In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone

In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone

Sunday, April 18th, 2010 9:39pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 32,392

We've got more images of Scout Class figures Hubcap and Brimstone from the Arker. Both toys have unique alternate modes, Hubcap is a red muscle car, while Brimstone takes after the chopper in Mikaila's workshop in Revenge of the Fallen. Feel free to check out the Arker's galleries below.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): The Arker

Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065774)
Posted by Mkall on April 18th, 2010 @ 9:53pm CDT
Not really digging either of them. Sorry
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065778)
Posted by Forgotten on April 18th, 2010 @ 10:13pm CDT
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065780)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 18th, 2010 @ 10:20pm CDT
Forgotten wrote:Both will make instant additions to my collection upon first appearances locally. And the inevitable repaint of Hubcap into a decepticon(hopefully a nice matte black) as well. On a side note, Hubcap just screams Bayverse Hot Rod/Rodimus to me. Anybody else get that from his aesthetics?

Well it's obvious because of the form, but I'm seeing more of a Laser Rod look to him,. specifically Volt, since their paint jobs are about the same. All he's missing is the flames.

As for Brimstone, I seriously get a Cy-Kill vibe from him with the way the head looks and the vehicle mode.
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065786)
Posted by Kibble on April 18th, 2010 @ 10:32pm CDT
Hubcap looks quite nice. I like the alt mode for Brimstone, but his arms hurt his cause. I do have to say, I'm rather impressed with the scout class figures in general lately. I always skipped them in the past because they seemed to lack much complexity, but they've really come a long way. Brakedown would've made a great deluxe fig. Divebomb and his original deco (name escapes me ATM) is pretty nice, too.
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065796)
Posted by JazZeke on April 18th, 2010 @ 11:36pm CDT
I'm so going to pick up Hubcap and repurpose him into a Classics Chase.
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065797)
Posted by Alex Jones on April 18th, 2010 @ 11:45pm CDT
Paint Hubcap blue and you got a "Universe" Kup
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065815)
Posted by Mykltron on April 19th, 2010 @ 5:00am CDT

I was thinking that too, mainly because of the pipes on the arms.

I think Brimstone will fit in nicely with Human Alliance and give Knock-Out something to keep him occupied. I don't think Hubcap will fit into my collection as he seems out of scale with everything but I may have to buy him anyway.
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065836)
Posted by --B-- on April 19th, 2010 @ 6:21am CDT
Hubcap's head immediatly made me think of G1 Chromdome.

They are getting closer to classicsverse, but still a bit off.
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065847)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 19th, 2010 @ 7:15am CDT
These two are must-buys for me. :APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065862)
Posted by Valandar on April 19th, 2010 @ 8:48am CDT
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065893)
Posted by Forgotten on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:00am CDT
Valandar wrote:I am really liking Hubcap. And is it just me, or do the lower legs give off a sort of "Gundam-esque" vibe?

Perphaps a bit Zeta Gundam. But not overly so.
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065896)
Posted by First-Aid on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:04am CDT
Good grief, those alt modes are just sick! Loving Hubcap the most though..nothing screams violence and oilshed like a roadster. Yes, there will be a matte black repaint as a 'Con and I have a couple name suggestions: Scarface or Capone... :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065912)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:28am CDT
They both look great to me. I'll pick em up when I see em.
:BOT:
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1065971)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 19th, 2010 @ 2:15pm CDT
Hubcap's chin is a little weird, but he looks better than in the last set of pictures. I have no reason to pick him up, but I still might if I like how he looks in-store.

Pass on Brimstone, even though the alt mode is cool. Bot mode just ain't doing it for me.
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1066003)
Posted by Samsonator on April 19th, 2010 @ 3:31pm CDT
I just noticed... neither of these bots seem to be sporting the movieverse faction logos.
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1066066)
Posted by ausbot on April 19th, 2010 @ 6:23pm CDT
I'll wait for the cy-kill repaint but I wants Hubs!
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1066076)
Posted by Pascal on April 19th, 2010 @ 7:01pm CDT
Some pics I took a few weeks ago...

Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1066082)
Posted by Blastwave on April 19th, 2010 @ 8:11pm CDT

Yes. Especially after I just saw on Thursday (the 15th) a car almost exactly like Hubcap here on a flatbed in Hot Rod colors, complete with appropriate style flames. It was like passing a set. XD
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1066093)
Posted by Corduroy Bear on April 19th, 2010 @ 8:51pm CDT
Both look great to me. Especially impressed with Hubcap's legs and feet. I think Brimstone has rudimentary hands that haven't been unfolded for the pics, but he might look better with just the tire-saws, anyways.

On a side-note, I feel terrible for that Betta! Just because a Betta can survive in a very small amount of water with no active filtration doesn't mean that it is a happy or healthy environment for them :-(
Re: In-Depth Look at Scout Hubcap and Brimstone (1066121)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 19th, 2010 @ 11:05pm CDT
Hubcap, YES!
Brimstone, NO!

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects - SDCC Exclusive Transformers 8" Dead Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Bumblebee Ironhide Skidz And More" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock New Factory Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Grimlock 100% Complete with instruction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron SOUNDBLASTER Voyager Class Brand New Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FALL OF CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS AUTOBOT BLASTER" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Fall of Cybertron  Voyager Grimlock for scrap" on EBAY