Transformers News: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode

Saturday, February 10th, 2018 11:05PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,417

Power of the Primes wave 2 Voyagers Elita-1 and Hun-Gurr have popped up at US Walmarts. This means we can finally have a good look at the finished figures. Dorfsquest picked up Hun-Gurr and posted in-hand images, along with his thoughts on the figure, on the TFW2005 boards and we have included all that he has posted below.

This is our first look at Abominus' torso and combiner head sculpt (aside from artwork). Unlike the original G1 toy, the combiner chest plate is not an independent piece but instead already part of the toy and it can be seen all across the robot mode's back.

Here is what Dorfsquest had to say about the figure:
Hun-grrr is a pretty solid figure though he isn’t without flaws... his fists in robot mode don’t really peg into place in a solid way, and his legs are hollow from behind, which I hate. Also, the decals applied to his outer thighs appear to cover some plastic details.
Positives - His two-headed dragon mode looks pretty good, and the torso mode snaps together very solidly. Overall I say he is worth picking up.

The pictures are below, let us know what you think of the toy and if you will be picking it up. We are currently looking for in hand images of Elita-1 and will be posting them once we find them.

Credit(s): Dorfsquest

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937514)
Posted by william-james88 on February 10th, 2018 @ 11:08pm CST
Knightsword wrote:You're about two months behind on the Blastoff/Megatronus news.

We knew megatronus would be clear plastic 2 months ago?
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937515)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 10th, 2018 @ 11:15pm CST
Why has that Terrorcon got a (faux?) rubsign? Also, I'm probably going to repaint and/or swap parts from Hotspot to make Fire Chief ( http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Fire_Chief ).

I wish Hasbro would make a mainstream release of Medix and re-release Alpha Bravo, Rook, Streetwise (as Streetstar) and make versions of the extra Protectobots (red jet, yellow drill tank, etc) so that we could use them to make different versions of Defensor and Guard City respectively.
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937518)
Posted by william-james88 on February 10th, 2018 @ 11:25pm CST
Emerje wrote:Dinoforce would look fine based on their shells, especially the way the shells were treated in the cartoon

I was looking into this, since I am unfamiliar with Victory. And I discovered that the show was dubbed in spanish. I didnt know the show was braodcasted outside Japan.

Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937520)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 10th, 2018 @ 11:28pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Its (and those of The Headmasters and Masterforce as well) most infamous broadcast release outside of Japan was its Malaysian release where it was dubbed into English very badly by Omni Productions.
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937521)
Posted by Qwan on February 10th, 2018 @ 11:30pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

We knew megatronus would be clear plastic 2 months ago?

I think what we could do two months ago, was speculate and assume that Blast-off would come with Megatronus and that he would be clear plastic. Which is not what news articles are really for, to my knowledge.

Anyways that Hun-Gurr man. He's not half bad, which is about 50% better than I'd been fearing based on we'd seen before. Interesting that his torso mode appears to be basically a backwards Silverbolt-type torso; clever way to share the engineering without making that mode "just" a reshell.

Elita-1 is gonna be the main attraction here for me, though. From that one blurry image of her in a box, she actually looks really good! Keeping eyes peeled for more :D
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937527)
Posted by Burn on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:05am CST
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937531)
Posted by Qwan on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:13am CST
Burn wrote:And there you have it. Wave 2 is out in the US and I've yet to see Wave 1. Southern parts of Australia have seen Wave 1, but I haven't seen any locally. Just good ol K-Mart desperately trying to clear out TLK and TR stuff. :(

In a way it was to be expected, I suppose. It's not like I'm really one to talk since I've got most of what I want from Wave 1 already, but the pain of waiting for the Deluxes to show up somewhere that doesn't charge $35 means I can at least sympathise a little bit. In the end it's only a matter of time, but time is most of the most frustrating matters there is...
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937532)
Posted by Randomhero on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:14am CST
william-james88 wrote:

It’s tripe. I’m sorry if anyone enjoys it but I can’t get into it. I have the shout! Factory collection and I’ve tried a dozen times to trudge through it and I just can’t. This series is 44 episodes and 11 of them are recap/clip show episodes. That’s a quarter of the series!

The expectations of the takar trilogy is bigger than it really is...headmasters is fine. SGMF is just an anime and god I hate anime.
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937533)
Posted by Albatross250 on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:16am CST
bacem wrote:From tformers. Elita looks better than i expected.

[attachment=0]FB_IMG_1518321357294.jpg[/attachment]

Damn, Elita-1 looks Thicc :michaelbay:
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937534)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:22am CST

Anyone would think it was "Whinging of the Poms", rather than "Power of the Primes" seeing you moaning.

