Sunday, June 28th, 2015 3:24am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,701

With Toysrus Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus recently found at retail, it was a matter of time before we had some in hand images of this figure. Griffin from Ozformers was the man for the job and he has a slew of in hand images showing how big this toy is. It appears to be Leader size just like the Mega One Step Optimus which interacts with minicons (they are pictured side by side below). He also gave a few tips after handling the toy:

It comes with two accessories - a spear and turret barrel (attaches to forearm).

Packaging shows the spear on the tank turret, but it looks too stupid up there... and even looks stupid on the treads, so I now prefer to not have it plugged into the vehicle mode at all.

If you get this, be careful with transforming it. There seems to be a lot of internal gears like the old Movie Auto-morph toys, and after an unusual loud cracking noise while transforming it, I'm now having trouble transforming it back to tank mode. :-(

Transformers News: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus

Credit(s): Griffin from Ozformers

This article was last modified on Sunday, June 28th, 2015 5:39pm CDT

Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703880)
Posted by budmaloney on June 28th, 2015 @ 4:00am CDT

Design wise Megatronus is very similar to Megatron. Fusion cannon, helmet, tank, even black and purple styling from IDW stealth bomber megs.

It's odd. I like Megatronus, I think he was neat in the cartoon. But why is the question? What are they after with this name direction?
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703885)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 28th, 2015 @ 5:04am CDT
Once again, how much did that big 5 steps Megatronus cost?
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703894)
Posted by prjkt on June 28th, 2015 @ 6:31am CDT
budmaloney wrote:Why did Hasbro go with Megatronus as the villain in RID. Why did Hasbro go Megatronus name at all, even in TFPrime? Is it a trademark thing, is their Megatron trade mark about to expire? You could say that it's better story, but it doesn't have to be that name. I mean in ROTF we established that the Fallen was the first Decepticon, so they have that lore just sitting on the shelf. It has to be some legal shortcut. Or perhaps their focus groups have been saying that Megatron as an Autobot was received much better and therefore Megatron is going to be a "hero" in the near future in most future Tf lore.

Megatronus =/= Megatron

The Fallen's name before it was taken from him was Megatronus
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703895)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on June 28th, 2015 @ 6:42am CDT
Megatronus' headsculpt alone looks more like a Pokemon. :lol: He's interesting enough, but he's an easy pass; primarily, his hollow legs scared me away.
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703896)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 28th, 2015 @ 6:42am CDT
prjkt wrote:Megatronus =/= Megatron

The Fallen's name before it was taken from him was Megatronus

How many more times should we have to repeat that? >:oP
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703905)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 28th, 2015 @ 7:49am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
prjkt wrote:Megatronus =/= Megatron

The Fallen's name before it was taken from him was Megatronus

How many more times should we have to repeat that? >:oP

The Fallen's full name was Megatronus Prime, shortened to Megatronus. It's the short form that Megatron used as inspiration for his name. And it's no trademark thing at all, as Generations Leader Megatron can attest.
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703907)
Posted by TRozok21 on June 28th, 2015 @ 7:54am CDT
Since I was asked by william-james88 for a couple of better shots of Clash of the Transformers Bumblebee and Optimus Prime, got closeups of the front and back of the packaging of these two

Also regarding Megatronus, watch the season finale of RID if you can, clear things up
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703910)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 28th, 2015 @ 8:16am CDT
It's fine for you to show more pics and all.

BUT Y U NO SHOW PRICES?!

Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703917)
Posted by no-one on June 28th, 2015 @ 8:39am CDT
I don't know about anyone else, but I need that legion mini Megatronus in my life.

I just went to the TF wiki and I don't see a legion Megatronus; what gives?
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703929)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on June 28th, 2015 @ 9:30am CDT

Megatron has a soulpatch? Well at least now he can strum the same three chords on his acoustic guitar
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703938)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 28th, 2015 @ 9:49am CDT
carytheone wrote:I just went to the TF wiki and I don't see a legion Megatronus; what gives?

