Transformers News: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail

Saturday, August 31st, 2019 12:01PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 36,074

With Ratchet being out in Canada, I figured I could take some images to show just how different this mold is from Ironhide. The retool connotation has been outdated for ages now and the advent of computer aided drawing meansthe actual mold doesn't need to be retouched to give something new. You can some parts at the design level and then mix and match the existing and new molding. Which is why while Ratchet may look similar to Ironhide at first glance, the amount of new parts outweighs the amount of parts shared with Ironhide (which is mainly the chest, feet and back of the legs).

Below you will see the difference in parts for Ratchet's head, shoudlers, chasis, wheels, pelvis, vehicle "grill", front of legs (inner molded detail is different as well), hands and forearms. The later are asymetric since one of his forearms has four extra tools molded in as detail for the medeical bay mode.

Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036501)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 31st, 2019 @ 12:07pm CDT
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036502)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 31st, 2019 @ 12:09pm CDT
Stargrave wrote:Thanks to fellow Seibertronian bounti76 we have a sighting of the Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Micromasters Off-Road Patrol with Highjump and Autobot Powertrain! bounti76 spotted these at a Target in West Valley, Utah, and this writer has also spotted them at a local Target here in California as well. They're definitely out on the road and hitting the pegs so keep your optics peeled out there Seibertronians.

Then thanks to our other fellow Seibertronian Owen we now know the Off Road Patrol is available at Amazon. Just click on any of the images below to head to Amazon to purchase this new Micromasters 2-pack.

Happy hunting out there Siebertronians. Let us know about your finds in the forums, update your home state's sightings page, and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Picked this up in Lincoln, Nebraska a little over a week ago. Gotten all the new stuff here except for Battlemasters - Still on Wave 1 of that.

Also, all of our Galaxy Primes disappeared overnight. We HAD a bunch of them. Now they're just gone. And right before Target canceled my (5x delayed) preorder.
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036503)
Posted by william-james88 on August 31st, 2019 @ 12:13pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:If my Walmart would bother stocking Transformers, maybe I'd be able to get a Ratchet too.

You will never find him at Walmart, he isnt sold there.
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036505)
Posted by Stargrave on August 31st, 2019 @ 12:59pm CDT
Thanks William-James! I’m so excited for Ratchet I can’t wait to get him. I didn’t know about the tools on the forearm that’s so cool.

Back 35 years ago Ironhide and Ratchet were two I dreamed of having with the sled/bay and the chrome I thought they were so awesome but I never got them. Time to rectify ;)^
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036507)
Posted by wolverinetodd on August 31st, 2019 @ 1:06pm CDT

Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036509)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 31st, 2019 @ 1:12pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

You will never find him at Walmart, he isnt sold there.

wolverinetodd wrote:Wouldn't do you any good if your Walmart did stock Transformers, since Ratchet is a Walgreens exclusive.

-Kanrabat- is Canadian, I don't think there are Walgreens there. Instead, Ratchet was found there at EB Games:

Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Exclusive Ratchet out at Canadian Retail

Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036510)
Posted by Bounti76 on August 31st, 2019 @ 1:12pm CDT
wolverinetodd wrote:

He's in Canada, though. Still, Ratchet is an EB Games exclusive there.
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036512)
Posted by Bucky on August 31st, 2019 @ 1:38pm CDT
Pretty stoked to see that my favorite Autobot isn’t just a straight redeco. I honestly would have still bought him on sight, even if he were, but this is so much better. The new sculpting is enough to differentiate him from Ironhide, while still looking like his moldmate.

Here’s hoping he pops up at my Walgreens.
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036514)
Posted by notirishman on August 31st, 2019 @ 1:43pm CDT
makes me wish crosshairs was a mix n match of both molds to create something more unique instead of being jus ironhide
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036515)
Posted by Stargrave on August 31st, 2019 @ 1:50pm CDT
I love this Ironhide. I have to do my Ironhide impression every time I look at him...every time I look into a monitor Prime my circuits sizzle...

He looks cool with every gun in the line too and he’s huge. So much awesome.
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036518)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on August 31st, 2019 @ 2:31pm CDT
My wife snagged this photo of Powertrain & High Jump at our local Target in Virginia.

SGM
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036526)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 31st, 2019 @ 3:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

You will never find him at Walmart, he isnt sold there.

Where? TrU?
If it is, it's the same story. My TrU barely stock anything beside TLK voyagers and Cyberverses.

EDIT:
So, Ratchet is a EB Games exclusive. GOOD! Because now I have my chances.
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036532)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 31st, 2019 @ 5:01pm CDT
That's pretty cool, the difference would really stand out with custom paint jobs highlighting the different mold details.
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036540)
Posted by emlit on August 31st, 2019 @ 8:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:With Ratchet being out in Canada, I figured I could take some images to show just how different this mold is from Ironhide.

Can you post some pics of Ratchet beside some other Deluxes?
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036550)
Posted by michaeltron on September 1st, 2019 @ 12:10am CDT
Toys R Us (Canada) sent me a shipping notice for Siege Omega Supreme on Friday (Aug.30), which means I should be getting it sometime next week after Labor Day!! :-D
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036554)
Posted by STngAR on September 1st, 2019 @ 12:49am CDT

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... /536493233

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... /729788753
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036563)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on September 1st, 2019 @ 8:54am CDT
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036565)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on September 1st, 2019 @ 9:16am CDT
That’s the same with Mirage, in fact on Hasbro Pulse, the “pre order” for Mirage is sold out as well.

SGM
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036568)
Posted by Randomhero on September 1st, 2019 @ 11:15am CDT
STngAR wrote:Not sure if it was mentioned ( I tried looking back through) but Walmart has preorders up for the 35th anniversary figures.. :MAXIMAL:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... /536493233

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... /729788753

Yeah over a month ago
Re: Images Showing Just How Different Siege Ratchet is from Ironhide and New Sculpted Detail (2036574)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 1st, 2019 @ 12:55pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Did anyone have Impactor on order from Amazon.com? It said he’d be available today, but now it says “Temporarily out of Stock.” Just curious if anyone got a shipping confirmation.

I have Mirage on pre-order and am in the same boat. Pre-orders were open on both figures as of just before midnight last night and then changed to temporarily out of stock. My Mirage order (skipping Impactor for the fan vote 3 pack) still says arriving Sept 5th, by 8:00, but hasn't shipped yet.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations -  Deluxe Class Action Figure - Cybertronian Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "ORION PAX OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Robot Truck" on EBAY
Buy "THE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS CYBER BATTALION JETFIRE AUTOBOT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers DOTM Mechtech mech tech Ironhide figure complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Nightbeat Thilling 30 (NEW!) with IDW comic book" on EBAY
Buy "Payload Gun Transformers Generations 2014 Thrilling 30 Hasbro Part Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th JHIAXUS Deluxe Class" on EBAY