Thursday, September 1st, 2016 1:55pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 43,036

We have some info on the next Combiner to be released by Hasbro, Liokaiser. Firstly, Robot Kingdom was the first online retailer to list this set, and its price is $109.90. That is the same price as every other Combner Wars box set on their site. Hopefully this indicates that it being sold under the Platinum Subline will have no impact on the price once it is listed in the US (it is rumoured to be an Entertainment Earth Exclusive). The website states it will be available October 2016.

Also, we have lots of in hand images courtesy of a new anonymous source that contacted us. All the images can be seen below. It is far more fitting than one would imagine from the initial impression we got at SDCC.

Let us know what you think and if you plan on getting this toy!

Transformers News: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser

combiner wars liokaiser 005

combiner wars liokaiser 064

combiner wars liokaiser 065

combiner wars liokaiser 066

combiner wars liokaiser 067

combiner wars liokaiser 068

This article was last modified on Thursday, September 1st, 2016 3:24pm CDT

Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820828)
Posted by RAR on September 1st, 2016 @ 2:10pm CDT
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820829)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 1st, 2016 @ 2:11pm CDT
Those pics actually make me kinda like Dezaras's Ultra Mega Chicken mode.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820833)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 1st, 2016 @ 2:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Those pics actually make me kinda like Dezaras's Ultra Mega Chicken mode.

Me too, the hands/front paws make it look like he is trying to tip-toe, which is absurd and awesome.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820868)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 1st, 2016 @ 3:45pm CDT
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820871)
Posted by CommanderShadowmus on September 1st, 2016 @ 3:51pm CDT
Not worth $100,-. I'd only get it if I could get several people to pay for it with me, and make a custom CW Leozack from a Silverbolt/Cyclonus, because Deathsaurus is CRAP.

... and Killbison needs to be show-accurate orange in my eyes.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820874)
Posted by william-james88 on September 1st, 2016 @ 4:03pm CDT

Yeah, that's what I thought too, hence :

It is far more fitting than one would imagine

RAR wrote:I like the Painted/decorated Arms Micron they ought to do a boxed set of those alone.

I didnt notice it was painted, yeah that would be better than those stickers (they peel easily).
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820877)
Posted by william-james88 on September 1st, 2016 @ 4:09pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Isn't shipping really steep from Robot Kingdom? It's been a while since I ordered from them.

Yes, very much so. If you are in the US, just wait to see what EE will be charging.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820891)
Posted by Randomhero on September 1st, 2016 @ 4:26pm CDT

I just ordered Takara Computron from robotkingdom(only place I knew that wasn't out of stock on preorder) and the shipping was $55. Pretty steep and I backed out all through August due to that but I finally caved because I wanted it and I'm considering it my birthday present for me since its in 2 weeks
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820894)
Posted by william-james88 on September 1st, 2016 @ 4:28pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Can you cancel it? Because this here is a better deal: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/16 ... utron.html
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820912)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on September 1st, 2016 @ 5:17pm CDT
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820913)
Posted by Randomhero on September 1st, 2016 @ 5:20pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Nah it shipped Monday. Should be here on Tuesday due to the holiday but I appreciate the advice and I envy guys like you who go order from direct sites like that and I know shouldnt order from robotkingdom tfsource and bbts because the shipping costs are a crime but it's just so easy to go to them because I can't translate stuff at all and I don't dig that hard to find stuff.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820915)
Posted by Randomhero on September 1st, 2016 @ 5:32pm CDT
WeatherManNX01 wrote:As cool as it looks, I'm still hoping for an announcement of a Takara version with a proper Leozack from the Silverbolt mold.

Maybe I mean it is Takara and let's be honest they don't care. If they make a Liokaiser than they will PROBABLY shell out and make two new figures to make a torso but it will probably be an exclusive and go for the same price as Megatronia which I've heard just by rumors here and there Megatronia is the last United combiner. Like I said rumors here and there.

I'm getting hasbros Liokaiser because I want more decepticon combiners and I can make Dezarous work just fine. I have no attacthement to Deathsarous at all. I have tried for the 3rd time 2 weeks ago to watch victory and still can't get past the 3rd episode. It's just so anime I can't get into it because I'm not into anime.

