Thursday, December 29th, 2011 11:17pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 67,113

Some new in-hand images of MakeToys upcoming Giant components, Excavator and Bulldozer, have surfaced on ACToys. These two will comprise the first Giant two-pack that is scheduled to release sometime in January. Unfortunately these images, which we've mirrored below, only display the pair in their vehicle modes. Of note, the stickers have changed since the last time we saw these two. The "Excavator" and "Bulldozer" stickers have now changed to "MTC Co.".

Update: Added robot mode images.

Credit(s): ACToys

This article was last modified on Saturday, December 31st, 2011 10:58am CST

Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328497)
Posted by Blurrz on December 29th, 2011 @ 11:31pm CST
Can't wait for these beauties. Time to start up that GeeToo collection.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328499)
Posted by dedcat on December 29th, 2011 @ 11:43pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328501)
Posted by Vic on December 29th, 2011 @ 11:53pm CST
This is the set I've been waiting on too, but I'm still trying to decide if I should wait to see if they are doing them in G1 green and purple.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328504)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:05am CST
As long as they are G1-ish accurate (doesn't have to be perfect, but enough to be recognized), they're green and purple, and they're cheaper than Hercules, I'll look into buying the whole set. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328506)
Posted by dinogeist on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:11am CST
I like giant but I ain't getting the G-2 colored yellow one. I'm gonna have patience & wait for the G-1 colored giant.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328507)
Posted by NOS on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:17am CST
I wonder if it was an overall good move on their part to release these guys in G2 colors first...

Still, I'll be hoping there are enough sales in this set to eventually push Maketoys to bring us the G1 repaints. Going to hold onto my checkbook until then.

Regardless, it's one fantastic set of constructicons!!
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328510)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:42am CST
dedcat wrote:These are great, still I will hesitate to get them. Do I really need TWO $600-ish Devastator's? I suppose if I give up on unnecessary expenses like food and shelter I can pick em up.

Pretty sure they said the final green version box set would be in the $300-ish range. It better be, because I have a lot of the money saved up for it already.

Can't wait to get the green versions!
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328512)
Posted by guarayakha on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:54am CST
While I know that Devastator has his iconic look in green and purple, but for some reason these guys look mighty awesome in G2 colors. Probably had to do with how yellow contruction vehicles are more common where I live, but i think the way Maketoys design them also contribute to the overall feel of the figures.

I am so getting these. =P~
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328559)
Posted by noctorro on December 30th, 2011 @ 4:31am CST
These look Killer!
I'll be getting them, hopefully they don't have quality issues that need to be fixed with the release of the second pair.
I like Giant more then Hercules, but they are different enough to get them both.

That is still keeping me from buying Hercules, I still don't know which Constructicon fixes Exgraver's shovelthing, and which bot fixes HeavyLabor's hips.
And just read that Dr. Crank can come without Hercules' face!

Noooo!
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328583)
Posted by GunFire Alpha on December 30th, 2011 @ 6:57am CST
I think I'm going to be getting this set in green when its released (If I can get the money!) instead of Hercules - these guys are half the size, but half the price too.

While they're both ambitious projects, and naturally there will be some issues to deal with, Hercules has had several problems which combined with the overall price make it a deal breaker for me.

I also prefer the look of Giant to Hercules and think he's going to fit into my classics collection better.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328586)
Posted by Scud on December 30th, 2011 @ 7:08am CST
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328588)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on December 30th, 2011 @ 7:32am CST

They should have brought the green out first which i think they would have sold more of in a flash and then the yellow for those who want g2 and it would had more excitement about it instead of WTF.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328590)
Posted by GunFire Alpha on December 30th, 2011 @ 7:52am CST
Scud wrote:I thought the price for the 2 packs of this set was $150. That's not exactly 1/2 the price of the other set...

I live in the UK so I was calculating the cost in Pounds Sterling.
The price of the 2-packs is currently set at 10,500 Yen, which converts to 88.00 Pounds at the current exchange rate.

The price of an individual Hercules figure (In this example, Dr. Crank) is around 70.00 Pounds
from my preferred online store. There is a difference, you're right but it's not far off.
Rumour has it that the 6-figure set in G1 colours will be slightly cheaper than the 3 2-figure packs too :-)
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328627)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on December 30th, 2011 @ 10:00am CST
Hmmm...these appear to be significantly smaller and more detailed then the Hercules molds. However the Herc' has much more bulk on his side then these guys. If TFC made a repaint in realistic colors like these guys...well that would be just plain awesome. (Hey, I liked the yelllow repaint of G2 Devy as it looked much more convincing then a team of bright green vehicles
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328628)
Posted by Rated X on December 30th, 2011 @ 10:03am CST
Autobot Genocide wrote:Ive waited so long for these and the more i see the yellow version the more i hate the colour and the stickers

I gotta disagree. They are trying to capitalize on people who are already committed to Hercules but cant resist a G2 Devi to go with their Botcon 2010 stuff. And Im one of those people who might get suckered into buying both. Im really liking the colors. Even if the robot modes suck they do make a nice Devi allowing me to display Hercules in individual robot modes.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328655)
Posted by NTESHFT on December 30th, 2011 @ 11:07am CST
I'm glad they changed the stickers on them. Still can't wait to see more pics of them. Even if these guys together are only a hundred dollars less than TFC's Hercules, I'm still sold. That's a hundred dollars saved..........
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328672)
Posted by Poyguimogul on December 30th, 2011 @ 11:38am CST
If Maketoys "Hauler" wasn't so visually revolting I'd be more on board with this set. I like the individual robot sizes and combined mode height, but can't get past some of their design choices. It's like the FP insecticons. So RIGHT and yet so WRONG.
Hercules also has a weird looking "Hauler" but it's less MOVIE weird and more Energon Demolisher weird...
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328678)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 30th, 2011 @ 11:47am CST
These guys really do look scout class size. I know they're pretty much deluxe, but their design makes them look smaller to me. Not sure I like it. I was hoping to get both Hercules and Giant (although not sure which colour of Giant) but I can't see me having the funds anymore. Such a shame as I do think MakeToys' set is really great looking.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328683)
Posted by craggy on December 30th, 2011 @ 11:54am CST
I like them in the yellow, but am saving for the set of green and purple ones as I don't have any Devy bar the Sixbuilder repaint.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Excavator and Bulldozer (Updated with Robot Mode Image) (1328708)
Posted by reluttr on December 30th, 2011 @ 12:39pm CST
noctorro wrote:These look Killer!

And just read that Dr. Crank can come without Hercules' face!

Noooo!

Heavylabor had the fixed scooper for Exgrave, and Mad Blender will probably be the one with the fixed hips for heavylabor.

Also where did you hear about Dr.Crank arriving without devastators face? This is the first time I have heard of it. :S

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #280 - A Roar That Grasps Victory
"A Roar That Grasps Victory"
Posted: Friday, July 16th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Action Figure Mint in Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Optimash Prime Mr. Potato Head. For Ages 2+" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition ARMADA OF CYCLONUS SCOURGE DECEPTION SWEEP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TOMY Transformers AOE Age of Extinction Grimlock Flip and Change" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition ARMADA OF CYCLONUS SCOURGE DECEPTION SWEEP New" on EBAY
Buy "Galvatron 100% Complete Ultra RID Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition UNICRON Collection Action Figure Birthday Gift" on EBAY