Be patient: TFWiki is handled by volunteers, so updates are sporadic and the pages aren't entirely up-to-date most of the time.
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703941)
Posted by no-one on June 28th, 2015 @ 9:58am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I get that. I was asking (poorly worded) if someone knew what wave he was included with. A little more digging and I found him. Part of a two pack that hasn't made it to the US.
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703943)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 28th, 2015 @ 10:01am CDT
carytheone wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Yup, looks like Megatronus will only be available in Clash of the Transformers, and not in the main line.
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703970)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 28th, 2015 @ 11:29am CDT
I think the legions figure actually looks better than this.

And to help out Kanrabat: My guess is about $20-25 American dollars. Correct me if I'm wrong! :BOT:
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703977)
Posted by .... on June 28th, 2015 @ 11:39am CDT
Yay, it's another big hunk of plastic, OH THE KIDS ARE GONNA LOVE THESE! -_-
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703983)
Posted by Emerje on June 28th, 2015 @ 12:01pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I think the legions figure actually looks better than this.

That'd be nice, but Mega 5-Step Optimus Prime has an MSRP of US$29.99 so Mega 5-Step Megatronus will probably be a little more than that at TRU pricing. In their defense they are 11" figures, Hasbro could have been a lot more greedy.

Emerje
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703990)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 28th, 2015 @ 12:24pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Yay, it's another big hunk of plastic, OH THE KIDS ARE GONNA LOVE THESE! -_-

I know that, as a kid, I would never ask for, or allow these disgusting lumps of plastic s@#t near my collection, and would consider it an affront to kids everywhere. As I had a couple of the lever action ones from BW, I AM okay with simple transformations, or auto-transformations, so long as they yield a satisfactory figure... which these are not.
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1703999)
Posted by william-james88 on June 28th, 2015 @ 1:28pm CDT
Not to burst any bubbles, but odds are that megatronus is more like 40-50$ cdn
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1704002)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 28th, 2015 @ 1:40pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Not to burst any bubbles, but odds are that megatronus is more like 40-50$ cdn

So yet another reason to not get them; man has/tak should just scrub the 1 3 5 easy crap bricks and bring back machine wars styled deluxes, auto morph one way, a simple transformation the other, and they were good figures, not hollow bricks :SICK:
Re: In Hand Images for Transformers Robots in Disguise TRU Exclusive 5 Step Megatronus (1704008)
Posted by Emerje on June 28th, 2015 @ 2:01pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

You guys had some pretty high standards when you were kids. When I was a kid I didn't care about articulation, I just cared if it was a robot that turned into something. And that's really all that drives most kids these days, too.

Here, let me show you something that will blow your mind:

05.jpg

That is the DX Shurikenjin from Shuriken Sentai Ninninger from Japan, it sells for ¥8,984 (about US$73) and is only articulated at the shoulders, and there is literally just a smaller robot sitting in its chest with a funny hat on. It's easily the most ridiculous thing I've seen come out of Super Sentai and that's coming right off a series about trains. It's not a very good looking figure by most accounts, and yet it has been one of the top 5 best selling toys in Japan since February! And that's all toys including girls and collectables. MP Star Saber beat it for one week (1st place) and Legends Leader Megatron a few weeks ago (3rd place), but otherwise this thing has been dominating the toy sales in Japan for about four months now. It was the number three best selling toy for March and number four for April and May.

Kids don't care about articulation, they barely care about looks, they only care about if it's fun or not. I know when I was a kid I'd definitely want the giant 11 inch figure that turned into a tank no matter how simple the transformation was.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 74 BB Buzzworthy Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS "GRIMLOCK" 20" STOMP & CHOMP FIGURE toy ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Force Stuntwing & Bumblebee Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz LOT (Jazz, Ratchet)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Prowl Hasbro  2000 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Three-Step Changers Stealthasaurus Rex Grimlock" on EBAY