I've considered Megatronia because I want more con combiners. I was just going to consider them my own version of the DJD because they're unique yet uniform but I have Victorion and I love Victorion, she's actually my second favorite combiner and Megatronia would just be black convoy of Victorion and the price of Megatronia is awful.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820916)
Posted by Kurona on September 1st, 2016 @ 5:36pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:I love Victorion, she's actually my second favorite combiner

Curious, what's your favourite combiner and why do you like Victorion that much?
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820918)
Posted by Randomhero on September 1st, 2016 @ 6:06pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I love Victorion, she's actually my second favorite combiner

Bruticus. Bruticus has been my favorite combiner since I saw Starscreams Brigade when I was little.

I like Victorion because of the personality she's been given in the comics and I actually enjoy her colors and the symmetry of having two coptors and two cars as limbs. She's fun. I leapt on her once I saw she was instock online and it's cool to have a new scramble city combiner. I really like it when we get new characters in G1.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820920)
Posted by Kurona on September 1st, 2016 @ 6:10pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I love Victorion, she's actually my second favorite combiner

Wish I could add something to this but I can't because I agree with every point ;)^
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820922)
Posted by Randomhero on September 1st, 2016 @ 6:21pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I love Victorion, she's actually my second favorite combiner

Yeah she's so cool. I get really frustrated when Victorion gets raged on, especially by the armchair critics who don't even own her and crap on her just from photos. I love moonbase2 podcast but their most recent podcast they refer to her as "S#%+ Victorion" half a dozen times and they admit they don't own her. In hand she's pretty cool, looks great next to the other Autobot Combiners especially based on the fact she's not a cybertron in combiner and it's pretty neat to have a female combiner team. She's not perfect but there is no such thing as a perfect toy.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820937)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 1st, 2016 @ 7:17pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I love Victorion, she's actually my second favorite combiner

I go back and forth on Victorion. I'm tempted but I already have too many Autobot combiners and the color scheme isn't working for me. I might spring for Megatronia if I can find a good price.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820952)
Posted by Randomhero on September 1st, 2016 @ 7:55pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I love Victorion, she's actually my second favorite combiner

Victorions colors are a lot better in person. when separated they're not great, I'll admit, they look like the constructicons and I don't care what anyone says, the constructicons are hideous but I love them because I grew up with them and while no one will ever admit it, if the torchbearers came out in the 80s no one would complain. Combined though, like the constructicons again, she looks awesome.

I do agree we got way too many autobot Combiners. It's nice they managed to get everyone from G1 almost except predaking and Abominus and some new Combiners like Sky Reign and The optimus Combiners and yes Devastator is awesome but we only got 2 scramble city Decepticons and a Cyclonus torso. I really wanted Grand Galvatron for that reason and that's by I'm excited for Liokaiser. I would have been really happen with a new Decepticon team even if they were like grand Galvatron or Megatronia and we're just repaint.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820954)
Posted by Kurona on September 1st, 2016 @ 7:58pm CDT
To be fair, in G1 there were too many Decepticon combiners. The Autobots had Superion, Defensor and Computron while the Decepticons got seven of the damn things. Seven.

So this does at least even things out a little bit. Plus we all know the reason we didn't get those combiners this time round is because they're beasts which you just cannot make from the vehicle molds - and you needed those vehicle molds because all pre-1987 combiners (ie the ones people care about most) are made of vehicles.
Re: In Hand Images, Listing and Pricing Info For Transformers Platinum Liokaiser UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES (1820955)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 1st, 2016 @ 8:04pm CDT
I wonder how hard/expensive it'll be to get *just* Deathsaurus (or whatever his name is)...

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "transformers generations scoop, armada megatron, skybyte, tankor and more" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS ARMADA MEGATRON LEADER CLASS (Used)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Armada Megatron 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 BRUTICUS New MISB USA Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Deluxe Lot - Roadbuster, Thundercracker, 2 diffrent Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Toys Qt-15 Hound Suzuki Hustler Q Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG14 Ultra Magnus Figure Collector Doll Toy" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Titans Return TRYPTICON w Fulltilt NEW  sealed" on EBAY