In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more

In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more

Saturday, March 31st, 2012 9:35am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews, Collectables
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 35,055

Pictures are continuing to be posted by Alfes 2010. This go around we get a good look at the Arms Micron Cliffjumper. Comparison shots show us the "naked" pre-sticker mode along with the applied decals. Check him out and his partner below. Also posted are some in hand pics of Arms Micron Pinpointer and fellow microns partnered with some recent United figures. Check out some images below and click any picture to view the full gallery.

Transformers AM - 04 Cliffjumper

Arms Micron Pinpointer

Credit(s): Alfes 2010 from higekumatoytoy.blog

This article was last modified on Saturday, March 31st, 2012 9:58am CDT

Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364224)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 31st, 2012 @ 9:42am CDT
The red Micron is still called Pinpointer on TakaraTomy's Promo page
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364225)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 31st, 2012 @ 9:43am CDT
Grey and black Targetmaster Microns are where it's at. Also Vector Oracle is sexy. Dunno why but I love it. I couldn't care about the rest. I am beyond surprised that Hasbro is nailing paint and colors on the Prime stuff. It's a nice break for the wallet and an opportunity to throw more money at domestic releases for a while.
:BOT:
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364228)
Posted by RhA on March 31st, 2012 @ 9:57am CDT
The stickers are awful. The micron does not compensate.
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364229)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 31st, 2012 @ 9:59am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The red Micron is still called Pinpointer on TakaraTomy's Promo page

Absolutely right. It has never been called Slugslinger. I got reprolabels in the mail today for my G1 Slugslinger and just had it on the brain. Thanks for the heads up.
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364231)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 31st, 2012 @ 10:10am CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:

Any time :PEACE:

The more I look at Pinpointer, the more I want him, despite there being no Classics Crosshairs. I have the same problem with Spoilsport without a Classics Sureshot, but I could repurpose him as Barrelroller for WFC Optimus Prime, as he's an inverted Recoil for Kup, and Kup was used for Orion Pax ^^
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364233)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 31st, 2012 @ 10:12am CDT
RhA wrote:The stickers are awful. The micron does not compensate.

The stickers (or lack of paint) and the Micron ports are really hurting these figures which are already inferior to the First Editions. I just don't get it.
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364234)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 31st, 2012 @ 10:15am CDT
I don't understand the paint issues with Takara. If they could make the color on the ports all one color for CJ why the hell couldn't they do the same for Ratchet? Yeah if your a pro and you do your own paint mods that's all good but I'm not. C'mon Takara this laziness crap is BS!! :VEHI:
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364245)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 31st, 2012 @ 11:19am CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:
RhA wrote:The stickers are awful. The micron does not compensate.

Arcee and Vehicon are the only exceptions to this, with their RID toys being improvements over their FE toys.
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364247)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 31st, 2012 @ 11:24am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:
RhA wrote:The stickers are awful. The micron does not compensate.

I can't speak for the Vehicon, as I don't have a deluxe version (i do have a nice troop of cyberverse Vehicons for background minions!). But the Arcee is a split decision. My opinion is they are about even. I like RID Arcee because she is little smaller, better head, cleaner arms and I dig her rifle, but the FE seems more complex, higher quality (at least with the ones I got) and doesn't have the wings.
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364251)
Posted by Flakmaster on March 31st, 2012 @ 11:43am CDT
Well, I thought these Takara RID figures looked good at first, but now that we are starting to get some in-hand images...bleh. Those stickers suck.
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364317)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 31st, 2012 @ 2:14pm CDT
CJ looks pretty horrible. Those stickers were a bad idea.

That micron with Roddy looks pretty sweet though, and those are some of the best pictures of that particular Rodimus deco I've seen so far. Not bad at all!
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364337)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 31st, 2012 @ 2:38pm CDT
Did Takara leave the work experience lad in charge of development for the AM line? How can they balls it up so badly that they even chose the wrong shade of red for Cliffjumper?

Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364446)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 31st, 2012 @ 6:57pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm annoyed how good Firebolt looks with Hot Rod considering I'll probably never be able to own him, and that group shot with the other Targetmasters just makes it worse.

Yea, it's going to hurt getting those. I didn't think I would care, what with the FP Firebolt and Blesser, but I do. I care. They look killer.
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364562)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 31st, 2012 @ 11:53pm CDT
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364591)
Posted by joevill on April 1st, 2012 @ 2:31am CDT
Those minicons are amazing
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364618)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 1st, 2012 @ 5:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:What's really bothersome is how United Rodimus Prime is a G1 character toy, while Firebolt is a Prime character toy (he's an Arms Micron).

Not to me. That's the magic of repurposing :)
Re: In hand Images of AM - 04 Cliffjumper and Arms Micron Promo Pinpointer and more (1364707)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2012 @ 12:31pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Not to me. That's the magic of repurposing :)
True. Thank goodness for repurposing.

Both for those who like to stick to the official placements of figures' continuities, it's irksome.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021