In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons

In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons

Thursday, April 1st, 2021 12:30pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,342

Here are the links to the sources

Optimus Primal: https://blacklai1979.blogspot.com/2021/ ... p.html?m=1

Seeker: https://blacklai1979.blogspot.com/2021/ ... r.html?m=1

Credit(s): Blacklai

Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100108)
Posted by Autobot N on April 1st, 2021 @ 12:59pm CDT
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100110)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 1st, 2021 @ 1:05pm CDT
I actually like the face
They gave him like a joker scar
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100111)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on April 1st, 2021 @ 1:06pm CDT
Eh, I already have Kingdom Primal and Rattrap and honestly the redeco isn’t really striking enough for me to double-dip.
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100112)
Posted by Spider5800 on April 1st, 2021 @ 1:08pm CDT
So Primal is slightly darker, but with some white on his robo chest where the original had blue. Meh, I'm fine with my purchase of the original.

What's up with that seeker's mouth? Is that intentional, since he's a "zombie"?
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100114)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 1st, 2021 @ 1:20pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:Man, I really hate what they did with Skyquake's face (I don't remember that being in the previous images). Almost ruins the whole figure for me.

I had to go back and look at what you meant since I missed it the first time. Quite clever since technically this bot is dead in the cartoon.

Anyone headcannoning him into some one else can pretend it's a battle scar
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100117)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 1st, 2021 @ 2:47pm CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! With Wave 3 of the Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron line now trickling out to stores across the world, fellow Seibertron user, and YouTube toy reviewer, PrimeVsPrime, has uploaded an unboxing, and video review of the 3rd, and potentially last, Spoiler Pack.

Inside Spoiler Pack #3 you'll find a redeco of Siege Megatron (largely looking unchanged from the Voyager set released as part of Wave 1 of this line last year) and a translucent purple Fossilizer Paleotrex redeco (called Skelivore). Accessories wise, you get a Matrix and four straps so Megatron can wear it, and a small D20 looking AllSpark.

You also get some black playdoh like the first set.

There's also text within the box that hints at spoilers within the third part of the Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron cartoon.

We have embedded PrimeVsPrime video below for you to watch and enjoy:

Special thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Dominus Prime for sending this through to us.

What do you think of this review? Do you just want Skelivore? Or are you after the whole package?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100118)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2021 @ 3:08pm CDT

Eeyup, the Netflix ones are definitely the ones for me.

Never found normal Kingdom Primal, and I've yet to pick up either Cheetor or Rattrap, so I won't have to worry about double-dipping.
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100123)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 1st, 2021 @ 3:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Image

Eeyup, the Netflix ones are definitely the ones for me.

Nice comparison shots! Cheetor is the only Netflix release I'll be picking up, though. Rattrap's Kingdom release colors look better to me. The Netflix one is missing his teeth and gives him a cocaine nose to boot. The fur also looks too dark, and all the silver paint apps are also too dark, being more gunmetal instead. With Optimus Primal, it's another give and take situation, like with the alternations to Cheetor's deco between Kingdom and Netflix, i.e., the metallic blue and deeper yellow look better on the Netflix version, but it's missing the paint apps on his legs. For Optimus Primal, the Netflix version gives him gray feet in robot mode, and some nice fine paintwork on the hands, but it gets the robot mode chest color wrong, turning the Kingdom light blue to white. The slightly different shades of blue, white, and red aren't of much consequence, but I much prefer the pure white of the Kingdom version to the off white of the Netflix version. The Kingdom version's red and blue also look brighter to my eyes. Strangely enough, the colors on Optimus Primal's beast mode chest don't match on the Netflix version! You can see that the outsides of his pectorals are a completely different color of gray compared to the hands and face. There's a slight difference too with the Kingdom version, but the contrast is much more subtle. For me, Kingdom has the better Optimus Primal and Rattrap, but neither release gets everything "right." I hope we get another shot at these molds in a few years with some "premium" show-accurate paint jobs.
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100124)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2021 @ 4:45pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Nice comparison shots!
They're not mine.

Wolfman Jake wrote:and gives him a cocaine nose to boot.
Not in the Blacklai pics it doesn't. Go back a page to the news post.

