In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon

In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon

Saturday, March 28th, 2020 12:31am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,850

It's the end of the month, which means the new Transformers toys from Takara are out. that includes Generations Selects Tentakil and Overbite. Transformers fan Richard shared some images (to keep his privacy we will not link to his personal Facebook page) and you can see them below. He of course took the opportunity to finally combine them all to make King Poseidon / Piranacon.

So, are you getting yours? Or did you decide this combiner was just a bit too much money to your liking? Regardless of your choice, let us know how you feel about it now!

Transformers News: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon

Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058113)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 28th, 2020 @ 12:46am CDT
They all look pretty sharp. I haven't preordered them due to financial issues, but if it's feasible, I'm definitely gonna pick them up on the 2ndary market. For some reason, Piranacon looks skinnier than I remember him onscreen and the comic pages, but I guess he's accurate to the original toy, which was 1 of my favorites.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058118)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2020 @ 1:19am CDT
These are the only two I'm still waiting for.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058121)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 28th, 2020 @ 1:50am CDT
Actually, the original Piranacon/King Poseidon is a bit on the chubby side:

It comes from his components having a lot more meat on their bones while still having to have the same robot mode and limb-mode heights as the other "Scramble City" type combiners, so they and the combination end up a bit squashed and chubby.
Abominus has the same issue but to a distinctly lesser degree.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058122)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 28th, 2020 @ 2:04am CDT
If anyone can look at Tentakil in robot mode and NOT see a repaint as Scylla....
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058123)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 28th, 2020 @ 2:06am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Actually, the original Piranacon/King Poseidon is a bit on the chubby side:

Abominus has the same issue but to a distinctly lesser degree.
I always had Snaptrap's legs a bit closer together to make him taller. I never liked the squatting look on the original gestalts, but some of them couldn't be helped, their chest-crotch armor forced their legs to stay immobile.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058124)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on March 28th, 2020 @ 2:12am CDT
Piranacon looks great! If the prices on the secondary market aren't too insane, I may end up trying to get him
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058128)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 28th, 2020 @ 2:23am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
-snip-

Abominus has the same issue but to a distinctly lesser degree.
That armor also made it look a lot less like squatting, at least on Superion, Menasor, and Bruticus. I can say that much with confidence, since RiD Ruination and G2 Superion have been fixtures of my shelves for a while now, and G1 Menasor was for a while as well.

Even without Snaptrap/Turtler's legs squatting, G1 Piranacon/King Poseidon's limb members end up looking chubby as limbs.

I'd love to get some measurements of the SELECTS Seacons' beast modes, so that I can try doing papercraft versions of said beast modes. If I can't manage it, I hope someone else does.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058133)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 28th, 2020 @ 3:35am CDT
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058135)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 28th, 2020 @ 4:00am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Can I get a reminder, how much were these on Hasbro Pulse or the other sites they were available on?

As I recall, most sites had Snap Trap/Turtler at $59.99. Pulse had the limbs at $34.99, and most other sites had them at $39.99. I think there may have been several cancellations, because I later saw them on various sites for a bigger markup than they'd originally been listed.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058138)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on March 28th, 2020 @ 5:22am CDT
I just paid the remaining balance for the last two Seacons (I did a 10% deposit) so will be able to complete Piranacon within the week hopefully!
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058157)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 28th, 2020 @ 10:49am CDT
Does anyone here have the G1 AND Takara vintage toys? I’ve always wondered if there were any color changes between them. I’d love to see a comparison pic... and actually all four G1 variants counting the two reissues. Thanks if so!
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058159)
Posted by o.supreme on March 28th, 2020 @ 11:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:These are the only two I'm still waiting for.

Same. Does anyone know if TFSource has shipped any out yet? Just curious because I ordered the first 4 from Asia directly, but ordered these last 2 from TFSource because they were available. Just wondering if they ship earlier than Hasbro Pulse, or on about the same schedule...or if they haven't shipped any yet, that would be a bit concerning.

Also I know the fun of these Seacons is you can configure them many different ways. I was a bit surprised however that Turtler's instructions didn't have an *official* suggested combination, they just show an image of how Gulf/Skalor can be an arm, leg, or weapon.

Ill have fun messing with these guys, but when he goes on display it will be in official King Poseidon formation.

IIRC the only difference between Piranacon and King Poseidon was that for:

Piranacon: Right Arm= Overbite & Weapon= Lobclaw/Nautilator
King Poseidon Right Arm= Lobclaw/Nautilator & Weapon= Overbite

I think thats right, but its been a long time since I've owned the original Piranacon...It will be nice when this selects King Poseidon is complete
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058169)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 28th, 2020 @ 1:15pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:These are the only two I'm still waiting for.

IIRC the only difference between Piranacon and King Poseidon was that for:

Piranacon: Right Arm= Overbite & Weapon= Lobclaw/Nautilator
King Poseidon Right Arm= Lobclaw/Nautilator & Weapon= Overbite

TFSource has shipped out all of the figures except Overbite and Tentakil.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058172)
Posted by Jumpstart1083 on March 28th, 2020 @ 1:32pm CDT
The colors on these figures are pretty nice too look at.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058185)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on March 28th, 2020 @ 3:48pm CDT
I think I'll go with the head canon that these two are female. Tentakill for the obvious reason and something about Overbite's face gives off a feminine impression to me.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058195)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 28th, 2020 @ 4:55pm CDT
Tentakil I can see, because of his reuse of Moonracer's upper body minus the chest (makes an easy redeco into God Neptune's Scylla). You know, he could totally go for the charming bishonen trope as the US guy is described as rather charming in his Marvel bio.

o.supreme wrote:IIRC the only difference between Piranacon and King Poseidon was that for:

Piranacon: Right Arm= Overbite & Weapon= Lobclaw/Nautilator
King Poseidon Right Arm= Lobclaw/Nautilator & Weapon= Overbite

Right Arm: Nautilator
Left Arm: Seawing
Right Leg: Skalor
Left Leg: Tantakil
Weapon: Overbite

The US instructions however give two more; one with, and one without Nautilator. It's all a few pages back.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058211)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 28th, 2020 @ 7:34pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:With all 6 members, King Poseidon and Piranacon have the same main configuration in the media they appeared in, as explained a few pages back:

Right Arm: Nautilator
Left Arm: Seawing
Right Leg: Skalor
Left Leg: Tantakil
Weapon: Overbite

That makes sense, even aesthetically, as Nautilator and Seawing are both majority grey, black, and teal, and Skalor and Tentakil are both majority pink, magenta and blue. Overbite is the only one to have purple as his main color.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058213)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 28th, 2020 @ 7:56pm CDT

The biggest difference between G1 King Poseidon and Piranacon is that the Piranacon boxset left out Nautilator because including him would have meant a bigger box just for the Seacons. An early example of Hasbro being anal about uniformity.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058214)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 28th, 2020 @ 8:01pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Of course, "default limb configuration" is a minor point of difference in "Scramble City" type combiners.

The biggest difference between G1 King Poseidon and Piranacon is that the Piranacon boxset left out Nautilator. An early example of Hasbro being anal about uniformity.

Yes and no? I mean, yes they did leave Nautilator out of the giftset, but he was available individually. He was in the comics, too. If they were that tight about uniformity, they'd never have made a fifth Seacon limb in the first place.
Re: In Hand Images of Generations Selects Tentakil, Overbite and Piranacon (2058216)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 28th, 2020 @ 8:26pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:

I edited the post to clarify what I meant.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "IDW Comics TRANSFORMERS GREATEST BATTLES OF OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATORN GN TPB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse THUNDERCRACKER STARSCREAM ACID STORM SLIPSTREAM Seekers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MP-01 Acid Storm - Masterpiece Acidstorm TRU Toys R Us Decepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Acid Storm MP-01 Masterpiece Figure Toys R Us Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Fall of Cybertron Plus Rumble Ratbat Laserbeak & Orig Box" on EBAY
Buy "Blaster & Steeljaw Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron NIB" on EBAY