In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Friday, February 24th, 2017 10:53pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 54,375

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Alfes' blog has some images for the newly released second wave of Movie the Best toys. Below you will see images for:

MB 05 Ironhide
MB 06 Ratchet
MB 07 Soundwave
MB 08 Starscream

Since it isn't always obvious, we included images of the initial Hasbro releases of these molds to show you which molds these are based on and how different these releases are. They are all shipping out from Japan this week. You will also see what accessories they come with and don't come with (in the case of Soundwave, there are many accessories missing).

Let us know what you think of these versions!

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream
Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Ironhide Gallery

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream
Transformers Dark of the Moon Ratchet Gallery

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream
Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Gallery

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream

Transformers News: In hand Images and Comparisons of  Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Starscream Gallery

Credit(s): Alfes


This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 12:04pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1862807)
Posted by william-james88 on February 24th, 2017 @ 10:59pm CST
I dont get where takara gets their all black deco for a good portion of soundwave.

He definitely had grey/silver allthroughout his body in the movie

Image
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1862824)
Posted by Bronzewolf on February 25th, 2017 @ 1:26am CST
Oh no.

Image

Oh NO.

Image


....I've just come to the realization that my wallet is about to have a bad time.
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1862831)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 25th, 2017 @ 2:46am CST
These do look nice.

Don't think you finished Starscream's pics though. :P That mold was better than the 2007 one but I still actually prefer the Deluxe figure's design in both modes and just wish that could get scaled up to Voyager (since his awesome Leader toy scaled down to Voyager might be too fiddly)
Same goes for Ironhide. His Voyager toys tend to have annoying issues like the chest or shoulders. Found his Deluxe much more solid and tidy.
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1862850)
Posted by Black Hat on February 25th, 2017 @ 4:52am CST
Am I the only one slightly disappointed that a lot of these seem to be missing accessories from their original releases? Ratchet's buzzsaw gun, Soundwave's HA accessories...
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1862857)
Posted by Deliverence on February 25th, 2017 @ 5:30am CST
william-james88 wrote:I dont get where takara gets their all black deco for a good portion of soundwave.

He definitely had grey/silver allthroughout his body in the movie

I think they used up the paint app budget for him on his face. Is it just me or are there varying (subtle) degrees of silver/cool/warm gray on his face.
The premium paint apps really draw me into these figures, but I've never been a fan of the movie aesthetic, but if I were to get movie figures it would be some of these.
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863032)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 26th, 2017 @ 1:20am CST
Ironhide: Neat! Defenitely feel more premium. ;)^

Ratchet: Yellow instead of green. Yawn. I-)

Soundwave: OMFG... That one feel sexy as hell. It's also from that mold that was exclusive to asia and the deluxe original is ironically way more expensive than the HA version. So, i'm mighty tempted to buy this. =P~

Starscream: NO FIXES ON THAT FLAWED MOLD! HANDS STICKING OUT OF THE JET MODE RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOOM:
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863059)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2017 @ 7:17am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Ironhide: Neat! Defenitely feel more premium. ;)^

Ratchet: Yellow instead of green. Yawn. I-)

Soundwave: OMFG... That one feel sexy as hell. It's also from that mold that was exclusive to asia and the deluxe original is ironically way more expensive than the HA version. So, i'm mighty tempted to buy this. =P~

Starscream: NO FIXES ON THAT FLAWED MOLD! HANDS STICKING OUT OF THE JET MODE RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOOM:

The soundwave is human aliance soundwave mold.
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863061)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 26th, 2017 @ 7:22am CST
william-james88 wrote:The soundwave is human aliance soundwave mold.


Oh. I see it now.
It also don't seem to come with Laserbeak nor the human rider. A shame.
So, I'll skip it because I already have the original HA.

So, what's the logic behind having Ratchet and Ironhide as deluxes again? :-?
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863095)
Posted by Overcracker on February 26th, 2017 @ 9:54am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
So, what's the logic behind having Ratchet and Ironhide as deluxes again? :-?


I'm assuming Takara thinks these deluxe molds are the "best" representations of those characters, over their Voyager molds.

Which I disagree with. I still think that voyager Ironhide mold is better that the deluxe even with its flaws.

Image
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863098)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 26th, 2017 @ 10:11am CST
Overcracker wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
So, what's the logic behind having Ratchet and Ironhide as deluxes again? :-?


I'm assuming Takara thinks these deluxe molds are the "best" representations of those characters, over their Voyager molds.

Which I disagree with. I still think that voyager Ironhide mold is better that the deluxe even with its flaws.


I agree. And that voyager Movie 2007 Ratchet is pretty much perfect too.

Image
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863106)
Posted by Overcracker on February 26th, 2017 @ 11:32am CST
Yeah, Ratchet is a fun figure, with an interesting use of the automorph gimmick too.
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863166)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2017 @ 3:54pm CST
For Ironhide, I agree that the Deluxe is not the most screen-accurate mold. I'd say the Leader is.

But for Ratchet, by a large margin is that Deluxe the most movie-accurate Ratchet mold there is. The Voyager, while a decent figure in its own right, is far more blocky and disproportionate to the leaner, sleeker look of Ratchet's CG model. Thus, it only makes sense to go with the Deluxe mold for maximum movie-accuracy.

