In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound

In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound

Tuesday, December 24th, 2019 1:02pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,557

Masterpiece Hound was first revealed in July 2018 and now after a year and a half later, he is coming out. While he is coming out at the end of this month, many will be getting him early January. A fan got his hands on him already and uploaded many images on Baidu. Almost half are regarding instructions and steps, and you are free to translate the text found here for extra context. Below you will see images of the alt mode and bot mode with various accessories. Most images are rather unflattering, with dim lighting and a focus on how the head attaches in a funny way.

Take what you will from these but I would wait for criticism until more have it in hand.

Credit(s): Baidu

Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047722)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 24th, 2019 @ 1:08pm CST
Hound looks really good, the head looks better than the promo pics we saw before. As long as the bar the head sits on locks securely in place it should be a non issue.
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047724)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 24th, 2019 @ 1:36pm CST
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047725)
Posted by Kamijou Touma on December 24th, 2019 @ 1:39pm CST
I love MP Hound but I like Aqua better.
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047727)
Posted by angtre on December 24th, 2019 @ 1:56pm CST
Detritus repaint, please.
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047728)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 24th, 2019 @ 1:57pm CST
Kamijou Touma wrote:I love MP Hound but I like Aqua better.

Me too but not enough to have to pay the required 80$+.
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047730)
Posted by Evil Eye on December 24th, 2019 @ 2:25pm CST
Hooooo boy I'm not so sure about this one. Putting aside the cracks (which could just be production sample jank) he just looks...off, somehow. Kinda messy. The detail in jeep mode is nice though.
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047734)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 24th, 2019 @ 3:05pm CST
Kamijou Touma wrote:I love MP Hound but I like Aqua better.

Aqua?
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047738)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 24th, 2019 @ 4:01pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Kamijou Touma wrote:I love MP Hound but I like Aqua better.

Aqua?

If you don't know Konosuba, you're missing out.

Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047739)
Posted by Syclone on December 24th, 2019 @ 4:09pm CST
I actually don't hate it as much as I initially did. Hmmmmm.....
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047747)
Posted by william-james88 on December 24th, 2019 @ 7:04pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Will, what amaze me the most is not that you already have MP Hound in hand. It's that you have Figma Aqua! :shock:

Dont you make fun of those who dont read the text and just looks at the pics?
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047750)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 24th, 2019 @ 8:29pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Dont you make fun of those who dont read the text and just looks at the pics?

I read everything but quickly. I somehow missed "a fan" and assumed it was yours. Thus my surprise in "your" sudden interest in Figma. Especially for an expensive one such as Konosuba's Aqua.

As for MP Hound himself, he's a big "meh" for me. I'll stick with my good old Alternator version.
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047752)
Posted by Emerje on December 24th, 2019 @ 9:24pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Dont you make fun of those who dont read the text and just looks at the pics?

You can tell these aren't Will's pictures, there's no sign of his dinning room table and tile floors anywhere to be seen. ;)

The head does look a lot better in these pics, as does the factory paint. Transformation looks to be on par with the likes of Wheeljack or Sunstreaker, complex but not difficult. I think he's going to be a fun one to mess around with.

Emerje
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047755)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 24th, 2019 @ 11:23pm CST
Forgot this was coming out soon. Might get one after I come back gunnery and the field during the first quarter of the new year.
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047756)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 25th, 2019 @ 3:28am CST
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047758)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 25th, 2019 @ 5:40am CST
This figure is very underwhelming. It just looks dull. Like a very well done 3D-printed piece. Not sure why, but it just doesn't work. It's not even the right shade of green, I don't think. I thought Hound was a bit darker.
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047759)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 25th, 2019 @ 6:04am CST
Someone will probably beat me to it, but hopfully I'll have some better pictures once mine arrives.

Before I had straightened out MP-44's antennas I wanted to cancel Hound in protest, but the pre-order had already passed the cancellation cutoff date so I left it well enough alone.

Will finally have some green on the shelf.

(But no space!)
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047761)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 25th, 2019 @ 6:20am CST
From the TF:Generations 2020 book, source: @tf__tf --

Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047767)
Posted by Ironhidensh on December 25th, 2019 @ 9:56am CST
Merry Christmas! Amazon Japan charged me for Hound today, so he is on the way! Should be here by New Years.

As I'm slowly coming around to embracing the new MP style Takara is going with (while still feeling outraged at the prices, I'm a total mark for paying them), I'm quite looking forward to this!
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047784)
Posted by High_Q on December 25th, 2019 @ 9:46pm CST
Cyberpath wrote:Will finally have some green on the shelf.

(But no space!)

Nice MP Autobot :BOT: collection here.

In terms of aesthetics, Sideswipe really sticks out from the rest, even when compared to Siege Skyfire.
Re: In Hand Images of Masterpiece MP-47 Hound (2047785)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on December 25th, 2019 @ 9:53pm CST
Meh, I liked it better when Masterpiece's had a balance of toy and collectors item, like with star saber, or the original bumblebee, and Optimus primal, and especially sideswipe and Mp10. Personally, I'm absolutely happy with my siege hound, it has the right amount of cartoon accuracy while still maintaining its own distinct look. With this guy, it seems takara forgot how these figures work, as not all designs transfer perfectly from animation cel to plastic and die cast. And it's been like that since mp Cheetor and it's only been getting worse since they're under a crazy delusion that we want a ton of accessories we're never going to using as an excuse to mark up the price to the $300 price point. But overall, I feel like masterpiece figures are becoming ridiculously overly engineered leading to breakages on figures like MP 44, and they refuse to take the hint it seems. But those are just my thoughts, I personally won't be buying it since I, perfectly happy with siege hound in my life. But that doesn't mean you yourself can't be excited or want to buy it. So tell me what you think and whether or not you disagree with me so we can start a conversation.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie MEGATRON legends class FUSION TANK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV08 Underbite" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY