Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee!

Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee!

Monday, August 3rd, 2009 5:56pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 31,552

Impossible Toys, the company who paved the way for other 3rd party add-on companies to create and sell their products, has updated their website, and teased a new fall project that they say that we've been waiting for, for a long time.

This company is responsible for the Quints, the only high quality figures that we have representing the Autobots and Decepticons alien nemesis/creators. They also created Spike and Sparkplug, Kremzeek, Energon cubes, and Transformers Animated Sari, Captain Fanzone, and Professor Sumdac. And of course, some of us are also waiting for them to complete their Nightbird figures...

But on to the present! Coming this fall TRNS-01 (Transitional Robot Neural Soldier)...

Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project

Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project

Impossible Toys claims 'The Wait Ends' with this toy. We're not saying it's a G1 Arcee. Neither are they, but what do the pictures say?

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs. Check out Impossible Toys website for more information.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News

Credit(s): Impossible Toys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967337)
Posted by Blurrz on August 3rd, 2009 @ 6:17pm CDT
One words only in response to this topic!

Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967341)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2009 @ 6:18pm CDT
Watch as they tease us with these Arcee-looking pics, and then release it in green as a Paradron medic instead.
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967345)
Posted by JediTray on August 3rd, 2009 @ 6:24pm CDT
If this turns out to be Arcee, I'm all over it. Finally!

I am guessing this will be available for preorder at places like TFSource?
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967364)
Posted by TulioDude on August 3rd, 2009 @ 6:42pm CDT
There not like 2 or 3 transforming Arcees like that before?
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967371)
Posted by Blurrz on August 3rd, 2009 @ 6:50pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:There not like 2 or 3 transforming Arcees like that before?

Nope. G1 Arcee has never been represented in toy form before. Animated is changing that of course.. and Impossible Toys as well.
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967379)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:02pm CDT
me want!
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967380)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:05pm CDT
If it turns out well and reasonably priced, I'm all for it.
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967384)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:12pm CDT
They should have done this sooner. Now that Animated Arcee is coming, some of us might be using that as a G1 Arcee. At least in a Classics line sense. Even so, I am eager to see how this pans out. I'm sure it will be quite awhile before it comes to market, since that picture looks like an early prototype. I also hope it isn't too small!
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967394)
Posted by ultra_magus on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:25pm CDT
I've seen a few pics of G1 ARCEE around the place as well, but I think they were mostly kitbashes, and didn't look nealy as good as this one. Too bad there's no way I'll be able to afford it...
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967395)
Posted by JediTray on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:26pm CDT
Indeed. There are a lot of hopes pinned on this. I HATE Animated, so I didn't know about an Arcee being in that line. Are there any pics of it someone could link me to? I too hope that the colors, size, and quality on this (if indeed it IS Arcee) are the best IT can muster. She has been ignored WAY too long.
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967409)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 3rd, 2009 @ 7:50pm CDT

IF they pull thi off it might be neat. But I'd like to see a robot mode first. Plus, the joints on my Quint Excecutioner were stiff because of paint leaking into them, so ... hm.

But if the price is right and the TF solid ...
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967434)
Posted by rpetras on August 3rd, 2009 @ 8:43pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:There not like 2 or 3 transforming Arcees like that before?

Yup, Rabid squirrel did a great one some years back but they were very, very pricey.
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967444)
Posted by Cybertronian on August 3rd, 2009 @ 9:15pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:There not like 2 or 3 transforming Arcees like that before?

Not quite 2 or 3, but 1.

Someone attempted one seen at BotCon Japan about 10 years back, but the level of detail was a bit off.
One was produced by the guy over Rabid Squirrel Productions, and it went by the name A.R.C. (I forget what the acrnonym stood for, but it was clearly NOT billed as a Transformer, nor named "Arcee" -- despite having a headmaster driver in a movie-style exo-suit called "D-Man" -- not "Daniel".) In a (1987) Headmaster style, A.R.C. came with 2 of her movie handgun, as well as rubber tires in a size similar to Hot Rod, Springer, and 5 of the 1984-85 Autobot Cars.

Due to the lack of resources (as compared to a large or even moderate sized toy company), each completed piece (or the parts to build one) proved very costly. Of course, collector demand would have easily jacked the prices up into 3 figures anyway.

If I ran Takara's Transformer division, I would have bought the designs for mass production, bar none. I'd love to do the same for Hasbro, but toy safety regulations would have "de-masculated" the already feminine toy.

I look forward to Rabid Squirrel's next big project.
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967448)
Posted by Cybertronian on August 3rd, 2009 @ 9:22pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:What happened to Nightbird, the Quint Baliff, Alpha trion, and Daniel and Spike?

But if the price is right and the TF solid ...

The Quintesson Baliff was finished and selling, or so I think. I am loving my Quintesson Judge, but wish he came with a yellow-ish LED. I also like Spike and Sparkplug, but wonder if they're too small, as compared to the Diaclone seat wells they slide back and forth in.
I've really got to get me some more Enargon Cubes. (I want to fill up at least 1 Lionel O-27 Scale "9100 Series" gondola, which takes about 9 cubes.) You won't believe how useful those things are in a blackout!!!
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967453)
Posted by nemesis-prime on August 3rd, 2009 @ 9:33pm CDT
I'll get one
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967475)
Posted by Neurie on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:00pm CDT
There was a gen 1 takara arcee transforming toy prototype which was shown on the tf movie laser disk.

It was a modified blur which never went in to production. I also remember 2 transforming kits. So it was 2/3 :-p
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967500)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:40pm CDT
hope your taking notes hasbro
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967503)
Posted by robofreak on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:48pm CDT
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967508)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:57pm CDT
Cybertronian wrote:

But if the price is right and the TF solid ...

There's a booth at TFcon that sells IT toys every years and I have never seen the balif toy. I've gotten all the other Quints, but that one's still listed as "preorder". Ditto Daniel and Spike (not the Sparkplug and Spike set; these are animated movie-based).
Re: Impossible Toys Teases Their Fall Project TRNS-01...G1 Arcee! (967512)
Posted by Venksta on August 3rd, 2009 @ 11:06pm CDT
robofreak wrote:That looks like a blatant rip off of the Rabid Squirrel design. I don't think I'll be buying the Impossible Toys one since I'm going to be getting one of the RSP kits when I get back.

Impossible Toy's version seems to be influenced by a japanese custom done years before the RSP design was done. If anything, RSP is also ripping off this Japanese custom, if you think the Impossible Toys version is a rip off. :lol: Take a look at the images below to compare.

http://www.tfarchive.com/fandom/kitbash ... rcee_1.jpg

http://www.tfarchive.com/fandom/kitbash ... rcee_7.jpg

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY