Transformers News: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing

Thursday, February 8th, 2018 2:36PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,391

We learnt this morning that Singaporean fans could now get the Power of the Primes wave 2 deluxes.

So now we have in hand images, the first in hand images of the finished products (previous shots of certain bots were convention samples with paint instead of coloured plastic).

We finally see these toys at angles we have never seen them before. For instance, we can now see exactly where the combiner peg lies in Moonracer's toy. About Moonracer, we now see that she has exposed robot hands in the back of her car mode and a backpack that could give any of these toys competition (she must be quite the student!)

Along with shots of Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper and Moonracer, we have another shot of Blackwing combined with Dreadwind, forming Dreadwing. Those shots come from げんもん Photo Vault while the others come from N' Raid Raptor.

For those curious of what else is part of wave 2 and what is part of wave 3, and when to expect these toys near you, we have a guide made just for you.

Credit(s): げんもん Photo Vault and N' Raid Raptor

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936773)
Posted by Randomhero on February 8th, 2018 @ 2:40pm CST
That’s a backpack.

Can’t wait for the whole set.
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936775)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 8th, 2018 @ 2:48pm CST
william_james88 wrote:

The Combiner Peg is inside the backpack? :shock:

william_james88 wrote:

No overhead blasters on Snarl after all:

I wonder who they're for then?
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936778)
Posted by ebo716 on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:02pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I wonder who they're for then?
they are probably for Doryu from the Dinoforce, as he had cannons behind his head in stegosaurus mode
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936783)
Posted by Acesmcgee on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:18pm CST
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936784)
Posted by o.supreme on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:24pm CST

Did you happen to live in Japan where it was a giftset? Or did you just mean you happened to receive them all at the same time? That would have been a great gift, indeed!
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936785)
Posted by Bradimus on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:25pm CST
Flashwave wrote:The problem is, in business what you just said accidentally, was "Don't buy these, buy something coming (much) later." the best they could shoot for is replace the cross-sell with " Coming Soon" but in the case of current combiners, they almost need the cross-sell to say "Hey, if you buy this figure and four of these, you can put them together and make a bigger figure!" marketing is never about selling the next thing, its about selling the stock you already have.

What do you mean "Hasbro keeps secrets and that hurt Titans Return?"

First, I'd like to thank you for a great reply. Here I am wanting things sold all at once and gave a solution that doesn't work, and you responded kindly. Still, :HASBRO: could have mixed wave 1 and 2 with half deluxe Dinobots and half deluxe Terrorcons like they did with the Aerialbots and Stunticons. Had they done that I wouldn't have complained.

As to your question at the end regarding Titans Return, it didn't hurt sales, and that may have been an overstatement by me. But they delayed announcements for later waves that were coming out right after cons and that drove us nuts because we didn't know what was coming out until the last second. Not that it mattered since wave 5 got lost with holiday revision waves. I'm glad those sold well but what a mess for people like me who wanted Windblade and Twin Twist. I finally got Windblade but I've given up on Twin Twist, a toy from my youth I was greatly looking forward to updating. :(
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936789)
Posted by o.supreme on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:34pm CST
ebo716 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I wonder who they're for then?

odd, because the hole for the weapon is still there,

It's odd because if we do get Dinoking, I think its obvious we wont be getting them with the "pretender" gimmick,

but I don't think we will be getting what they looked like underneath either:

It may just be some sort of odd fusion of both, using the Dinobots as straight up (minor) retools for the Dinoforce. Though that brings into question...why would Hasbro go with Dinoforce inspiration (Dinoking), rather than Pretender Monster (Monstructor) inspiration?

I am honestly unbiased. I'd take either/or (actually give me both) :lol: . But itd does raise some questions... :-?
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936791)
Posted by Hotconvoy on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:37pm CST
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936792)
Posted by Randomhero on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:38pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william_james88 wrote:

The Combiner Peg is inside the backpack? :shock:

william_james88 wrote:

No overhead blasters on Snarl after all:

I wonder who they're for then?

No one I think it was just abandoned
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936793)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:38pm CST
o.supreme wrote:It may just be some sort of odd fusion of both, using the Dinobots as straight up (minor) retools for the Dinoforce. Though that brings intoquesiton...why would Hasbro go with Dinoforce inspiration (Dinoking), rather than Pretender Monster (Monstructor) inspiration?

I am honestly unbiased. I'd take either or (actually give me both) :lol: . But id does raise some questions...

