Takara.

While most of the new Japanese Animated figures are merely repainted versions of their US counterparts, a new sub-line has apparently been launched which is known as "Diablock."

As you will see in the pictures, Diablock toys seemed aimed at the LEGO collector crowd and bear some similarity to the Hasbro BTR (Built to Rule) line of a few years ago.

These figures do in fact transform from robot to vehicle, and are slated for a June 4th release in Japan.

Here are the preorder pages, complete with images of Bumblebee and Optimus Prime.

As always, stay right here at Seibertron.com for the best Transfortmers coverage from all over the world.

Credit(s): Amiami.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, March 18th, 2010 10:12am CDT

Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055554)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 18th, 2010 @ 10:05am CDT
Not my cup of tea.
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055565)
Posted by Talous on March 18th, 2010 @ 10:50am CDT
Somewhat better than the BTR line but not something I'd buy.
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055570)
Posted by Liftgate on March 18th, 2010 @ 11:13am CDT
Hehe. Prime's truck mode looks exactly like Megabolt Megatron. That's weird. These are pretty awful looking, I dunno what kind of person would approve these, or what kinda character designed them in the first place, but geez. I don't even think it's a product cost thing, they just didn't have a clue what they were doing it seems.
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055571)
Posted by --B-- on March 18th, 2010 @ 11:14am CDT
Bumblebee is pretty good, especially if you don't have to take any parts off to transform him. Prime, not so much.
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055573)
Posted by Delicon on March 18th, 2010 @ 11:16am CDT
It's not my "cup of tea" either but we're not the type they are marketing. When I was a kid I built my own Optimus Prime out of LEGOs and he obviously couldn't transform. Had you given me one of these in 1984 I would have been the happiest kid around.
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055583)
Posted by Liftgate on March 18th, 2010 @ 12:07pm CDT
Aaah, maybe. But in 1984 I think I would've stuck some of my own legos on them to make 'em look better.

A lego prime you say? Probably better than my orange Gobot dump truck stand in for Prime. Heh.
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055587)
Posted by mechabooks on March 18th, 2010 @ 12:18pm CDT
I'll bet some big kids will like them.
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055635)
Posted by Zeds on March 18th, 2010 @ 4:44pm CDT
What a waste of good plastic!
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055647)
Posted by Octocon on March 18th, 2010 @ 5:15pm CDT
It's been a long time, so im sure i dnt have the knack anymore. but as a kid, i could have probably designed at made better than these (and they have the facility to make custom blocks, i wud have used what bits of lego & technic i had floating around)
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055680)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 18th, 2010 @ 6:27pm CDT
Yuck, not for me.
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055696)
Posted by Delicon on March 18th, 2010 @ 6:55pm CDT
The love within this thread is incredible.

Liftgate, I actually did have a G1 Prime, although I didn't get him until early 1985. Still had a lot of love for my LEGO Prime, although if I saw him today I'd probably wonder what that blue and red pile of blocks was supposed to be.
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055709)
Posted by Blurrz on March 18th, 2010 @ 7:08pm CDT
Poor unfortunate souls who have to buy this.
Re: Images of upcoming Animated Diablock Optimus Prime and Bumblebee toys (1055759)
Posted by Liftgate on March 18th, 2010 @ 9:34pm CDT
"The love within this thread is incredible."

"Poor unfortunate souls who have to buy this."

Aahahaha!

Delicon, I didn't get a real Prime until probably 1987. Got him from a garage sale and his hands were missing. To this day they still are. ...I should really buy him some hands. ...and a gun. That's just sad. :-|

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 ALPHA TRION Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box Transformers vs GI Joe Optimus Prime & Cobra Commander GS Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Heatwave the Fire Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Polar Claw with Bat MISSILE" on EBAY
Buy "FUNKO POP! G.I. JOE Vs Transformers Cobra Pin Set GAMESTOP Exclusive" on EBAY