Here, try these sites:

- https://www.robotoyz.net/

[quote]"Robotoyz is an Australian online store specialising in various pop culture collectables and merchandise such as Star Wars, Hasbro Transformers, Takara Transformers, Japanese imports and 3rd party products."[/quote]

- https://www.mightyape.com.au/brands/tra ... s/toys/all

[quote]"Mighty Ape has been in business for over 20 years and has established itself as Australasia's largest Entertainment and Pop Culture store...We're based in New Zealand with customer support staff in Australia and daily flights across the Tasman via Australia Post and DHL Express...and offer delivery within 1-2 business days to most Australia metro areas via DHL..."[/quote]

As always, there is this site/s for you colonials:

- http://www.otca.com.au/
- http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Mighty Ape had POTP figures for (pre-order?)
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937541)
Posted by Qwan on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:30am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:

Here, try these sites:

- https://www.robotoyz.net/

- https://www.mightyape.com.au/brands/tra ... s/toys/all

As always, there is this site/s for you colonials:

- http://www.otca.com.au/
- http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Mighty Ape had POTP figures for (pre-order?)[/quote]
Robotoyz don't got nothin' PotP-related so far, and that aside doesn't even seem to have Hasbro toys at all (this is at a glance at least). Mighty Ape has PotP Wave 1 up for preorder due out at the end of March. And both are overcharging horrendously ($55 for a Takara Legends Deluxe? $40 for regular TR Windblade?!).

So if I may speak on Burn's behalf as well, thanks, but no thanks. We'll wait, and we'll complain. And there's nothing you can do about it :twisted:
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937542)
Posted by Chibi Starscream on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:32am CST
I like the look of that Hun-Gurr! Very cool!
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937543)
Posted by Burn on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:32am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:

Wow, I'm sorry for expressing my disappointment about the lack of PotP figures in my area!

Actually, you know what? I'm not sorry. I don't need someone like you getting up in my face telling me where I can order online, I'm well versed on where to find TF's online.

I'm waiting for them to turn up locally so I can support the local economy.

If you don't like me "moaning" about the lack of PotP figures around my area then here's a tip.

SCROLL ON

And telling me there's "sites for you colonials"? Fuck off mate, I have every right to post here just like you. And referring to me as a "pom" and a "colonial" is bordering on insulting me as I am neither. You're ignorance is clearly on display, I suggest you put it back into storage.
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937545)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:35am CST
It does seem that, looking at the Google results, Australia seems as ill-served, Transformers-wise, as the Uk was when I lived there. Robotoys is more for non-Hasbro stuff (but it might be useful for other TFs). As for other TFs, how about BBTS and the other usual sites?

Failing that, you could always both get jobs in Japan and come and join the party.
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937547)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:36am CST
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937552)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:39am CST
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:

I'm waiting for them to turn up locally so I can support the local economy.

SCROLL ON

And telling me there's "sites for you colonials"? **** off mate, I have every right to post here just like you. And referring to me as a "pom" and a "colonial" is bordering on insulting me as I am neither. You're ignorance is clearly on display, I suggest you put it back into storage.

I know you are not a Pom, but as I am one myself, you sure do sound like one! ;) Thus,as one "from the Motherland" sotospeak, I fully endorse your moaning and whinging. I HATED the lack of TFs in the UK and can fully empathise.

As for the links, they were meant to help you, not insult you.
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937553)
Posted by Qwan on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:41am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm sorry but I don't think Hun-Gur has hollow legs. Those are slots for the hinges to slide into for beast mode, they have to be open. Would a flap make such a difference?

I mean, whether functional or not, they are hollow for sure. And the Silverbolt/Scattershot mold had little flaps that at least pretended like they were helping the issue on those guys, IIRC. Hollow limbs don't bother me as much as they do others, but if it's not impossible to at least make the holes a little less obvious, I sure wouldn't have been opposed.
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937554)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:44am CST
bacem wrote:From tformers. Elita looks better than i expected.

[attachment=0]FB_IMG_1518321357294.jpg[/attachment]
Hun-grr looks great in robot and torso mode. The dragon mode is alright, if his front legs were a little thicker, it would be better. I think Hasbro knocked one out of the park with this one. Hopefully the limbs will do the torso justice.

That's actually the first time I saw Elita-1, and I'm not impressed. Maybe a closer look will change my mind.
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937556)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:47am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
bacem wrote:From tformers. Elita looks better than i expected.

[attachment=0]FB_IMG_1518321357294.jpg[/attachment]

their really getting use out of the silverbolt engineering almost like its a heavy retool
Re: In Hand Images of Hun-Gurr from Power of the Primes with First Look at Torso Mode (1937559)
Posted by Burn on February 11th, 2018 @ 12:51am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:I you are not a Pom, but as I am one myself, you sure do sound like one! ;) Thus,as one "from the Motherland"sotospeak, I fully endorse your moaning and whinging. I HATED the lack of TFs in the UK and can fully empathise.

As for the links, they were meant to help you, not insult you.

Don't try to soften this, you have jumped to the conclusion that I am of British descent.

That aside, you had the audacity to attack me, and don't sugar coat it, that is EXACTLY what you did, calling my post "whinging" when I was well within my rights as a member of this forum to do so. I am incredibly annoyed at the delay in these figures being released in Australia, and I'm not going to stay silent about it just because someone like YOU doesn't like it.

Well buckle up buckaroo, because I'm going to keep on whinging.

And to suggest I post on OzFormers? Answer me this primalxconvoy, why should I? Are you racist? Are you trying to segregate the Transformers fan community? Do you want fans to only associate with other fans from their "motherlands"?

You've made some incredibly annoying demands on this site over the last few months, but to come out and suggest I should take my "whinging pom" self to another website ... lol. nah mate, that ain't gonna happen. You're stuck with me.

To all the US members out there, enjoy the hunt and be sure to take lots of pics and share them!
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 46%
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 43%
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 40%
You save: 22%
You save: 20%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 20%