So they are going for the inner robot angle, but the blaster remains a mystery.
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936795)
Posted by Randomhero on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:41pm CST
Hotconvoy wrote:Moonracer is just wow :shock: .She reminds me of the little kids show Dorra the Explorer with her backpack backpack :lol: as for the others the only thing i dislike about them is that i don't have them yet :( :-x

And that is the only reason to displike.

I’m sure like most Moonracer looks better in hand. I’m sure the weirdos who put all their transformers on the shelves backwards will complain but they’re weirdos for a reason.
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936797)
Posted by Bradimus on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:42pm CST
Acesmcgee wrote:I am loving that rippersnapper! Growing up Abominus was a gift I received and seeing that con is hitting me in the feels and nostalgia buttons. I wish I wanted that Moonracer and feel the same about Elita-1, but they just don't hit me the same. I loved Windblade and am waiting for some cash to get an arcee, so I don't know what about those figures is putting me off. In have to say I do love the color on Moony though.

That Moonracer looks like a disaster to me. I really wish she didn't. I wish that backpack could open up into something cool and flatter against her back. But then I have to get over her feet and I can't.

As for Elita-1, I really like her. Much better use of the mold than Starscream. I think this was actually made for her since Starscream got released first. I'm especially looking forward to giving Silverbolt a break as combiner center with Elita-1.

Arcee is a bit expensive but I love that head sculpt. I extremely dislike the bonus Ultra Magnus. I wish Arcee came with Scorponok. That would have been an instant buy and a good end for my TR collection. I may still get her if she doesn't disappear on me before I can. I hate that front flap on Grotusque but I had him as a kid and I want his bonus TM. What can I do?
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936798)
Posted by o.supreme on February 8th, 2018 @ 3:44pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:At NYCC 2017 the Terrorcons were shown off, including Cutthroat... with Wildfly's/Yokuryu's head:

So they are going for the inner robot angle, but the blaster remains a mystery.

I was aware of that, however...The pretender shells themselves could neither transform, nor did they have *robot* heads, so it would kind of make sense. Though for Wildfly/Yokuryu, I could see them using Cutthroat or Swoop (but most likely cutthroat because its what we've seen...) The original inner robots are very difficult to reimagine IMHO, as their "alt modes" were pretty generic. I see them possibly using a mix of dinobots and terrorcons to at least make some sort of recognizable creatures out of them.
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936821)
Posted by Etseterrestrial on February 8th, 2018 @ 4:28pm CST
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936832)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 8th, 2018 @ 5:07pm CST
Etseterrestrial wrote:My only complaint about the Dinobots is that they should've been Voyager and Leader(Grimlock) classes. Sludge just looks way too small to me and it sucks because I LOVE how they all turned out in terms of design. :( :-(

Wei jiang might be able to help us with that...
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936839)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 8th, 2018 @ 5:23pm CST

As awesome as that would be it would be quite expensive, and distributionwould be a thorn in the sides of anyone trying to get a full set if they were put waves apart...maybe a titan gift set would of been better.
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936878)
Posted by bodrock on February 8th, 2018 @ 6:33pm CST
damn, Even whitebots gotta shout...!<!-- ia0 -->IMG_0339.JPG<!-- ia0 -->
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936888)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 8th, 2018 @ 7:08pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So they are going for the inner robot angle, but the blaster remains a mystery.

If you look closely it looks like the blaster is a prototype of the thingy that goes into the combiner hand but upside down, since they all double as blasters, since the hands are all tied to the figure, the dinoking combiners might have specialized gun/hand covers for things like this?
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936889)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 8th, 2018 @ 7:15pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:

No, from the looks of it the hands are independently cast as only 3 types (so far) are shared between all Deluxes:

Bestial (with the spiked knuckles): all Dinobots and Terrorcons
Booster: Jazz, Moonracer
Engine: Dreadwind, Blackwing

And all share the same cover if I may add.

I did think about that theory for a moment given that the long handle on top has the same shape as those on the covers.
Re: In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing (1936894)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 8th, 2018 @ 7:29pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Bestial (with the spiked knuckles): all Dinobots and Terrorcons
Booster: Jazz, Moonracer
Engine: Dreadwind, Blackwing

And all share the same cover if I may add.

Like I said, it could be a special variant with an extra bit added on, maybe indicating that dinoking might be a platinum release, or a boxset?
Transformers products from AMAZON