Which then brings me back to Ironhide. Because they used the Deluxe Ratchet mold, maybe Takara felt that it was only fair to use Ironhide's Deluxe mold too to keep him and Ratchet in the same size class.
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863169)
Posted by Overcracker on February 26th, 2017 @ 4:20pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:For Ironhide, I agree that the Deluxe is not the most screen-accurate mold. I'd say the Leader is.

But for Ratchet, by a large margin is that Deluxe the most movie-accurate Ratchet mold there is. The Voyager, while a decent figure in its own right, is far more blocky and disproportionate to the leaner, sleeker look of Ratchet's CG model. Thus, it only makes sense to go with the Deluxe mold for maximum movie-accuracy.

Which then brings me back to Ironhide. Because they used the Deluxe Ratchet mold, maybe Takara felt that it was only fair to use Ironhide's Deluxe mold too to keep him and Ratchet in the same size class.


I agree. The Deluxe is closer to the thinner lankier proportions of movie Ratchet.

As for Ironhide, perhaps they thought a line composed almost entirely of Voyager sized figures would be too boring?

Outside of Bumblebee and Strafe, everything else would have been a Voyager or voyager sized. Adding a couple more deluxes sort of evens it out? Maybe? :???:
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863176)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 26th, 2017 @ 5:30pm CST
They should have went for the LEADER Starscream mold instead of the assinine ROTF voyager. BAckward elbows hands sticking out of the jet, it's unforgivable for a line that is supposed to show the "best".
Scale be damned.
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863178)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2017 @ 5:41pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:They should have went for the LEADER Starscream mold instead of the assinine ROTF voyager. BAckward elbows hands sticking out of the jet, it's unforgivable for a line that is supposed to show the "best".
Scale be damned.
They already gave the Leader figure a Movie 1 redeco in the MP line. The ROTF Voyager was the last remaining good Movie Starscream figure to have not gotten that deco treatment yet (the DOTM Deluxe got it in the Movie Advanced series).
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863183)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 26th, 2017 @ 6:25pm CST
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

I skipped this mold when it was released as the G1 color+no faceplate Hb version. Even the Takara version. What a big mistake on my part as the engineering in the figure is outstanding! Even for his scale.

Color wise, the weathered look is amazing! Only issues I got is the neutered light piping gimmick. If only Takara used a blue colored plastic like that of TL Arcee then no need to paint his optics.
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863185)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 26th, 2017 @ 7:12pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:They should have went for the LEADER Starscream mold instead of the assinine ROTF voyager. BAckward elbows hands sticking out of the jet, it's unforgivable for a line that is supposed to show the "best".
Scale be damned.
They already gave the Leader figure a Movie 1 redeco in the MP line. The ROTF Voyager was the last remaining good Movie Starscream figure to have not gotten that deco treatment yet (the DOTM Deluxe got it in the Movie Advanced series).


Fixed.
Because Takara didn't bother to do so for that ROTF voyager mold. It's even in the instructions that the hands should have folded inside. Also, the backward elbows are stupid. Both issues that are easely fixable, especially for a line that is supposed to be premium. Because of that, I feel that this ROTF mold is utter trash. [-(
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863195)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2017 @ 9:24pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:They should have went for the LEADER Starscream mold instead of the assinine ROTF voyager. BAckward elbows hands sticking out of the jet, it's unforgivable for a line that is supposed to show the "best".
Scale be damned.
They already gave the Leader figure a Movie 1 redeco in the MP line. The ROTF Voyager was the last remaining good Movie Starscream figure to have not gotten that deco treatment yet (the DOTM Deluxe got it in the Movie Advanced series).


Fixed.
Because Takara didn't bother to do so for that ROTF voyager mold. It's even in the instructions that the hands should have folded inside. Also, the backward elbows are stupid. Both issues that are easely fixable, especially for a line that is supposed to be premium. Because of that, I feel that this ROTF mold is utter trash. [-(
Wow. You got some pretty high end standards, man. That's the best Voyager class mold Movie Starscream's ever had. It's wonderful.

Not perfect, but no figure is.
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1863229)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 27th, 2017 @ 4:09am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Wow. You got some pretty high end standards, man. That's the best Voyager class mold Movie Starscream's ever had. It's wonderful.

Not perfect, but no figure is.


It's not really "high standards". I think the 2007 voyager starscream is the better toy for some weird reasons. No the problem with the ROTF voyager mold is that it's pretty much PERFECTION... with a huge, purrulent zit right on top of it's nose.
Re: In hand Images and Comparisons of Takara Movie The Best Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave and Starscream (1868631)
Posted by Emerje on March 23rd, 2017 @ 3:38am CDT
Just paid for my MB-11 Movie 10th Anniversary Optimus Prime. I'm sure we'll start seeing more in hand images and videos floating around soon.

Emerje

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
Twincast / Podcast #245:
"On a Boat"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Steeljaw  **MOC**" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Stormshot **MOC**" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - COMBINER FORCE - SOUNDWAVE (J11)" on EBAY
Buy "2001 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GRIMLOCK ROBOTS IN DISGUISE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Steeljaw 12 inch Action Figure Robots In Disguise - New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE DECEPTICON SOUNDWAVE from 2007" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Transformers CyberFire GrimLock Hasbro MIB MOC NOC TURBO CHANGER" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE COMBINER FORCE CRASH COMBINER PRIMESTRONG 2 PACK" on EBAY