Wolfman Jake wrote:but it's missing the paint apps on his legs.
For better cheetah mode legs.
For Optimus Primal, the Netflix version gives him gray feet in robot mode, and some nice fine paintwork on the hands, but it gets the robot mode chest color wrong, turning the Kingdom light blue to white.[/quote]Gray, you mean. Like the cartoon:

And the Beast Wars Reborn/Beast Wars 10th Anniversary toy:

And the Beast Wars Telemocha Series toy:

Ryan doesn't have a gallery of the MP yet.
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100125)
Posted by o.supreme on April 1st, 2021 @ 5:06pm CDT
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100127)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 1st, 2021 @ 5:34pm CDT
Shitstorm look absolutely GLORIOUS!
I'm looking forward to have him.
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100156)
Posted by Tuned Agent on April 1st, 2021 @ 8:01pm CDT
I think I like Netflix Primal slightly more, but not enough seek him out over the regular deco. I definitely prefer the normal Rattrap though, the Netflix one looks too dark, and the unchanged orange clashes with the darker gray.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure those lines one the side of the mouth are sculpted into both facesculpts. How prominent they appear can vary from copy to copy depending on how well the face is painted. Sometimes it's super obvious like this, or sometimes it's not even noticeable, like on my copy of Thundercracker.

So basically, if you find him in store you'll probably be able to pick one with better face paint. It's what I did with TC and Hotlink.
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100165)
Posted by william-james88 on April 1st, 2021 @ 9:02pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote: I hope we get another shot at these molds in a few years with some "premium" show-accurate paint jobs.

Yeah, like having those hip ball joints be red instead of blue. That would have really helped this Netflix release.

Sabrblade wrote:Gray, you mean. Like the cartoon:

That makes it really dissapointing that the Netflix version chooses not to highlight the abdominal outline then. Also, I am 100% certain that there was a mixup/mistake where Hasbro inverted the colour codes for that chest circle when they sent in the paint specifications to the vietnamese factory. And it was too minor to warrant halting production.

o.supreme wrote:The changes are some of the most minimal I've ever seen. This will be one of those releases, many years from now, that only the most hardcore of fans will be able to notice the difference. 99% of people won't. I'm still saddened that Primal didn't come with 2 Battle Masters, it would have been a nice excuse to get it, but alas, my collection will have none. Neither the Kingdom Primal or this Netflix Voyager offer anything I need for my collection.

Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100167)
Posted by Spider5800 on April 1st, 2021 @ 9:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Gray, you mean. Like the cartoon:

Pretty sure it's blue, but reflective, so it looks lighter in bright settings (both of your pics have light shining directly on it).

In any case, it's definitely darker than the Netflix toy. That looks silver or white.
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100171)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 1st, 2021 @ 11:19pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Gray, you mean. Like the cartoon:

Takara Legends LG-02:

Transformers Masterpiece MP-32:

Takara's stance over the past 7 years has been that light blue is the correct screen-accurate color for Optimus Primal's robot chest.
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100172)
Posted by Changewinds on April 1st, 2021 @ 11:19pm CDT
Wish they sold Skelivore on his own. Don’t have a Megatron, but not really interested in him, especially with the battle damage.

I do find it interesting that with the NF BW bots, they seem to be erring in favor of a cohesive beast mode, especially with missing out on Cheetor’s blue paint.
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100174)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 2nd, 2021 @ 1:42am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I really don't think this particular release was made for anyone who already had these toys. Pretty sure it's just to make sure these characters are on shelves when the Netflix show is released. Hence why the deco differences are minor.

Yeah, it's pretty dumb to buy the same toy over and over just for having a different paint job. [-(

I mean, seriously, who does that? :WHISTLE:
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100183)
Posted by blackeyedprime on April 2nd, 2021 @ 4:59am CDT
Decepticon still looks good. I was unsure about the cthru bits being solid colors especially for tetrajet mode but it still looks fine. The face is a bit weird with the mouth but at least its going to look different next to the others.

Primals still a pass, happy with the MP but if they do a burning wfc version I'm in
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100190)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on April 2nd, 2021 @ 7:32am CDT
william-james88 wrote:When the voyagers for wave 3 of the Netflix Transformers line were first shown, lot of fans (including myself) were wondering what was so different with the Optimus Primal / Rattrap release. Well, now that we have some comparison images we can see all the differences. The colours on Primal and Rattrap are a lot more vibrant and full. You'll let us know what you think. These images come from the Blacklai Toybase blog. There is a gallery for Primal and a gallery for the Sparkless Seeker. We now get a really good look at his targetmasters.

Rattrap looks like he's taking a poop here.
Re: In Hand Images of Netflix Wave 3 Voyagers with Comparisons (2100262)
Posted by Nuclearxpotato on April 3rd, 2021 @ 8:21am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:

Rattrap looks like he's taking a poop here.

Well, compared to a real male rat... those fists are something else entirely.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "SILVERBOLT AERIALBOT TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GENERATIONS ULTRA CLASS 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars ultra magnus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Missing parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class - Rodimus (New and Sealed)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WFC Kingdom Commander Class RODIMUS Prime AF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Trailcutter / Trailbreaker Deluxe Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars RODIMUS complete legends figure cb2" on EBAY